Thursday, June 27, 2013

Gettin' Fit and THANK DOG THEY'RE GONE

    Hi, all! THANK DOG OMD OMD OMD THE RELATIVES ARE GONE!!!! That's right, g-o-n-e. GONE, I tell you! We are so happy, so relieved, so...sigh. Buh-bye tension! Hello, having our normal family back.
OMD!



     Since the visitors fed me without permission (DM: you have no idea how much self control it took not to implode at said visitors), and it's bloody hot here, Mom and I are going to get fit again. Just more exercise, eating less processed food and more fruits (DM:which will be easy, as some of my favorite fruits, watermelon and blueberries, are in season. We have a boat load of blueberries we picked last week from a blueberry farm. Fresh frozen blueberries = heaven in a bowl) and veggies (DM: Not so easy; I hate vegetables). 




DM: Nola and I aren't overweight at all, given she's 9lbs and 9" high and I'm 121lbs and 5' 7 1/2". I'm just feeling kinda blah and out of shape, so I'm wanting to get us more fit and toned. I'd like swim and run everyday, along with some stretches, crunches, squats and pushups each day. I'd like to do yoga 3x a week as well. Maybe get a few light weights and do those 2-3x a week. We'll see! I'm really going to buckle down and stick with it, even though I know I'm going to want to quit in the first week. But after that I'll be loving it and I'll feel outta whack if I get off that schedule. Wish us luck!

Kisses and Tail Wags and Hugs,
Dachshund Nola and Dachshund Mommy

PS: last day to enter the giveaways for KONG treats and elk antlers! Go here and enter!

16 comments:

  1. Oh no Nola, don't bite your leg off!

    We're happy that your life can start returning to normal once again. We know just how stressful it all can be! Butt it's over now so take time for an extra snooze and relax for a little bit.

    Diet?? What the heck is that!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! Looks like Nola is already into the new regime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! No more visitors!

    I know exactly what you mean when you say you feel out of whack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh oh I think mom may have the same weight loss ideas for us! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Nola! So frustrated with the visitors that she wants to chew off her own paw!! Good luck with the fitness routein! Everyone should be as fit as Nola!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well we love fruit to at our house, we as in only me and my mom so that just leaves more for us...good luck on the running....
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE Nola!!
    Just came to visit.
    We are from Jolly Paw Prints.
    http://jollypawprints.blogspot.com.au/
    HI!!!!
    Nice to meet you.

    Cheers,
    JPP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck and have fun!
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. About company: Its nice to see them but....nice to see them go HOME!!! yaya!! Have fun gttin in shape again and run like the wind Nola!!

    wags
    Jazzi and Addi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Getting Fit is not as fun as THROWING a FIT... Just sayin.
    BOL BOL

    We guess it is better that "THEY" fed you too much rather than being mean to you. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. BOL you look happy they are gone too
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank Dog they're gone - best laugh I've had all day!
    We know you will back to optimum fitness soon Nola :)
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wows, I'll be joinin' you in spirit!
    (from my doggie beds and Cheetos crumbs....)
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go Nola Go!!! You have your nest back to yourselves.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flying Dachshund photos - love 'em! So happy for you that life can get back to normal. We love the fresh fruit in the summer, that makes eating healthy much easier...not so into the veggies either but fruit is better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nola looks super fit but I know what you mean about "the blahs"...Best luck with that first week...Get the habit started right and you'll have a good chance to keep it going

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!