Monday, December 9, 2013

It's My 3rd Gotcha Day!

     Hi, everyone! It's my third Gotcha Day! I can't believe it's been that long already. As the overused saying goes, feels like just yesterday I came home in Sweetie's purse, accompanied by an order of cheese sticks from Sonic. Mmm, cheese sticks.... I'm getting a bit distracted here, so I'll turn it over to Mom while I clean up my drool.

8 weeks.


     DM: Thanks, baby girl. My god, y'all, I can't believe that my girl has been with us for three whole years! It shocks me to think that the 2lb puppy who was just a bit bigger than an iPhone has turned into the beautiful, smart, loyal, crazy little beast she is now. Never in a millions years would I have imagined she'd be this incredible, this perfect for me, or that we'd have such an incredible bond. She's my pride and joy.
I couldn't have asked for a better dog if I'd have picked each trait out by hand. She's the perfect mix of crazy and level, biddible and stubborn, wild and tame, devious and innocent. She's so intelligent, so loving, so funny, so loyal, so protective, so crazy. She's perfect. She's my bug. Here's to many more years, baby girl! Love you, B, always.
10 weeks old.


8 weeks.

11 weeks. 

12 weeks. She still loves big sticks (cue perverted laughter).


At 12 weeks, doing a sit and watch me. So smart and quick, even as a tiny baby!

Down, 12 weeks.

4 months (itty bitty legs!)

5 months.









Kisses and Tail Wags and Hugs,
Dachshund Nola and Dachshund Mommy

29 comments:

  1. Happy gotcha day NOLA.



    I sent you an e card... Maybe it went to your spam.
    xo Love and Licks Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting day! Happy 3rd Gotcha Day Nola. Bet Mommy is gonna do something special for you today. Maybe a nice walk on the beach perhaps? We too are thankful bcuz you're such a GREAT BFF!!!!!

    Love,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Gotcha Day Nola. To 87 million more!
    Lady wants you to know that she borrowed your light idea for her picture with Phod. she hopes that is ok! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Gotcha Day Nola :))) so happy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Gotcha Day Nola,
    Your puppy pics were precious and you have grown into a beautiful Dog. We just love all your pics and love your header. Mom says you remind her of her childhood dog named Gypsy, she looked just like you!! She ewws and awws all the time!!

    Wags
    Jazzi and Addi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Gotcha Day sweet Nola. You are in a good place!
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY THIRD GotCha Day Nola. You did chews a super family to adopt. We hope you have a FABULOUS time celebrating your Special Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Gotcha Day, Nola :) Milo & Jet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Gotcha Day, have a great time!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, happy, happy Gotcha Day, Nola!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happiest of all happy gotcha days, Nola!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Happy 3rd Gotcha Day! She is a true beauty! May you have many, many more wonderful and happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Wow, a huge Scottish happy Gotcha Day Nola.

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Gotcha Day Sweet Nola! We hope you have lots of extra treats.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy gotcha Day #3, Nola - hope you had a fun day.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Nola!
    Wow, happy 3rd Gotcha Day, my very good furiend! The time flies because we always have so much fun. I hope you have a wonderful day with lots of treats and toys. Wishing you many, many more years and I'm glad we get to share our lives.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Pol Comm

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Gotcha Day Nola!!!


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, those puppy pics are so precious! It sure brings back memories of Twix for me. There is NOTHING on the planet sweeter than a doxie puppy! Happy 3rd Gotcha Day, Nola! Go soak up some sun rayz to celebrate! I can tell you and your mom have a very special bond and your mom will cherish that bond forever....I promise! Sending you a big smooch and cuddle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Gotcha Day, Nola. You're just the super sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy gotcha day! Here's to many, many more. You were the cutest little pup!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Gotcha Day, Sweet Nola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Belated Happy Gotcha Day Nola! Here's to seeing your pretty face for many many more years to come xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Gotcha Day, Nola! (sorry I'm late) What an adorable puppy you were, and you grew into such a beautiful young lady!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete