Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Snoozer Pet Products Deluxe Pet Tote Bag

   



     Hi, everyone! Day Two of Review Week. To answer a couple questions from yesterday's review of the Hug-a-Dog harness, yes, it would work for cats! And yes, it works just fine with pullers (which I am not, but my brother/minion is).


     Today's review is for Snoozer Pet Products, makers of everything from beds, bowls, travel products, treats and more! These are a few of my favorite things from their site:
Outdoor Bed
Large Lookout Cars Seat

Car harness



     I picked their Deluxe Pet Tote Bag in Black to review. Before I get into it though, I want to say a few things/give a disclaimer of sorts. 
  1. I am not a "purse dog". 99% of the time, I walk by myself, politely on leash, next to Mom. I picked a carrier to review so that when Mom and I travel in the next two years (the North East, then Italy), I can easily be carried in large crowds, instead of being stepped on.
  2. Even though I ride in a bag on occasion, I am not Mom's fashion accessory. I am a dog. A dog who gets exercise, play, high quality food and treats, toys and plenty of training. More so than most large dogs.
  3. Rude comments about "purse dogs" will be deleted.
     Sorry about that, Blogville! I know none of you would say or assume any of the above, but for anyone who isn't familiar with my I needed to put that up.
Okay, on to the review!

     Here's what Snoozer has to say about their products:

The Snoozer Dog Deluxe pet tote and dog carrier allows you to carry your pet around town in style. The spacious tote interior gives your pet a comfortable place to relax while out with their owner. Perfect for taking your pet shopping, this stylish tote comes in three different colors so you can find the perfect color for you and your pet. 



     Like I said, I picked the black quilted with read trim to review. It also comes in brown quilted, and pink plaid. It holds dogs (or cats!) up to 12lbs, it has a removable pad, harnesses clip, padded chin rest and folds up fairly flat when not in use. It also has a strap you can slip over a suitcase handle, which is really nice!
Now, I'm only about 9lbs, but I am a Dachshund, so this carrier was almost too short for me. It would have been really nice if the carrier was maybe 2-3" longer.








Very deep pockets!

This is a special little compartment to hold poop bags.

You open it...
Put bags in it...


 And there you go!


This strap can slip over suitcase handles


Dachshund Mommy: Nola can sit and lay down in this, but I can't zip her in too well, which is why I wish it was a bit longer.

Where're we going?


Padded chin rest

Cozy!



PROS:
3 different color options
Harness clip
Removable pad
Two zippered pockets
A sport to discreetly carrier poop bags
Large pocket with a magnet to hold it closed
Two openings
Padded chin rest
Comfortable straps
Fair price for the quality 
Fast shipping


CONS:
A tad bit short
The box said the flaps will stay put with the help of the magnet, but it either doesn't work or Mom can't figure it out
I wish the harness clip was at the opposite opening to the one it's by


     Overall, I give Snoozer Pet Products Tote Bag 4/5 stars and 1 1/2 paws up! Head on over, and tell em Nola sent you!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

20 comments:

  1. That's sooooo cute Nola!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that had been beige you would have looked like a hot dog, BOL!
    It's a nice bag.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are gonna look so wonderful traveling all around Italy in that...does it have room for an extra pug inside and her mom.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nola...you look adorable in there (but you look a little bit worried too). :)

    Yes, it would be nice if they made one a little bit bigger. Or make a special one that looks like a hot dog. Now that would probably be a huge seller!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love their products! WHn bought the Large Lookout car seat for us and we love it! Tasha and Chip are supposed to share it but in reality Tasha uses it by herself, playing with her toys and rolling around on her back!

    The carry bag would probably be better if it would hold up to 20 to 30 lbs- think of all the little things and souvenirs you will pick up while travelling! The ability of the bag to hold more weight will be crucial, especially in Italy- what about your wallet and camera, cell phone, etc? three pounds just doesn't seem enough, with Nola weighing 9. The extra length is important too- added comfort for the occupant

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look great and it sounds like it will be very practical for you! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giz is a little heavy for me to carry in a tote, but that looks like a great bag

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! My low-riders are waaayyyy too long, and more to the point, waaaayyy too heavy for a carrying case, but it looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That does look a tad too short for you, Nola. But you look great in it! It looks very sturdy too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, that "Where're we going?" picture is to die for. You are. So. Cute.
    That is a very nice bag! It looks very sturdy too. Love the poop bag pocket and the suitcase strap, very convenient! Too bad it's not a little bit longer.
    Great review!

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehehehehe...guess what? I is long too.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking bag and nice review
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good idea to have the bag for emergency 'walks'. Looks like there's lots of pockets for treats.....very important.

    XXXOOO Daisy, bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so darn cute in that bag. I'm looking to get a dog bag for Audi, since he can't walk too well anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the bag looks great and you look great in it, I also like the treat pockets, so important to bring snacks!

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that bag, but being the smallest dog in our home at almost 40 lbs, it is not practical, but we love the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  17. NOLA! You look so fabulous in this bag. You should be in their advertisements. Very cool product. I'm going to tell my niece, who has a Yorkie, about this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, Ma thinks they should make a bag big enough for MOI!! BOL
    Okay, SHE didn't say that...I did!! hehehehe
    I can just see it...hehehe
    okays, enough abouts that, I think that bag is FABulous, and I thinks you look great in it!
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!