Thursday, August 8, 2013

Can I See Some ID? Reviews of Our Tags

     Hi, all! Today's reviews are of our ID tags. Auggie  lost his old tag, so he was in need of  a new one. I didn't need a new one, but got three of them. That's they way it works here. :p


     First up is one of mine from Blanket ID. Blanket ID makes tags that aren't your typical name and number tag. Each tag comes with a unique online record for your pet, and has the URL to that record on the tag. If you're ever lost and a stranger finds you, all they need to do is enter the info on your tag into their phone or computer and it brings up your details and how to get in touch with your peep. You can put a ton of info on your record, too! From a description and photo to vet and microchip info to a list of allergies and care instructions. Mom put the following info on my page:

  • My photo
  • Her name and number, plus 3 additional contacts (Sweetie, Sugar and her bio dad/my grandpa) and their names and numbers.
  • My breed, age, color, size and gender.
  • My food allergies 
  • Medical info (spayed, which vaccines I've had, ect)
  • Care instructions
  • "Helpful notes", which is a section you can fill out that will appear on your lost pet poster. Mine basically says if I'm away from Mom I'm scared, to please, please, please help me get back to here and that their is a reward for my return.
  • My vet's name and number
     As you can see, there's lots of info you can store there. You can update it as you wish, too!
You do have to pay each year for this tag. The cost of the tag is $24.99, and that covers your first year. After that, there's several different year plans you can choose. See this to check it out.

     They have so many cute designs, I had trouble picking one!






PROS:
Cute
Lots of choices
Durable
2 sizes
Lots of info space
Lots included in membership
Several of their tags benefit rescues

CONS:
I wish it was a lifetime membership instead of yearly

     Overall, I give 4/5 stars.



     Next is for Pet ID for Me, a company that makes really cute ID tags made to look like drivers licenses. They have all states and several countries, and you put the following info on your tag:

  • Photo
  • Age
  • Breed
  • Weight
  • Sex
  • Hair/fur color
  • Eye color
  • Phone number
  • Date of birth
  • Address
  • "Class" (canine or feline)
  • And you put your name on it and "sign" it




PROS:
Cute
Funny
Lots of choices
Lots of info
2 tag sizes
Good customer service

CONS:
Not at all durable. My tag got bent and cracked within 2 days of use, and then it fell off

Pricey for the low quality

    2/5 stars.

     Now we have The Landlocked Dog, an Esty shop that makes beautiful ID tags, jewelry, and more. They have so many beautiful designs I had trouble picking, but I wound up going with this precious copper elephant (Mom and Sweetie both love elephants). It was a serious toss up between the elephant and this adorable sea turtle here






PROS:
Beautiful
Durable
Good prices
Lots of choices
Good customer service
Fast shipping

CONS:
Sizes aren't listed with the tags

     4/5 stars.


     This next review features my Minion/brother, Augustine, and is for Island Top Custom Pet Tags. They offer a huge selection of designs, including breed specific tags, therapy dog tags, and service dog tags. They're also on Etsy here. These are just a few of my favorites:





     I picked this Home Security tag for Auggie, since I have appointed him to guard my house mansion and be my body guard.
I love this! All for me one for each of us


His name and our # is on the back


DM: You have no idea how many pictures it took to get this. None at all.


PROS:
Cute
Lots of choices
Durable (but use a different split ring!)
Unique
Good customer service

CONS:
A bit pricey

     4/5 stars.




Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

19 comments:

  1. Love the home security tag. I always appreciate your clear reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do like the first tag and the pricey tag. Great reviews
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some really nice tags there, love the copper and silver ones.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Pet ID looked a lot more like a normal ID. But since you said it was pricey, I guess I'd go back to my Pet Hub tags. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always thought blanket ID tags were so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what they need to invent....a smart phone app that can read microchips :-) Obviously there would be a lot to work out, but it would be really cool! Hmmmm, maybe I'd better patent that idea.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are all really nice Nola! Don't you also have a Smart Tag? We really like those.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  8. That must be your secret to having all those collars - you buy extra tags like these cools ones and then that way you don't have to constantly switch around the almost impossible to move tag rings! I almost bought Blueberry a second collar (stop laughing - I know you have 500) but the thought of removing the tags from one to the other almost made me fall to the floor and rock myself so I just bought her a toy instead. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like some of these quite a bit Nola...i was thinking about one of the licenses for Gizmo till I read the "con"...that's what I love about your reviews...you tell the truth warts and all so I know i can trust you...I would love to know where you got that great lanyard that the license is hanging on...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the idea of the Blanket ID. I wonder if you can pay yearly and keep extending the membership, or if you have to buy as long as you think you'll want it for right away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha It's your choice whether you buy a year, 2, 3 10 years and the more years you get the more discount you receive and with each year a portion is donated to the charity of your choice! Hope this helps? Thanks Cate

      Delete
  11. PS Nola I went back through your possts and found that Blue Paradise Kangaroo Braided Collar...TY

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOu sure did do your homework!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool....I likes tags..I thinks I need some new ones!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have seen blanket id tags before and like the best but we are not ready to pay a yearly fee for the tag. I guess if we were always trying to escape and run away, but we aren't and we both have two chips, a license, and an id tag, so for now we are not ready to invest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma for your interest, just wanted to let you know that it can be as little as $7 a year and a portion goes to the charity of your choice. blanket is all about getting your lost/stolen pet found with our alerts and not just telling you where it has been found - hope this helps, but we're happy to answer any questions :)

      Delete
  15. Thanks so much for the review! I think the Kiss tag looks perfect on Nola - have a great weekend! xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!