Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lights...Camera...Nola!

     Hey, y'all! Dachshund Mommy here today to share with you Nola's Christmas photo shoots. So far, at least! I adore Christmas, and with so much beauty around (particularly Christmas lights for some bokeh, as you'll see below) inspiration is everywhere. It's only the third, and already Nola's had three shoots. :p I'm sure I'll be sharing many more of these with you!
Fair warning: this post is incredibly pic heavy.


     For the first shoot, I had to consult with Sweetie. If you aren't aware already, Sweetie is my mom and Nola's grandma/fashion consultant/stylist/manager. Last year we did the typical and somewhat gaudy Santa hat route, and I wanted to do a 180 this year. Sweetie suggested we go a subtle beachy theme. We used an old and weathered adirondack chair, soft white lights, small Christmas tree branches, a pale blue blanket and Nola's sporting a silver blue martingale collar.

Setting up.















    The next one was totally spur of the moment and I give props to a certain online pin board for sparking the idea. While browsing the wasteland that is Pinterest, I came across this awesome and simple "insta-backdrop", as I've dubbed it. In the original pin, the photography took a baby gate and wove multicolored lights through it to make an awesome bokeh backdrop. I was like "hm, I can do that. In fact, I can do it better!", so I took our fireplace screen that belonged to my great great great grandmother and covered it with soft white and yellow Christmas lights. I then took the couch footstool and draped it with a white blanket, making sure it stayed nice and flat to save me hours of cloning in postproduction. This shoot resulted in the header, which I LOVE.

Pretty, isn't it?







I took some of the snowflakes like in the above picture and hung them on the screen.


My set up. Fireplace, footstool, place to prop my elbows on to avoid my shaking hands ruining the picture.



How precious is that little head tilt? Collective "awww".







Note to self: put this chin-on-the-floor-trick on cue. Too damn cute.





Set up, part doux.









    And lastly, I had to break out the Santa hat. I had to.





Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy

PS: Points if you can count how many different collars Nola sported over this three day span. :p

26 comments:

  1. What an amazing and warm place :)

    Welcome to join my blog
    Yourspecialdog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures Nola! That's funny, extra points for counting collars!! We think there were 4 different ones. That is the furst thing we noticed was that you had on different ones.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is 5 different collars. There are so many super spectacular shots in this post, I'm almost speechless. Nola is such a professional and you (and Sweetie) are great set designers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I need to get busy and take some holidays shots. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are quite a photographer! Yes, you have a fabulous model, but your eye for design is obvious!

    All of these potos are simply breathtaking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful as always!


    Love the header!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all just gorgeous, you are spoilt for choice.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the second one from the Spur of the Moment collection
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, spectacular, Nola. Nolatacular! You have put me in the spirit, and I was not in the spirit. Tootsie approves mightily of those paw and tail close-ups.

    You are gorgeous.

    xox
    Renee & Tootsie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those. That back drop idea came out super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos! It is always comforting to see that my mom isn't the only crazy human with all the set up for different shots. Very creative stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does Nola ever take a bad picture? She's a great model.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You make a great model, love looking at all those pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are all so great, we can't pick a favourite. You gave our Lady some ideas for our shoot this weekend . . . Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  15. All are great choices!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh! Love them all! Esp love the inside shoot that I hadn't seen on DF yet....

    Also: your photos make me really, really want an actual camera. Smartphone cameras be damned.

    --crock aka Champ's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great shots. Nola, you got some nice blue balls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMD, they are all superb!!! We like the first set with the beachy theme the best, but seriously, they are all great!!!

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  19. I should work more with Walter. He loves to pose for me too.

    I love your header and all the pictures in between. Were they all done with just natural light?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nola you have beautiful eyes!! Well you are beautiful of course and you always look so nice in pictures.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMD, Nola you are just too cute for words gurl!!! I see T-Shirts in your future! (and mugs, and billboards, and magazine covers.....)
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my amazing you are beyond gorgeous. I count three collars and it looks like you have a fetch tag pet tag we LOVE those

    retro rover formerly urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your Christmas light bokeh. You have the most endearing eyes. I use a tension curtain rod between the archway from my living room to dining room to hang backdrops on and it works really well!
    ~ Bark'n About

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh, she is SO photogenic!!!! Not to mention adorable!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nola, you are the best model. My mom has a paw fetish and those paws of yours make her smile! I don't have nice clean paws like yours and mom says she misses them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are so pretty AND cute Nola. I just love you. I bet you and Gretel would become fast friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!