Monday, July 29, 2013

July Expenses

     Hi, all! I've seen this posted on a few other blogs, and I wanted to join in. Basically you share your dog costs (food, vet, gear, ect) each month, and you can compare it to what others are spending and it's also a good way to track what you spend.
Note, everything but food is strictly my expenses, not the Minions 3. I'm going to let my manager and accountant (i.e. MOM) take over for now.


     Hey y'all! Let's get to it. As you all know, Nola is an almost 3 year old 11lb Miniature Dachshund.

NOLA'S EXPENSES FOR JULY 2013:

  • Food: $35-ish for four dogs. Food is difficult to calculate, since I buy almost nothing specifically for the dogs. Remember, my crew is on a home cooked diet.

  • VET: $182. Heartworm check, anal glands expressed, 12 months of Heartgard+ and 6 months of Comfortis.

  • TREATS: $6

  • TOYS: $5

  • GEAR (harnesses, collars, ect): $0

  • Miscellaneous: $45. I bought Nola an airline approved carrier for when we travel.


TOTAL: $219

     This month was way, way more than I usually ever spend. With the carrier and vet bills, this month's costs were super high. My usual monthly costs are around $40, since I almost never pay for gear, toys, treats, ect (thank you, reviews!). Oh well, I don't care how much it was; she's worth every penny and more!
 

     Oh the life style of the (not) rich and (kinda) famous! How much did y'all spend?

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

16 comments:

  1. Your Mom is right, Nola. You are worth every penny she spends on you.

    I think my Mom will need a super calculator to figure out all our expenses since there are 10 of us in the pack. BOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUr expenses will be more in august also cos gussie goes to the vet to get clipped...baahahhaha
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so worth it!! BOL!! My mom got me an approved airline carrier this month too! She wants me to fly...

    We tried it out in IKEA and I made sure she knew it was not fur me!! I made the worse racket ever!!!

    ~Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not too bad - I don't even want to think about what our vet costs are per month with Bridget.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be afraid to see what that figure is! I buy pre-made raw which is ridiculously expensive and all sorts of fancy training treats. (I should really just stick with cooked chicken.Jimmy would be just as happy and I would save beaucoup bucks!) I rarely buy toys as my guys aren't big on stuffies and their fetch toys last a long time. I am not a collar/leash person, just using the same old, same old until it dies. And then of course there is my agility training class and private lessons (not to mention entry fees for agility trials!)...Oy! Then I bet averaged over a year my vet costs come to at least $100 a month....NOPE! Not gonna add it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear dawg...we just started keeping track when we switched to the raw diet which was like 3 months ago. We are trying to find the average, over several months, as well as figure out how much we need to buy! BOL I will surely let everyone know once "accounting" has it all figured out!

    By the way, I think Nola is worth this month's spending!
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. SHE read an article about costs of owning a pet and decided SHE is not a good pet owner. We do not get pupoccinos, clothes, grooming, day care... We only have a few expensive months...annual check up and needles, heartworm/worming and the occasional kenneling.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. We spent $51. We posted too, what a cute idea to really look at what mommies and daddies spend on their fur-babies!
    http://lilbabyvenus.blogspot.com/2013/07/july-pet-expenses.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. We spend about $150 a month just on food for the 2 dogs and 2 cats (the cats are on an expensive diet as Baggy has kidney issues). This month we also had $150 at the vet. $90 on treats . . . . .we have expensive dogs! Thanks for sharing! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel your pain on it being a more expensive than usual month, Nola/DM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This month? $30ish dollars for food for both dogs, and that's it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wows, I must be spoiled then....
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uh oh . . . my mommy's a little afraid to do this, and the thought of it frightens me just a bit, too! What if the monthly-cost-of-Miss-Harper-Lee calculation causes my lifestyle to change? Who am I kidding? There's not a chance of that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We never figure out expenses. They would be much higher anyway since we are much bigger dogs, seems like we need a vet visit for something almost every month and my sister is on expensive medication. No need to know because Mom says it doesn't matter, she would pay whatever is needed to keep us happy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dachshund Nola....
    "How much did y'all spend?". Good question!! Answer. I haven't a clue!! Does this make me a bad Mama for losing track? ;op
    --Raelyn and Rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think we want to know! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!