Friday, June 7, 2013

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Spots-Light and Chloe's Heart Designs

     Hi, everyone! OMD, in less than 10 days "they" (the relatives) will be here. That wasn't an OMD of excitement, either!
Last day of Review Week. Thank dog, writing all those reviews is draining! I'm doing two reviews in one post, one for the Etsy shop Chloe's Heart Designs and one for Spots-Light.



CHOLE'S HEART DESIGNS REVIEW:
     This review features my sister/minion Phoenix, who's first birthday is at the end of this month! Time sure flies. Since I am such an incredible, generous, beautiful, loving and perfect sister, I'm going to let Phoenix write this part of the review. Take it away, Phee!

     Fanks, Nola! Hiya, Blogville, it's me, Phee-Phee! Iz furry excited to do dis weview, and post on my big Sissy's bwog for da furst times. I hopes everfurry one wikes me! 
Chloe's Heart Designs makes adorwable dwesses and dwess harnesses for wittle pups like me (Iz even smaller than my sissy, Noly! About the same high tho). Here iz some of ma favowite ones from da shop: 






     Iz picked dis dwess to reviews here. It's super cutes, wike me! I wiked it a lots. Iz gonna do a pros/cons just wike my sissy does!







Sissy and me! I wuvs my sissy SOOOO much!!



PHEE PHEE'S PROS/CONS WIST:

  • PRO: Cutes! Lots of choices. Cute wrapping. Perfect for wittle dogs wike me. 
  • CONS: Just velcro stwaps, no buckles. Only stuffs for small puppers like me or smaller (too small for Sissy, the second smallest Doxie, because of her "busty-ness". Whatever dat means!)
  Bye bye, Blogville! Fanks Noly for wetting me posts!

     Oye, looks like someone needs some English lessons! Here's my Spots-Light review.


SPOTS-LIGHTS REVIEW:

    Here's a bit about the company:

Started by Steve Barook, he and his family are dog lovers with a wonderful Golden Retriever named Honey. Prior to having Honey as part of the family, the Barook's had both Irish Setters and Shetland Sheepdogs as members of the family.  The Barook's believe that animals dramatically improve their lives and have been wonderful additions to the family over the years.
Honey, the family's pride and joy, is four years old and is very active. She gets walked three times a day and loves to run in the woods. Spots-Light came out of a very real incident that drove Steve to find a solution that would make both Honey and himself safer when out walking.

This is his story…
It was winter and very dark outside in the morning and evening during Honey’s walk times. The neighborhood did not have sidewalks in all places, so we would often walk on the road. One morning we were out for our regular walk after breakfast and it was cold and dark. We headed up the street and Honey was focused on sniffing all the same old spots along the way. From behind I saw the reflection of car lights coming up the street. This person was moving at a fair speed as it was early and they were not expecting to see anyone walking. I just happened to look back and saw the car heading right for us. I quickly jumped onto a snow bank pulling Honey along as fast as I could. We were narrowly missed. The driver realized and stopped. He was very sorry and apologized profusely saying he didn’t see us between the snow and the darkness.
A few weeks later while out on our morning walk (on a sidewalk this time), a neighbor proceeded to back out of his garage and nearly hit us walking in front of his house. Usually I am aware of people backing up and take the necessary precautions, but he caught me totally off guard. He didn’t even slow down and continued on his way to work. I recounted the incident to my wife when I arrived home and she said what else could you have done? I said “He just didn’t see us!” That evening I went out again at around 11pm for our nightly walk before bed. It was very cold and I was bundled up. Would you believe the same guy who nearly hit us in the morning backed out of the driveway again without seeing us? I couldn’t believe it!
It was at that moment I said to myself there has to be a better solution to make us more visible. So I decided to find a leash and collar that would offer us a solution to make us much safer when walking in the dark.
        

     I was sent a small 6ft leash in pink, and collars in both medium and small. The medium (11-16") fit better than the small (7.5-11") on my 11" neck. 
I loved how they offered lots of colors; most LED stuff you is pretty much all red. Spots-Light offers blue, red, pink, navy, black (those two don't make much sense to me though) and purple. 
Extremely difficult to take nighttime pictures when Mom's camera's only working in one setting.


Small

A nice thing is that the button for the leash is right by the handle

Medium

Medium



Purty little thang



It can be off, continuous light, or flashing.

Too cute!






PROS:
Lots of sizes
Harnesses are offered
Quick shipping
Good customer servie
Easy to navigate site
Lots of colors
Decent prices
Leash button right by the handle

CONS:
The collars were slightly difficult to adjust
The leash handle isn't lit

     Overall, I give Spots-Light 4/5 stars and 1 1/2 paws up. Head on over, and tell em Nola sent ya!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola (and Phee!!)



18 comments:

  1. Great job Phee Phee- the dress looks perfec t on you!

    Love the idea of the led lit harnes and collar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMD! I have a light up collar too but that light up leash is pawesome! Great reviews!!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phee Phee.... you did a marvelous job with your review... and OH girrrrrrrl do you EVER look DARLING in that Dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, I love love the little dress! That would look cute on me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness my Lily would love those dresses
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that dress is one of the cutest dresses I have seen you review! I love it!! We did a review on Spots-Light almost 4 years ago and guess what - the lights and battery still work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phee looks ADORABLE in her dress. :) So cute and girly!! We love the packaging, too.. Very thoughtful!

    The light up collar is great, too. Where we live in the country it would be nice to have them lit up so we could find them easily.

    Thank you for the Gotcha wishes for Newby!! :D

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a pretty dress, you look beautiful Nola.
    Ha, love the collar and lead that lights up - bet that will be a conversation piece for the neighbours!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Phee. You're so cute in that little dress!
    That LED lit collar is a very good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable are those dresses?! Nola looks so cute.

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress on Phee is beautiful! It was great to see her again.

    We love the light up collar. They'll see you coming from a mile away.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phee- you are too adorable! I love the dress and the lighted collar and leash are really handy.

    Dina Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two super fabulous products and reviews. Phee-Phee...you are ADORABLE. Nola...you are such a good big sis. The dress is so cute and the packaging is extra special. What a wonderful gift. The spotlight product is good-looking and could be a real lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Phee, you did a great job! Your little dress is SO cute! I love the second one too, out of the three posted above. If only Petal would fit in it. ;)

    That light up leash and collar are neat, Nola! That'll make walking in the dark much safer.

    Great reviews!

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Phee, you did a FABulous job!!! Very nice ~ and your look adorables in em'! Can't wait to see your next review!
    That light up collar and leash are cool! That would be great for winter when it's darker in the mornin' and nights.
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not much for the clothing but I love the lit up collar and leash!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Phee, you did a great job and you look adorable in those dresse.s.

    We hope you all have a good weekend and that the rains have left your area.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Spots-lights stuff looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!