Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tractor Supply Trip

     Hey, everybody! A new Tractor Supply Co. opened in our town a couple weeks ago, and on Sunday the peeps took ME (just ME; the Minions 3 aren't as well behaved as I am) there to look around. Fun Fact: All Tractor Supplies are pet friendly!
We prefer to support smaller businesses, and buy our chicken food and bedding from smaller feed stores. However, TSC had a much better deal on oyster shells (chickens need calcium in their diets to promote strong eggshells), so we decided to make a little socialization and training experience out of it. And it'd been piss pouring rain half the week, so we had nothing else to do!

     I was wonderfully behaved, of course. DM: Nola's finally done with the many (many, many) fear periods Dachshunds go through. She's turning into a very well behaved and confident dog! This TSC had a really weird air conditioning system; when it turned on the air rushed along a flexible tunnel on the ceiling, making a very loud "whoosh" and banging sound (polythene ducting). Nola looked up and startled a bit, but didn't bark and recovered very quickly. 
Of course, training and socializing plays a huge roll, but part of it is her natural adult temperament. I love it.

     Mom says I'm a treat snob. There was a big dog biscuit in the middle of the treat aisle, and Mom didn't even have to tell me to leave it. I sniffed it, turned up my nose, and sauntered away, BOL! All my treats are natural/organic/limited ingredient/high quality/grain free, and I guess I've been spoiled. :p
My harness is a Ruffwear Webmaster, for anyone who's wondering.

Let's go down this row!

Do we need chicken food?

No? Okay!

Yes?

Down/stay

Hearing the freaky AC

Momma LOVES alpacas 

It was raining, and I did not want to pose!


Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

14 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun adventure and well done for keeping your cool.
    Dina

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have Tractor Supply around here but have never been to one. Looks like fun.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a feeling you may be hired part-time
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. We shop quite a bit at Tractor Supply when we're in Florida. We love that they carry our food there. It's much closer to shop there bcuz the big box stores are over 25 minutes away. (But then again, we live 8 miles into an orange grove, so it takes time to get anyplace!)

    We're glad to hear you were such a good girl while there. There was never any doubt in our minds!!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tractor Supply is so much fun, I love to go shopping there too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Nola, You look really good on that tractor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great trip. To bad you didn't go on Saturday. They had a nationwide adoption day and were giving away lots of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, Daisy, usually get to go places because I'm the best behaved. That treat would have been history around us.

    SHE loves alpacas, too. Many sheep properties around us have an alpaca to protect the sheep. They're incredible animals.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Nola!
    Wow, my peeps love TSC! Mamaw told them about it and my peeps find cool things there fur sure. Your harness is really pawesome and I don't blame you for ignoring that treat. Who knows where it might have come from! Anyway, I hope you got to go for a ride on that tractor! BOL
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love TSC! I need to take Neeko or Faolan in ours, I never have. My crew has been known to be treat snobs from time to time, mostly Faolan, and Neeko on occasion. If it is remotely edible, Bruce will eat it.

    I wasn't aware Dachshunds had several fear periods. I will share this information with my friend who has struggles on occasion with her two Dachshunds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowsa! That looks like all kinds of funs Nola!! I don't like eatin' strange treaties either! I totally get it.
    You do not look happy on that tractor!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so much smaller when you are on those food bags and stuff. I always think you are bigger than that! Looks like a fun place to sniff around!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! looks like a fun trip! I LOVE YOUR HARNESS!

    -ramsay-




    we are always on the lookout for a good (re: comfortable) harness for dogbert. alot of the ones out there have that nylon strap that goes behind his front legs and chafes the bejeezus out of him. your harness doesn't seem to be that way. we'll have to look into one of those for ramsay's Christmas gift this year. SSSHHHH! don't tell him!

    -doscdox-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!