Thursday, October 17, 2013

Awards

     Hey, everyone! Life with Ragdolls gave me two great awards, and What Remains Now gave me another! Thank you to you both! But before I dish out the awards, what do y'all think of the new header and profile? Halloween is our favorite holiday after Christmas, so Mom and I had a lot of fun taking those pictures.


     With awards there's always some number of bloggers you're suppose to pass them along to, but since I'm a rebel I'll be giving both of these awards to 5 bloggers at the end of this post. The first award is the Opposites Attract award:


     All you have to do is thank the blogger who gave it to you, post the award on your blog, and pass it along to at least one other blogger. Easy!

     The next one is the Sunshine Award, which both Life with Ragdolls and What Remains Now gave me, and it's rules are a little more detailed.


  1. Thank the blogger who gave it to you
  2. Share 11 random facts about yourself
  3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger made up for you
  4. Make up 11 questions for your nominees
  5. Pass it along to as many bloggers as you'd like.

     Because I'm awesome and generous, I'm letting Mom participate with me in these 11 random facts. I'm PINK and Mom is Purple.

Random facts about us you didn't know and can't live without knowing about us:
  • I was the smallest (and bitchiest) of the 8 puppies in my litter.

  • I'm the oldest of 6; I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. There's me, my sister 4 years after me, my sister and brother 7 years after, my sister 16 years after me and then my youngest brother 17 years after me. And I can tell right now you're wearing the look I get a lot with that information. ;)                                    Mom, that's technically two random facts, but I'll let it slide due to my aforementioned incredibleness. 

  • I'm not the oldest of us four Dachshunds, but the peeps got me first and I've been here the longest.

  • I find military men (especially Army) ridiculously attractive. Maybe it's the uniform or the level of fitness, but HOT DAMN! We live close to Tyndall Air Force Base and pass each time we go to the off leash beach. I'm not sure which of those views is better. *cue salacious grin*

  • I have no fear of typical doggy phobias like baths, the vacuum and the vet.

  • I could never survive in the Pacific North West. I need sunshine! If it's cloudy or rainy for more than two days I get sluggish and depressed.

  • To wake Mom up, I poke her ear with my cold, wet nose. She really loves that. She says colorful words and squeals.

  • I love to sleep, and I sleep like the dead. It takes an act of god to rouse me before 9am. If I'm awoken before then, there had better be a damn good reason, like the apocalypse happening... or a doughnut run.

  • I'm left "pawed". 

  • My mother says I'm a sugar addict. I disagree. I don't actively seek out sweets. I simply eat them all if there left within my grasp. At least I only eat the sweets my mother bakes, and nothing store bought. And I eat really, really well otherwise. And thankfully, yoga and a high metabolism allow me to indulge often and stay 120lbs.

  • I like to sleep either pressed against the back of Mom's knees or between them. This results in frequent bruises along the back of her legs from my lean self.

     And now for the questions! The first ones I'm answering, and they're from Life with Ragdolls.

1: Have you ever owned a Ragdoll cat?

Nope.

2: If you could have one wish (And it actually came true) what would it be?

Hm. More wishes? For real though, a very long, healthy and happy life for myself and my family, two and four legged, is all I really want.

3: If you ever won $1,000 dollars what would you do with it?

Get an agility course! 

4: What is your favorite state in north America?

Despite all it's issues, I love Florida for it's beaches. They simply can't be beat. 

5: Would you ever be interested in breeding any animals?

Probably not, but I'm a huge supporter of responsible breeders.


6: What's your favorite movie?

Easy A!

7: Where are you from?

I was born in Georgia, but have lived here in Florida since I was 8 weeks old.

8: What's your favorite color?

Sky blue, bright blue, teals, aquas and royal purple.


9: What's your favorite animal?

Myself. Duh. 

10: How long have you been blogging for?

3 years this March! Can't believe it's been that long already. 


11: Do you like cats more or dogs?

Dogs, because I am one.
Dogs rule!


     DM: And I'm answering the ones from What Remains Now:


1. If you could have dinner with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
My great grandfather (on my mom's side). My mom speaks very highly of him, and I wish I'd had a chance to know him.

2. You just won the dream vacation of your choice, anywhere in the world…where are you going and why?
To start with I'm going to Italy. I love to eat, and I love Italian food. The language is beautiful, the history is incredible, the architecture is stunning. It's a photographer's dream. 
Then I'm going to Ireland. I'm Irish (although the only thing I have that shows it is white skin), so it'd be fun to see that. And it is such a beautiful place.
Then I'm going to the Bahamas. White sand, crystal clear waters, warmth. While I'm there, I'll decide where to go next. Nola is of course with me on these adventures. 


3. What’s your favorite thing to eat?

That's a hard one, since I love so many different kinds of food and it depends on my mood. I'd have to say Italian bread soup, gumbo, yogurt parfaits, wedge salad, caesar salad, tuna salad, blueberry muffins, coco bread, burritos, chicken enchiladas, salsa, egg drop soup, chicken and dumplings, homemade applesauce, tangerines, watermelon, crisp and sour green apples, beef stew, tortilla soup, fresh mozzarella, homemade caramel icing, bagels with cream cheese, blueberries, strawberries, Muller Lemon Fruit Up yogurt (which I can't find anywhere!), lemon meringue pie, BLTs, vegetable soup, homemade bread, cinnamon rolls,....cheese cake...holy shit, WHITE CASTLE! My god, I love that place.

Annnnd now I'm hungry. Damn.

4. What’s your favorite old-time television show?
Don't watch any.

5. What’s your favorite current television show?
I don't watch much TV at all, but I like NCIS, Criminal Minds, What Not to Wear, Say Yes to The Dress Atlanta and House Hunters.


6. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
2 years and 7 months. I started because I wanted a record of Nola's progress. I never thought it'd come this far!

7. Who is your doppelganger?
My youngest sister. The resemblance is a little freaky, honestly.


8. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Both. It depends on the circumstance. Even the online test I just took told me I walk the line between the two. ;P

9. What’s your favorite meal of the day? Breakfast, lunch or dinner?
Dinner. My family almost always sits down at the table for dinner, but it's not a formal event in the slightest! It's loud, chaotic, loud, and messy. But I love it.
My least favorite is breakfast. I hate mornings and anything that goes along with them. The days should start at 10am, and not a minute before.

10. Coffee, tea or neither?
Neither! Coffee makes me gag and tea is just nasty.

11. What is your favorite lip balm?
I like Burt's Bees original chap stick (or whatever it's called. The minty one).

     My questions for my nominees are:
  1. Do you enjoy exercise and working out?
  2. Favorite time of day (or night)?
  3. What is your dream dog breed, even if you're not a good fit for them?
  4. What is one of your favorite songs and/or favorite band/artist?
  5. Favorite book or book series?
  6. Early bird or night owl?
  7. How tall are you?
  8. "Damn" or "drat" (Curse like a sailor or prim and proper)?
  9. What's your style?
  10. Ocean or mountains?
  11. What is your favorite smell?
     I nominate the following bloggers for both awards:


     Thanks again, Life with Ragdolls!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

14 comments:

  1. I am shaking my head because I can't believe how fast you got this done. Loved reading yours and Nola's answers. You always learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Nola. Those are some cool awards
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool awards, love your answers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congrats on the two nice awards! I liked reading more about you and my Mom agrees with your Mom about that sunshine. Ahhhhh, warm sun.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS on your Awards.
    I (Frankie Furter) REFUSE to get up before 10 AM. NO ONE SHOULD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a lot of answers - now we know everything but your shoe size! Or paw size.
    I can't believe anybody wouldn't like tea :)
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed hearing about you both....the smallest and bitchiest...BOL!

    There's 17 years between the oldest and youngest in HER family, too.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, we love the header. Hope there's a sweet treat in there for you, Nola.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the awards - we enjoyed your answers! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  10. We always love learning more about our friends...thanks for sharing...and congratulations on these neat awards. Great header, Nola!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much! I agree with Siku Marie that these awards are always so fun because we get to know our blogville friends better. It's funny that you would get an agility course if you won $1,000- I was thinking the exact same thing when I went to play Bingo with my step-mother on Tuesday!!! I didn't win. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the awards! Way to go. BTW, I built my agility course from PVC pipe and a few specialty pieces from a do-it-yourself agility place for much much less than $1000! I hope you can get a course someday. It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, thank you so much for the awards! Sorry it has taken us a few days to get over here....been a crazy week. This is my very first award!!!!! I can't wait to share it. Thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!