Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Meet the Bloggers Blog Hop!

     Hey, y'all! It's me, Dachshund Mommy. I know, I'm just as flabbergasted as you are that Miss Nola let me post TWICE in one week! It seems the little kielbasa is really feeling the generosity of the Christmas spirit. ;)


    Why is B letting me post again, you might wonder? Well, today is the Meet the Bloggers Blog Hop hosted by several different bloggers (Brining Up Bella is where I heard about it) so that all of us peeps can get to know the people behind the blogs. All you have to do is post a photo of yourself and answer at least 5 of 20 questions (they can be found in the link to Bringing Up Bella above). Since I love to ramble, I'm going to answer all 20 questions. Let's get to it!

Me and Nola.


  • What is your favorite non-animal related book?
     Hm, that's a tough one! I'm a huge reader and my preferences change all the time, but at the moment I'd have to say the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovitch. Only up to book 12 (of 20) though; after that the characters changed drastically from what they were in the beginning of the series, and not in a good way. 
The first 12 books are hilarious and I highly recommend them. A borderline nymphomaniac heroine, rampant criminals, a sexy ex-Speical Forces bad boy (I've mentioned I'm a needy slut for military men, right?), a hilarious former hooker sidekick, and lots of miraculous but funny takedowns and rescues. Very quick reads!


  • What's your favorite non-animal related movie?
     Easy A, hands down. Good Will Hunting and Despicable Me are also favorites, but Easy A takes the cake. It's a hilarious movie with a great moral, the cast works fabulously together and it has some of the funniest lines I've ever heard.

  • What's your favorite non-animal related food?
     Please tell me I'm not the only one who had to reread that sentence. Just sounds a wee bit weird. Anyway, I'd have to say...hm. A lot of my favorite foods have meat in them. Oh well, I'll just say em any way: Smoothies, pizza, Italian bread soup, frittata, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, green apples with salt, crostini, gumbo, White Castle, chicken involtini, chips and salsa, chicken enchiladas, Publix subs, wedge salad, Caesar salad, beef stew, homemade bread, cinnamon rolls, crab, lobster, fish.....


  • Who's your favorite actor?
     Honestly, I don't watch enough movies and TV to have one. 

  • What's one thing you do every day?
     Aside from basic things like eating, showering and brushing my teeth? Read.

  • What makes you feel fabulous?
     When I take a really good picture, a 45 minute shower, a clean house, a well trained dog, a pretty manicure, new lip gloss.

  • What do you wish you were more skilled at?
     Dealing with people, LOL! I don't like most people and my bullshit tolerance is very, very low.  Aside from that, I'd like to get better at cooking. I can do the basics just fine and following a recipe is easy, but I'm just too impatient to really enjoy the process, even though I love watching other people cook and I love the results.

  • What's your favorite holiday?
     Christmas! I'm so pissed I'm only just now getting totally over the flu and I've missed out on most of the anticipation leading up to Christmas.

  • Favorite meal?
     Depends on my mood, time of year, what I did that day, ect, but something I'm always up for is this: french bread with a garlic/spices/olive oil dip, fresh fruits and veggies, and meat and cheese. A great light, healthy and delicious meal! A great meal to linger over.

  • What do you like to do in your free time?
     Photograph, train Nola, read, exercise, admire Nola's collar collection ;), spend time with family.

  • What one word would people use to describe you?
     When I asked my mom this, she said "just one?". I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing! I told her 3 words would be fine and she replied with: smart, sarcastic and loving.

  • If your pet could talk (whatdaya mean, Nola can't talk?!) what is one word THEY would use to describe you?
     Obsessive. :p

  • What is one thing you've done you're most proud of?
     I am extremely proud of Nola, my photography, and this blog.

  • How is your pet most like you?
     How is she NOT like me? Honestly, Nola is me in dog form. She's smart, funny, vindictive, bossy, active, bitchy, loud and just a little crazy.

  • What can your body do that makes you most proud?
     Kinda an odd question, but okay. Aside from the miracle of breathing and existing, I've gotten pretty good at yoga.

  • If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
     I'm not sure I'd change anything, honestly. There are things I regret doing or saying, and some extremely upsetting experiences I don't want to ever relive, but everything that's happened in my life has happened for a reason and has brought me to the place I am now, a place I am very happy with. 

  • Other than blogging, what are three things that bring you joy?
     Nola, my family, photography.

  • What's one thing you could do to be more kind to yourself?
     I could probably worry less and try and let go of my need for control.

  • What drives you nuts about your pets? What melts your heart?
     I'm going to sound like I've got rose colored glasses on, but really nothing much drives me nuts about Nola. The only things that annoy me are when she barks high pitched or when she gets mouthy and snatches treats. Aside from that, everything she does melts me, particularly when she works well with me or lays her head on me.

  • If you didn't have your current pets, what pets would you have?
     I can't imagine having a pet other than Nola, so I'll just say the pets I'd like to have in addition to her. I'd love, and I mean freaking love, an alpaca. I think. In theory. Maybe. 


     That was super fun! I love things like that. Thanks to all the hosts!

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy






20 comments:

  1. Oo nice to meet you , i coldn't immagine you were so young :) , have a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was awesome to get to know you better. And I'm kinda with you on the people tolerance. I don't suffer idiots well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good answers to all the questions. I SO agree about the Janet E. thing. That series started out so FABULOUS and went to squirrel Snot. What a Shame. I quit at about the same place you did. There are SO many GOOD books out there and not enough time... not going to waste it on a bad one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed a lot of the Janet Evanovich stories, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you! I'm surprised Nola let you have the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A 45 minute shower, that is a long one! I would like to worry less too. It was nice meeting you.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Goodwill Hunting. I like your sense of humor
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed that! An alpaca? Nola could ride an alpaca :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was great! Do you know that up til now I thought you were much, much older???!!!!! Oh and my bullshit tolerance is very, very low too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Easy A is hilarious - good pick! Though, I pretty much like anything with whatsherface in it. Emma Stone. Came to me as I was typing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice meeting you and I love the janet books too but the last ones are pretty much the same but I still need to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice to learn mor eabout your

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved reading your comments! :) I too am a BIG fan of Publix subs. Chicken tender sub all the way! With ranch and spicy buffalo sauce of course! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love reading these posts and getting to know my blogging friends better. That is a beautiful picture of you and Nola.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVED Easy A - that movie is absolutely hilarious!

    Really enjoyed reading your answers and getting to learn more about you - this was such a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A 45 minute shower?! That sounds fabulous! I could never do it. One, I'd probably run out of hot water. Two, I'm so ADD that I can't stay in the shower longer than ten minutes, and that's on days I wash my thick hair. :( Dang. 45 minutes. That sounds like heaven. Maybe I'll try that some day ...

    You don't want an alpaca. You want a duck. A drake. Only one. And maybe some chickens for him to boss around. I'm tellin' ya, ducks are the way to go. Seriously. I'm not biased or ANYTHING.
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice to finally see your face! Gretel barks "high pitched" too. I call it chirping since that is what hers sounds like. It reminds me of the baying that beagles do when on a hunt but it is WAY more annoying. She pretty much only does it when she see's squirrels.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!