Friday, December 6, 2013

Review Day

     Hi, y'all! Thanks for all the get well wishes for Mom. She's feeling a bit better, but definitely not 100%. I'm doing a great job of tripping her all the time because I'm literally glued to her side being a caring nurse.


     I have three reviews lined up for you today, so let's get to it. The first one is for Mutts-n-Bones, an Etsy shop specializing in collars, leashes and other accessories. I was sent their holiday Red Snowflake with Nickel Buckle to review. I really like this shade of red; I'm a red sable, so some reds look a little funky with my fur, but this red is slightly muted so it looks quite sleek.

     I've said before about how I'm not a fan of plastic buckles, which is why I'm so glad this shop offers not only metal quick releases, but also metal bar buckles (think what's used on most leather collars). The also offer martingales for the skinny heads among us, and your choice of metal or brass hardware.


Such a muscle-y chest!



I believe this collar's 3/4" wide.


PROS:
Tons of choices
Good prices
Fast shipping
Great service
Durable
Cute

CONS:
None

     If I could change one thing about these collars, I'd like to see some kind of lining option. My neck skin is really delicate and my fur is thin there, and the nylon of the collar irritates it if I wear it for more than a day.


     5/5 stars.


     Next up is a review of Cloud Star's Holiday Buddy Biscuits. These treats are tasty and totally adorable (they're itty bitty gingerbread men!), with healthy ingredients and they come in both crunchy and chewy varieties. They're gingerbread flavored; how festive is that?

    DM: I do want to mention that Nola had an upset stomach the day after eating these treats. I've no clue if it was from the treats, but given that that was the only different thing she'd been given and Nola's the only one of the Doxie Mafia who doesn't go around eating random things, it's a possibility. The Minions 3 also ate these treats, but they were perfectly okay.




So cute! Admittedly though, he looks a bit possessed. 



This one's the crunchy one.





PROS:
Adorable
Decent ingredients
Delicious smell
Yummy
Good prices
Fast shipping
Good service
Resealable bag
USA made

CONS:
Might've made me ill

     4.5/5 stars. Use the code HOLIDAY-13-NOLA for 50% off your order. Code expires in four days.


     Now we have a review for my pawsome friends, Chewy.com! Chewy sent me Halo Liv-a-Littles Grain Free freeze dried chicken treats, and OMD I love them. They're single ingredient treats that can be given to dogs or cats (they also come in salmon or beef if you have allergies), are USA made, are super easy to break up, and are so tasty.  I liked these almost as much as hotdog!
DM: From a peep's perspective, I loved these treats too. There's no greasy residue or persistent smell like with a lot of treats, and the crumbs brush right off. The best part is there's almost no smell, and what little odor they do have just smells like chicken. A lot of freeze dried treats have a very strong and district smell, but not these! The only issue is they're a bit pricey for the amount you get.


DM: Damn, I'm almost as pale as freeze dried chicken. Nice.



Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola



    

8 comments:

  1. The three were interesting reviews :)

    Welcome to join my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reviews Nola. I LOVE those Halo treats
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet reviewing treats is the best bit!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We know you're a caring nurse, Nola.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your mom is feeling better! You are so lucky getting to try out those treats! Mom is gonna go check out those collars. She says I need a new one. Can you explain what a Martingale collar is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reviews! That collar is so pretty. Our dog Sheba gets sick after having a homemade frozen yogurt treat. It's happened twice so I'm pretty sure that's it, though other times she's had them and been fine. The beagles are always fine with them. You have to wonder sometimes what it could be in certain things that bother some dogs and not others?
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!