Thursday, December 26, 2013

My Christmas Day

     Hey, y'all! I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Mine was fun, albeit hectic ;). First, we woke up DM: at the fucking ass crack of dawn. Have I mentioned I am the farthest thing from a morning person?, and headed about an hour and a half away to do early Christmas morning with Mom's bio dad. It was so frigidly cold out! Their was frost on the windshield of the car, and the ground was so frosty it almost looked like snow. It was around 36 degrees, and lemme tell you, that's COLD for us Floridans!
How beautiful is this?




     Then we came home and did our immediate family Christmas. After that, the peeps packed up to visit with the extended family for a few DM:long hours while I parked my happy booty on the couch for a nap.

Christmas eve, making peppermint meringue cookies.

Yule log cake with meringue mushrooms.

Yummy meringue cookies.

You'll drop something, right?

More meringue mushrooms.

Hot chocolate.





Crawling in Mom's stocking.



Cones! So Mom and I can work on weaving heeling for my Rally first trial in March.

DM: My new phone!! iPhone 5c in blue. LOVE! Thanks, Sweetie and Sugar!



Festive nails!


DM: I asked for an alpaca. I got my wish.






    Once they got home, Mom finally let me open my gifts from my BFFs, Lily Belle and Muffin! Girls, I can't tell ya how much I love all my goodies! I love the treats, and I brought my toy under the blanket to cuddle with. Momma loved the pen and the salt and pepper shakers! She has a small collection of Dachshund stuff going, and these look great! Technically, the blanket was address to Mom, but that's mine now. Of course. The Minions 3 loved the treats you included for them!





How awesome are my BFFs?! These treats are wheat, corn, and soy free. They remembered about my allergies!

Thanks, gawjusses!

Love ya!



This is mine now, Mom.




Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

21 comments:

  1. Nola...you really hitted da jackpot!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all have a Christmas hang-over this morning Nola, how 'bout you? So many prezzies to unwrap and (wow!) a lot of toys too to play with. We were on overload yesterday.

    We are sooooo glad you loved your gifts! Muffin and I worked hard at picking just the right stuff for you. We had to inspect each and every item personally to be sure it was "Nola Worthy."

    Thank you VERY much too for our pawsome prezzies!! Mommy is drinking her coffee this morning out of her new JUMBO coffee mug. It's the pawfect size for her since she makes a mocha latte every morning. We went crazy opening all the gifts from you. I mean CRAZY! Mommy and Daddy were tossing the toys around like wild people and Muffin and I were hell bent for election on retrieving them. All of the pictures taken were blurry bcuz we were faster than Superman. You spoiled us fur sure GF.

    We love you all and are blessed to call you our furends!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky thing, getting all those presents. And you look adorable wrapped in Mom'---sorry YOUR blanket!

    Dina

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a pawsome day even if you had to get up so early to celebrate. Hope you got to sleep in today. Lee and Phod who would have loved 36 F yesterday as the 24th and 25th was like -15 here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Nola! We love yur salt and pepper shakers and the blankie!! I'm worn out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Nola...it sounds like you had a VERY busy Christmas! I am so glad you had a wonderful holiday and that you got some fun and tasty gifts.
    *Cairn cuddles*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess you needed to be a bit more specific on the alpaca wish! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, looks like you had a fabulous Christmas! Those yummers look amazing...your Mom must be a super baker. I'd love to try that log and those cookies! Great loot from your BFF's.
    Grr and a Festive Woof,
    Sarge, Furiend

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD Lily Belle and Muffin really DID chews the RIGHT pressie stuffs fur you.
    WE are Super CRAZY over the Yule Log... complete with Mushrooms!!! SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas to all of you!!!

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lily Belle and Muffin are great friends. Those were some awesome pressies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun Christmas! We love early mornings, cold and snow, so that wouldn't be an issue for us, but you warm weather types...another story!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Christmas Nola, mom and minions! Looks like it was swell. But wow - I didn't know it got that cold in Florida - yikes! And busy? You must need a rest from your busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What a haul! We love frosts. That was fantastic that your BFFs remembered your allergies...now that's what we call friends.

    Looks like it was a wonderful day.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm tired just reading about your Christmas! Merry Christmas to you! I love your gifts. You obviously were a super good girl, Nola!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice loot, there, Amanda! My younger brother made out with some kickass Apple stuff, too (or is it Mac, now? I'm a PC person. ;) ). Love your case! Matches Nola's pretty teal sweater and Puppia harness (and probably countless other stuff, yeah?)

    PS. Don't be too sad about the snow [or lack thereof]. You're beaches of white, fluffy sand make a pretty good year-round substitute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMD!! How pawsome was your Christmas gurl?!!! Wows, You sure made out like a bandit! (too bad you didn't find some thing in your Moms stockin'...nice try thou!)
    I loves your, um, your MOMS blanket, and all those yummie treaties and toys!!
    Merry Christmas to you and your Family Nola!!!
    Oh, and Ma REALLY wants some of those meringue cookies!!!! Yums...
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you guys had a very Merry Christmas! Nola, I had a hard time not squealing at a few of your pictures, you're so darn adorable all curled up! And that last picture was just too cute as well. You and your Mom got some great gifts and made some incredible looking desserts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!