Monday, November 11, 2013

Beach Day

     Hey, everyone! First and foremost, a big thank you to all our veterans!



     Yesterday the peeps and I went to my favorite place on earth, Mexico Beach. It was a beautiful day, warm but not hot and just a little breezy. The water was so clear it almost looked fake, and HOLY BAT BALLS was it cold! Dachshund Mommy: It was actually really funny to see Nola get her feet wet in the frigid water. When we go to the beach, I always take her on a really long walk. About half way through it she likes to get in the water up to her neck, but the second her paws touched the icy liquid she jumped back and refused to get closer. Can't say I blame her; I hate cold water!



     I was, of course, perfect. But you knew that.
DM: I am so proud of the dog Nola's matured into. It's taken a lot of time and effort, but she responds so flawlessly  and works so smoothly with me it's like she was made just for me. I swear sometimes this dog can read my mind!
She had no problem whatsoever doing a sit/stay at my side while a lady got ahold of her unruly off leash dog, and she maintained a perfect formal heel as we passed the dog struggling with it's owner to get loose. She stayed by my side without prompt, and only went ahead when I asked her to. I barely had to open my mouth to recall her before she was barreling at full speed towards me. Love her. I can't wait for our first Rally trial in March! And with that brag, enjoy a photo overload!



It's a loooooong way down.


Cuz I'm sexy and I know it.

There's a seagull and a sand piper!

Working on my tan.



Sit/stay


Sit/stay

Come!





Too bright, too bright.


Gotta avoid tan lines!



HOLY SHIT THAT'S FREEZING!










DM: She saw this thing, hopped up, and demanded I take her picture.




Horseshoe crab!


Guess that's as far as we can go. Hmpf.

Hm, maybe I should come with a warning..... "WARNING: HAWT"


Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

16 comments:

  1. Hehehe! You is one HAWT lady! I would like to trade spots with you. You can come get a taste of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great adventure you've been on there. We went on a similar long walk yesterday too, although for us it was 46 F rather than 50 (which is quite warm BTW). However your skies and stunning beach make our local A ONE look like nothing. Congrats your great behavior Nola! Wish you many more adventures,

    Dina and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I want to go to the beach! That sand looks wonderful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful weather! The sky and sand contrast is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever we see your beach it looks like some kind of tropical island - so furry jealous, BOL.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Nola!
    Wow, what a gorgeous beach! Sounds like such nice weather too. Love that pix of you getting your tan BOL and on that big log. OMD the crabby girls will be all agog that you saw a real live horseshoe crab! They are so fascinating. Thanks for sharing that pix!
    Grr and a Patriotic Woof,
    Sarge, Pol Comm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Nola, you makes da beach look likes a fun place...except fur da butt freezin' water.
    Such beautiful fotos!

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  8. PAWsome and I'm jealous ... LOVE the white sand and your photo working on your tan. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I'm so jealous that you still have sunshine. It's freezing here in Toronto! Did that horseshoe crab try to pinch your nose, Nola? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What delightful and WARM photos!!!!! Just gorgeous! Hell if I were on that gorgeous white sandy beach I would behave too! And this is the MOM talking! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful favourite place So proud of you for being such a good listener! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  12. We I would love to visit Mexico Beach one day. The sand looks so fine and soft. Gorgeous
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nola, my momma says you do things that remind her of Twix. I've never been to the beach but hope to go someday. It sure looks like fun! Do you ever roach in the sand?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The snow is falling here right now so your post is a ray of sunshine. You sure were having a great time.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're "sexy and you know it!". Love those photos - white sand, blue sky, and YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We always love to see you romping on the beautiful beaches Nola!

    We sure hope that we can head to Florida in 10 days. We had ice and snow last night and talk about FREEZING! Brrrrr, it's 25 outside this morning. We need sunshine quick!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!