Monday, August 26, 2013

Nola the Bunny

     Hey, y'all! Yesterday I went to see my Grandpa (Mom's bio dad), and I got to go for a little adventure. Grandpa lives in the country and has 20ish acres, most of which is woods and a giant field. This time of year, the field is full of peanuts! I got to run though it, dig some up and snacked on them.
The plants are almost knee high on Mom, and that means they're way over my head. I didn't let that slow me down! When plants are too tall for me, I bunny hop to see over them. This is me at the peanut field:

     It'd be a nice place to let me off leash, but there's a German Shepherd dog that belongs to Grandpa's neighbors that isn't contained, and Mom didn't want me off leash were she couldn't grab me fast if need be.

      Here are a few iPhone pictures; Mom left the Nikon in the car since she had to pick me (very muddy) up to lift me over a barbed wire fence and couldn't juggle the camera too.

The white thing on my harness is a Bounce dryer sheet. Rub it on you and tie it to you or shove it in a pocket, and it helps keep mosquitos away.



I have no clue why the phone took the picture like this. Bizarre. 



Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

17 comments:

  1. You make such a cute Bunny Nola. We love the way you hopped through that tall field.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day. I hop through long grass and stuff like that too. Us little dogs can make do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do a great bunny hop Nola. Yesterday I found bunny poops in our yard. They tasted great!

    Walter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nola mom is cracking up. Bunny Nola for sure! BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOLA.... if you stuck your ears UP you would REALLY look like a Bunny.

    I hope PUDDLES takes note of your BOUNCE Dryer Sheet suggestion.. I told her about that last week and I don't think she even belived me... butt it REALLY does WORK.. Hunters and Fisherguyz Love this trick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehehe...okays, those were some great fotos of you pretendin' to be a bunny!
    I am really gonna try da Bounce thingy now cuz da skeeters here are beyond terrible dis year from all da rain.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, you can see how muddy it is by her nose!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly looked happy bunny hopping over the peanut plants!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're such a cutie! Sorry I haven't been by to visit much. Hope you're doing well! :)

    Woofs & huggies, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nola, you not only hop like a rabbit but you are very fast too.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look like you are jumping over hurtles.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had fun as a bunny! Peanut plants? I've never seen them before now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nola....
    I never knew that about Bounce sheets!! Wow!! You just educated me!! ;op
    --Raelyn and Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a very cute little bunny!


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not sure if Blogger ate our comment??? Just wanted to pop over and say hello! Looks like you had an awesome adventure with your Grandpa!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!