Monday, November 25, 2013

I Dodged Probing (or, to be politically correct, My Trip to The Vet)

     Hey, everyone! On Friday, I had a ghastly experience: I had my annual exam at the vet. You don't even want to know what they did to me the last time I was there (but if you're curious, I had my butt expressed!!!). 
It was just a quick check up, and thankfully they stayed mostly at my front end and nothing was placed where it didn't belong, if you get my drift. I'm in perfect health; no parasites, perfect teeth, clean ears, strong heartbeat, all my organs where they're suppose to be, great muscle tone. I'm in perfect condition and weigh in at a delicate 10lbs, 8ozs.

     I was very well behaved in the waiting room and during check out, but once we headed into the room all bets where off. I didn't want anything to do with anyone besides Mom and Sweetie (who came along to photograph the ordeal and lend me some much needed moral support), and was a quivering ball of nerves. I'm usually a confident and aloof girl, but not this day! I wanted Mommy. DM: Even nervous, Nola thankfully has a fairly even temper and complied perfectly with the exam. I was quaking in my proverbial boots (DM: actually, she was shaking in my boobs; she firmly situated herself on my chest and had to be pried off).
It wound up not being too terribly bad, in the end. I didn't get probed, and I didn't get any shots since we're doing limited vaccines and I'll be getting my last or second to last set (excluding the 3 year rabies) next year, and we went to WhatABurger afterwards. I ate fries (DM: With ketchup. My mother insisted that's what little Kielbasa wanted) and nearly half of Mom's burger. There are few things in this world that can't be fixed with a little fast food, in my opinion.



"Look, ma! Here comes another Dachshund. Wow, he's an older fellow. And chunky. "
"B, not everyone can be the super model you are. But you're right; unless he has a medical condition he should NOT look like that."

I heard my name. What do they want with me?
Oh shit! I know what happens here! GET ME THE HELL OUTTA DODGE!

If I close my eyes, none of this is going on. Denial is just a river in Egypt.
DM: I literally had to pry her off me. Her paws where wrapped around my arm and/or shoved down my shirt.

NO NO NO NO NO NO!



Treacherous bitch.

"What is the matter with you?! Didn't your mother ever tell you it's rude to go shouting a lady's weight?"

And at checkout, a model citizen.

Thank dog, let's leave.

"Yes, I'll have 23 cheeseburgers, 3 orders of fries, a slushie, a shake, a large Coke, and a small sunday. Didya get that?"
DM: Off topic and totally not helping my addiction, but don't you just love this collar? It's the Paco Collars Mini Swirl and I loooove it.


That was exhausting.


Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

14 comments:

  1. Dear Nola, We know the vet is a scary place, but Lady says it is important to go cause they help keep you healthy. We are glad you past the test with flying colours, and got fries. Fries are the best. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely hide down your Mom's shirt- no one can see you at all! Tasha and Hope do this (in fact, Hope is under my shirt all day long!) and Ginger used to do this to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a brave dog :) good girl

    Welcome to join my blog
    Yourspecialdog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nola we know exactly how you feel, that is why we call ours the frankenvet!!!! Those fries sure look yummy!!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck, the vet. Good you escaped unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Nola. But at least you're healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We see that look of terror often in our house, poor Bridge.
    Glad you got to escape with not too much torture.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why they insist on touching everything including our hiney, I will never understand
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great, now I desperately want some french fries. All your fault.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We completely understand the VET thing. Bella is about an 8 on the richter scale when she goes in. At least you got fries.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & roxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are so glad to hear you survived your ordeal.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you received a clean bill of health. I couldn't help but notice your Human is wearing flipflops in November. I'm incredibly jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea on the good check up gurl!!!! And on the fries!! Yummers for sure!!!
    I hates the vetties too, butts I'm not quite as well behaved as you...imagine 60lbs of freaked out terrier, and you get the gist of what I put Ma through....
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for a perfect bill of health!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!