Monday, December 2, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

     Hey, y'all! Over the weekend we got our tree and decorated the house, and Mom also took my Christmas photos! It's a family tradition to get the tree and decorate the day after Thanksgiving (yeah...we like Christmas), and that's just what we did. I went with the peeps to pick out the tree! Since our town is small, we just went to Lowes and grabbed one. I was a perfectly behaved girl, and I got many looks and smiles. People loved that I was rocking my winter coat!


     As I said, we like Christmas. We have buckets, bins and basket chockfull of decorations, lights, books, ect. In addition to the real tree, we have five other small artificial trees. The real one's always the pretty and tasteful one, with white lights and minimal, delicate ornaments, and the fake ones are the gaudy ones that get festooned (isn't that a great word?) with kids ornaments, vibrant baubles from the 50s-60s and multicolored lights.


     I had one of my Christmas photo shoots yesterday. It went for over an hour, and Mom was tired before I was! I'll show you the results tomorrow. The header's from that shoot. Whatdaya think?

   

I like these itty bitty trees. They're just my height!


That chainsaw is interesting.
















This one's nice!






Matches my outfit!

I'm not impressed.




It's Nola sized!



I don't ever want to hear another thing about my collars, you seasonal hoarder.


DM: Hot chocolate, whipped cream and cinnamon. YUM!





On the front fence.


Pearl's back!


Naughty or nice? Naughty, for sure.


Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

18 comments:

  1. We can hardly wait to see your Christmas photo's Nola! They are gonna be just beautiful!! Looks like you had a great time shopping at Lowe's.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top header photo.

    Its so funny to me that people buy Christmas trees at Lowes. I live in Oregon, the world's number one supplier of Christmas trees. Which means that most people go out to the tree farms and pick their own tree there, or go to one of a million little tree stands that pop up all over the place. There is a good chance that the tree you got there in Florida came from Oregon, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So festive, and you were a good shopping helper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful christmas tree that you have and we love the lights in your yard as well. Love the new Header photo :) We can't wait see all your christmas photo's. Milo & Jet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so beautiful! I LOVE the header. That is a perfect picture. Looking forward to seeing all your little holiday touches. Show us more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! You picked the perfect tree Nola
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab Nola! Happy almost Xmas!

    Earl and I from Earl's World!
    http://sumskersandearlskers13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It would look a lot more like Christmas if you weren't stood in the blazing sun, LOL.
    You ought to have dark grey skies and screaming bitter wind - just like us.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the header. At least you got to move around for your photo shoot. We had to stay in the same place. Of course, it didn't take as long.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nola, you take such beautiful photos! I love the photo in the header...you look gorgeous! I'm so happy the holiday decorating has begun!
    *Cairn cuddles*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nola, I absolutely love your new header photo! I have to say, my favorite photo is the one where you have your coat on and your human is wearing flip flops....while buying a Christmas tree! Your tree is beautiful and I can't wait to see the rest of your Christmas photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so cute in your coat. What a nice tree you got. It is just your size.

    Walter

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that your header photo is incredible!! It's fabulous. Your mom used the limited depth of field beautifully, and you were your usual gorgeous self.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the new header photo. Is that jacket keeping you nice and toasty? It looks quite warm in Florida still!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!