Friday, August 30, 2013

Still no Internet

LHey y'all! Dachshund Mommy here today. We still have no Internet!

Thank you all for the wonderful advice on possibly doing therapy work with Nola! I've been emailing back and forth with on of the nursing homes in our city, and I'm going to call them tomorrow to try and work out a time to take Nola to visit. An aptitude test, if you will. If it works out, this will be Nola's first experience with something like this, so I'm interested in gauging her response to the challenge. 

EDIT: Nola goes in next week to see the residents! 

Therapy work is something I really want to do with Miss Nola. I think it would be such a rewarding experience for the both of us. 

Now to totally get ahead of myself, there seems to be two major therapy dog organizations, TDI (Therapy Dogs International) and Delta/Pet Partners. I've read conflicting info on the two. Which do you prefer, and why? From what I've seen, Delta requires retesting every 2 years and can be a more difficult test. Delta is also what our local therapy dog group is under. With TDI, your dog gets their therapy dog status as a title, much like the CGC. Admittedly. I really like that about them. 
So, your thoughts please!

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy

15 comments:

  1. Hey Nola!
    Wow, I think you'd be wonderful either way! I've never done therapy work, so I'm not a good judge on the groups. However, I gotta say you look adorable in your dress today!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Bachelor

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think Nola would sure put a smile on some faces
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no...no Internets?? I think I would shrivel up and die...or saw screw it and go hiking :) I hope it comes back for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Therapy work would be very exciting Nola! While not certified, I've gone to nursing homes since I was a baby. I have such a calm demeanor like you. The residents love seeing me and I love going to spread my love around. Never had a problem!

    Will be excited to hear how you do!!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting news! I think you will both enjoy the experience, it will be very rewarding.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My (Frankie Furter) training is with TDI and don't know anythingy about the other group. HOWEVER, the TDI training is NOT necessary for Nursing Home visits... they DO like fur us to have CGC though... Butt if you have TDI training you get CGC automatically... along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be fun for Nola I'm sure:-) I wonder if I could do something like that with Nico,lol but I'm not sure probably wouldn't have the time:-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. She would be great with therapy! And no internet? Yikes! We'd be lost! BOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish Phod didn't get so sick in the car because he would love to be a therapy dog. We wish Nola luck in her search for this and hope your internet is back soon! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know about the differences between the two groups but I'm thrilled that you and Nola are moving forward with this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear...sorry abouts your intermutts. I hopes you get them back soon!!!
    I thinks Nola would be PAWSOME as a therapy doggie!!!
    I hopes you find the right placement. I wish I could be of help, butts....
    Good luck, and I'll keep my paws crossed for you!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your internets get fixed. I just know that Nola would make people happy to see her. I think it is wonderful that you are doing that.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're pulling for Nola and hope your Internet is restored soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fingers crossed that it goes great!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you won't need it but good luck next week visiting the residents! Hope you get the internet back soon. I'd be lost!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!