Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Say What, Sweetie?

Hello, hello! You know what time it is, right? It's time for another fabulous installment of "Say What, Sweetie?!" You missed me, didn't you? :)



Today I will tell you a bit about how The Diva came into our lives. Settle in!

First, and most important, Nola was supposed to be MY dog...until Dachshund Mommy (DM) stole her. Yep. Stole her. Lol...kidding...kind of!

We were at a dog-less point in our lives- that hasn't happened very often. We did have the kitties, but as lovely as they are, they're not dogs. We were also at a rough point in our lives, and I felt that the house needed a dog. I began thinking about the right dog for our life. We support adoptions (our kitties are shelter babies), however, with some smaller people in the house, I was/am hesitant about adopting a grown dog, not knowing how they have been raised/treated. Our shelter had no puppies at the time, so I began to look for THE puppy. Having never had a dog smaller than a lab, I wasn't sure about a little dog. I've never been a little dog person! But, a friend had a doxie, and her personality was all big dog. I decided a dachshund would be good for us.

I picked Nola from a large litter; I think there were eight in her family! She was the brat of the bunch! Running crazy circles all around the living room, but coming to collapse on my lap when she got tired. She was so tiny and cute. :) Dachshund Nola: And I still am!

When I got home, I hid her in my purse and just walked through the living room. At some point, DM spotted Nola's head poking out and she squealed...and....stole her from my purse. Lol....Nola picked DM from the house members and the rest is Doxie history!




Next time, I will shamelessly promote my blogs :)

Warmest Wishes,
Sweetie!

ps- THANKS BLOGVILLE FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!!! :)

18 comments:

  1. Sweetie, We always love to hear from you and get the "real story." I'd say this worked out pretty well because DM and Nola are a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad you let DM "steal" Nola. They work well together. Thanks for sharing those too cute pictures of baby Nola too. We can never get too much of that.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I loved hearing about how Nola came to join the family, and of course I always love seeing puppy pictures.
    DM knew what she was doing when she snatched Nola from your purse! ;)

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol I'd love to see Nola in a pocket book purse.

    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI SWEETIE.... it is GRRRRREAT to hear from you!! You Picked a GOOD one fur SURE.. We love Nola.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa... eight pups in her litter?! Or did I read wrong? That is huge for a small dog litter! You certainly chose a good pup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww. Baby NOLA is so cute. Isn't that the way, the animal choosing their person? We got my son a cat and it chose my daughter instead. She's not happy about the arrangement, but what can you do?
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great story. Happy belated birthday - we are starting the task of catching up and cleaning up after 95 hours with no power. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can just picture it. Our friend is a doxie and we remember when she was just a baby. Such beautiful little babies. Especially Nola.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful story...Baby Nola was so adorable no wonder DM couldn't resist

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute little one! Imagine fitting in a purse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Baby Nola, Love your new header photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that is one FABulous story!!!
    And I loves the Nola baby pics!! BOL
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nola, you were about the cutest baby ever!!

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its nice to hear your story and seeing your puppy pictures! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!