Friday, October 25, 2013

Review Day

     Hey, everybody! I've got some reviews set up for you today, but before that something I wish I never had to hear. Last night our beloved friend Benny of Two French Bulldogs lost his battle with liver cancer and crossed his rainbow bridge. He was a great friend, and such an inspiration. Run free and fast, Benny. Say hi to Charlotte for us. Warm hugs and gentle Doxie snuggles to your family.



     First up is a review of a leather collar that has my name and Mom's number stamped on it from Grimm's Leather, an Etsy shop specializing in lovely classic looking leather products. I was sent a 1/2" wide leather collar with a silver strap buckle and type font.
I usually wear 3/4" to 1" wide collars, but this 1/2" is really nice when you're wearing a harness or even just around the house when you need ID without the bulk. And since your name and number are stamped into the collar itself, there's no need for the jingle of tags.





PROS:
Well made
Good price
Great service
Lots of options/very customizable
Fast shipping
Durable
USA made

CONS:
Nothing

     5/5 stars! If you'd like one for yourself, use the code DACHSHUNDNOLA15 for 15% off your order (valid until Dec. 31st).


     Next up is a paracord leash from Xtreme Paracord Gear. Here's a little about them:


Hi my name is Craig Gremillion and I am the founder, owner and developer for Xtreme Paracord Gear. I am a Christian, Father, business owner, boy scout of the past and outdoorsman.
I live in Walker, Louisiana. My Christian beliefs govern all of my life, including my business.
I want you to know that I am not one to think that I am or ever will be perfect in any way. My life is quite the contrary, but the one thing I know for sure is that I am a great sinner and I serve and love a great Savior. I thank the Lord Jesus Christ that He is much more full of grace than I am of sin.
I believe in working with my customers to achieve satisfaction on both ends of the transaction. Please if you have a problem with our products or with our service let me know. I may not be able to fix the problem, but I will do my best to make the situation right.

A word about the quality of our products.

Xtreme Paracord Gear is proud to be: (1) American owned; (2) American managed; and (3) American crafted. We use only the highest quality materials for our entire line of paracord gear.

Our Dedication to Excellence

We hand craft every Xtreme Paracord product. Great pride is taken in each piece of gear to produce the finest quality, most advanced and most durable paracord gear we hope you will ever own.
Also, asking our customers for continued feedback on our products gives us the tools we need to keep pace with their increasingly varied demands, needs and requirements. Reach out to us, we want to hear from you, and we will listen!
We build gear that is tough, stylish, a blast to wear, and can help people when they really need help.  When you wear or use a piece of Xtreme Paracord Gear, you are making the statement that you believe in American production and doing what it takes to survive in the world we live in.
Of the many places you could have chosen to spend your money on paracord gear, I want to thankyou for choosing Xtreme Paracord Gear. Thankyou for trusting us to help you survive with gear you can trust to stand the test of time.
If you have questions or need customer service help please contact me: sales.xtremeparacordgear@gmail.com

     I was sent a leash and collar in several shades of purple to review, and since I am wonderful and generous I decided to give it to my Minion, Boston. Here's what Xtreame Paracord Gear says about their collars:


Tired of Cheap Made Dog Collars ? Have you been searching for a Dog Collar that will not rot,or mildew? Are you tired of the cheap, plastic buckles that break and put your dog, other dogs and possibly people at risk or in harm's way?

Don't just purchase another Dog Collar, purchase an Xtreme Triple Wide Paracord Dog Collar.
The Xtreme Classic Paracord Dog Collar is your total dog collar solution.
You need a Dog Collar that is:
  • Heavy duty
  • Safe
  • Stylish
  • Reflective Availability
  • Washable
  • Survival Useful
  • Rugged
  • Customizeable
  • Personal
The Xtreme Classic Paracord Dog Collar comes with a LIFETIME WARRANTY





PROS:
Metal buckles
Lots of choices
Good service
USA made
Durable
Well made

CONS:
Too heavy for a dog my size (11lbs)
Leashes only go up to 4ft. I'm short. Mom is tall.

     3.5/5 stars.


     Now we have With Bug Love, an Etsy shop that makes collars, tags, stuff for humans and leashes. Here's a little about them:

We are the crazy dog people your mother warned you about!

Dog hair, coffee, a sewing machine, and a little black cocker spaniel nicknamed Bug got us started in this adventure, and we wanted to share that love with everyone else.

Parents aren't supposed to have favorites, but lets face it we all do. Biko (who was affectionately named Bug) was hands down the favorite dog of anyone he met. He was adorable, sweet, quirky, and his antics kept us laughing every day. He was found Thanksgiving weekend on the Texas country roads with his fur bleached out from the weather, covered in fleas and ticks, and a long list of ailments that made him gravely ill. Everyone he met fell in love and fought to keep him alive, and we were no exception. He lived a short but happy life with us and his canine brothers before being diagnosed with a deadly blood disorder in 2011. Once we lost our beloved little man we wanted to share with the rest of the world what he had given us: lots of love and pure joy. And so with bug love was created.

We work with different rescue groups across the US in both fostering and transporting dogs and donating collars and leashes for dogs looking for their forever homes. Every dog deserves a little bling in their life, and we want to make sure their new start in their new life is done in style.

To see updates on our current fosters or to see the stories of those who have found their forever homes, add us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or visit our website www.withbuglove.com

     They're also huge supporters of rescue, and their favorite one is DFW Pug Rescue.

     I picked their 3/4" wide "Blah Blah Blah" collar to review. I liked this collar overall!

Matches my teeth!


PROS:
Cute
Decent selection
Good price
Adjustable
Washable
USA made
Shop donates products to rescues
Custom sizes available

CONS:
All hardware except the D ring is plastic. I'd like to see metal buckles (or metal buckle upgrade) and metal slides.

     4/5 stars.


     Up next is Julius K9, specifically for their IDC harness. Julius K9 makes harnesses, collars, leashes, tugs and toys and much more.

It comes in lots of sizes, several colors, has removable patches, the larger sizes (Mini-Mini and up) have a handle on the back, and they're all reflective. It's an easy on/off style, albeit a little different than most. It has a buckle at the girth and the neck is adjustable with velcro.

     The sizes are a little wonky. Technically, I'd fit in both the Baby 2 and the Mini Mini. The Baby 2's neck size was near perfect, but since the girth was almost too tight it pushed the neck up too high. The Mini Mini's girth is perfect, but the neck is a little loose. (see below pictures)





Mostly fits

Mostly doesn't fit


PROS:
Reflective
Lots of sizes
Removable patches
Sturdy
Durable
Lots of colors



CONS:
Sizing is weird
Not very comfortable
Not super adjustable, so easy to slip

     So overall it's a nice harness, but I wouldn't recommend it for small (20lbs and under?) dogs. 3/5 stars. 
     


Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

8 comments:

  1. Benny and Charlotte will be Racing and Running together now. Blogville just HATES to lose a furend... butt we know we WILL all be together again..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews, I like the blah blah collar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good reviews Nola...Momz like the paracord collar but it might be too heavy for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. That paracord collar looks slick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benny's passing has left us speechless. What a rough patch in blogville.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We feel for the loss of Benny too
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dogs are the most liked animal by many of the people around the world
    Diabetic Alert Dogs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!