Thursday, July 18, 2013

Review Day

    Hi, everyone! Thank you for all of Sweetie's birthday wishes! Today I've got 3 reviews for y'all.
First up is Viva La Dog Spa, makers of high end grooming products such as shampoos, conditioners, facial wipes, spritzer and oil. It's available from their shop, and is also sold at Petco.
I was sent their Rescue Me! Deep Conditioner to try out. According to the site, it's especially formulated for breeds such as Poodles, Coton de Tulears, Shih Tzus, Maltese, Bedlington Terriers and breeds with similar coats, but you can use it on any breed, and even peeps can use it!

     It has a very pleasant smell, and goes in easily into fur. The bottle says to leave it in for 5-7 minutes, but Mom only left it on me for about 3 because she had three other weenies to wash! The conditioner leaves a light scent that isn't overpowering, and the softness from it last about 2 days. I'm not sure if it would last longer on a longhaired dog.

I'm a wee bit chunky here



     Overall, I liked the conditioner and give it 4 stars!



     Up next is a super cool subscription box from Pawalla.
Like I said, it's a monthly box that offers you a fun variety of new things for your dog each month. They offer two boxes, a Deluxe ($30 if you pay monthly, $28 a month for 6 months) and a Mini ($20 per month if monthly, $18 a month if you get 6 months). The Deluxe box will contain:

  • 7-9 full sized products
  • Wet food, treats, supplements or vitamins, essentials, and a toy
The Mini will have:
  • 4-5 full sized products
  • Treats, a toy and surprise item(s), no wet food

     One thing I thought was cool was that they offer 2 box options, one for dogs and one for cats. I haven't seen that before!
For dogs, they offer two size options: under 40lbs and over 40lbs. To order a box, you pick which box you want, enter you dog or cats name, age (0-12 months, 1-7 years, and 7+ years) and size (for dogs). Easy! If you get something you love, you can buy it again from Pawalla's store here, so you're not searching all over stores and online.

     I was sent a Deluxe box, for ages 1-7 years and under 40lbs (obviously). My box contained:
  • By Nature Entrees Duck, Green Bean, and Wild Rice Stew (wet food)
  • By Nature Salmon with Lentils in Yougurt and Lemon Grass Sauce (this is the same brand of food we feed our cats)
  • The Honest Kitchen Ice Pups
  • Flying Basset Organics Breath Spray
  • yumZies (treats)
  • Locomotion treats
  • Poop bags
  • Wigzi Pocket Bone (toy)

     As you can see, everything in there is good to high quality, which I really like. Mom's excited about the wet food; she's going to fill my Kongs with them and freeze em for when I'm crated. Yummy! I've had yumZie's treats before, and was excited to get them. The Locomotion treats are the size of a small human cookie, and are easy to break apart for a small dog like me. THK Ice Pups look fun, but Mom has to buy an ice tray before I can test them, BOL! The breath spray will be good to use on The Minions 3, heehee.
The only thing I was disappointed with was the toy. It was very flimsy, and it only took me a few minutes to rip large holes in it.



Yay! It's here!










This tells you what's in the box, and a bit about each thing

Bone was destroyed 



PROS:
Cool variety

Good quality products

Free shipping

Easy to navigate site

Seems on target with other subscription boxes

Cute box

CONS:
Only two sizing options, which I didn't like. If you have, say a 50lb Collie, or a 120lb Great Dane, they're stuck with the same over 40lb sized toys

Shipping took a while, but we might've just been impatient!

Toy was easily destroyed

     What I'd like to see different:

  • More size options
  • Durable toys, or something where you could pick what type of chewer your dog is (light, normal, heavy) and could get an appropriate toy
  • I wish either one of the treats or one of the cans of food was replaced with some kind of chewy or another toy
     Overall, I give Pawalla 4/5 stars!


     Lastly is a review for Ark Naturals, a company that makes natural and USA made supplements for dogs and cats. Just a few of the supplement types they offer include:
  • Joint
  • Flea and tick
  • Skin and coat
  • Probiotics
  • Dental
  • Calming
     I was sent their Happy Traveler Bite Sized Calming Chews (for dogs and cats) and their Joint Rescue Super Strength Chewable (for dogs and cats). Dachshund Mommy: Nola will be 3 in October (how is that possible?!), and has NO joint issues what so ever. However, I am a firm believer in an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so Nola has been on joint supplements since she was 8 months old. She also gets fish oil to help keep her body strong. The joint supplement did not upset her stomach at all, it has ingredients I'm comfortable giving her, and I would recommend them.







     The Happy Traveler comes in both a capsule form and the chewable form, and I've tried both. The chews are much easier to eat, and seem to work faster. Mom gives me them when she leaves, as I have some separation issues. She also gave them to all 4 of us on the 4th of July because we were a wreck! They took about 30 minutes to work, and while they didn't totally calm us down, they took the edge off. For serious issues, I'd recommend something stronger or a Thundershirt, but for things like vet visits and mild anxiety they work good.

     Overall, I give 4/5 stars.

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola


10 comments:

  1. Wow Nola, you have been busy with all these reviews. Nice job and they all look like great products!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow there were alot of things being dropped of at your house...cool review. could you check and see if mom's usb cable is in the box also?
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to thank you for the endeavours you have got developed in creating this write-up. I am hoping the identical very best run from you inside the possible also. Really your innovative writing skills has motivated me to commence my private Weblog Motor weblog now.

    New denture repairs Chicago
    denture repairs and relines chicago

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, that looks quite a boxfull o stuff!
    Enjoy.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I got good prezzies Nola...You get the best stuff in the mail ever....Nice reviews of all the products...Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reviews Nola. We ripped that bone to shreds
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that you did a marvelous job with these PAWduct Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Reviews Nola!! You gets the bestest stuffs!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the great review as always! That sure looks like a fun box of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get the Pawalla box - both the regular and the mini. Ok, actually, I get all 7 subscription dog goody boxes. I started getting them three months ago so I could write a comparison post. I decided to get them all for three months to see what I thought of each over time. I have been pretty happy with the Pawalla boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!