Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dachshund Nola Reviews: EzyDog Chest Plate Harness and Soft Trainer Leash

   



     Hi, all! Day 4 of Review Week. Today's review is for EzyDog, specifically their Chest Plate harness (black, size XSmall, ) and their Soft Trainer leash (pink camo, size Lite). Here's a bit about the company:

EzyDog makes a line of products encompassing the rugged outdoor lifestyle dogs love along with the comfort and style pet owners prefer. EzyDog is the manufacturer of the Original Shock Absorbing Leash that combines the latest in sports technology with the durability dog owners demand. Their unique and highly functional leash systems are designed for comfort, control and safety, paying special attention to dogs that pull or are in training. All EzyDog Products are designed to help both owners and pets get more out of the great outdoors.







     EzyDog offers a wide variety of dog products, including backpacks, bowls, coats, collars, harnesses, leashes, lifejackets and more. These are a few of my favorite things they offer:
Neo Collars
Element Jacket
Adjustable Car Restraint (Mom will probably wind up getting this)
Vario 4 Leash



     Like I said, I got the Chest Plate harness in a size X-Small (the Small fit too, the X-Small just fits better), in the color black. I originally tested the Quick FIt harness, but the style wasn't a good fit for my Doxie shape. Which is a total bummer, because that's an awesome harness that I would recommend to non-Doxie pups!
Here's what EzyDog had to say about their harness:


The Best Dog Harness

Simplicity, ease, comfort, and safety. The adjustable, sturdy, and ergonomic Chest Plate Harness by EzyDog is the best dog control harness out there. Distributing the load across the chest (rather than across the throat) makes it easier to control and train a tugging dog, and is more comfortable and sturdier than a typical collar!

Where Function Meets Fashion: the EzyDog Chest Plate Harness

The Chest Plate harness is more than just a harness for dogs that pull on their leashes. It’s a great fit for every dog! The harness doesn’t rub uncomfortably, thanks to its easy-to-adjust straps. For unbeatable control, use it with an EzyDogshock-absorbing leash. It’s quick to put on, meaning you can get out and play that much sooner!
So what are you waiting for? Order your Chest Plate harness today!

Chest Plate Harness's Features:

  • Conforms to your dog’s chest for a custom fit
  • Ergonomic EVA chest plate
  • Easy to adjust straps, creates a snug, secure fit
  • Reflective stitching provides enhanced nighttime visibility
  • Sturdy clasps make putting it on fast and easy
  • The rust-proof welded D-ring keeps your dog attached to the leash
  • Many colors to choose from!
  • Seat Belt Car Restraint included!

Chest Plate Harness's Colors:

  • Blue
  • Red
  • Chocolate
  • Black
  • Blaze Orange
  • Green Camouflage
  • Pink Camouflage
  • Arctic Camouflage
  • Candy



     It comes in 6 sizes,

  • XXSmall: 10-15'' girth
  • XSmall: 12-19" girth
  • Small: 15-24" girth
  • Medium: 18-29" girth
  • Large: 19-33"
  • X-Large: 22-38"
     Each harness comes with a seatbelt car restraint, which is great for dogs over 25lbs. For little ones like me (9lbs), it's not the best choice.
Car tether 











     Since I have two products, I'm going to give them each their own pros/cons list.


PROS:
Lots of sizes

Decent choice of colors

Car tether included

Reflective

The Chest Plate makes a great car harness

Good price

The Chest Plate molds to your dog's shape over time

I was expecting the Chest Plate to be a bit stiff, but it was surprisingly flexible and comfortable 

Easy to put on and adjust



CONS:
I hated the fact that where the straps connect to the chest plate were movable and not fixed in place. It made the straps slid around when I walked. 

I wish it stayed here

And couldn't move up here



     I was also sent the Soft Trainer leash in pink camo, size Lite (1/2" width, 6ft, for dogs under 40lbs) to review. It also comes in standard size, which is a 1" width, 6ft, and for dogs 40lbs and over. Here's what EzyDog says about their leash:





     My favorite thing about this leash was the awesome barrel lock thing, which is great for poop bags!


Isn't this key chain cute?






PROS:
Good amount of colors

6ft, which is the ideal length for me

Traffic control handle, which we obviously didn't use (given my head hits Mom at mid calf), but is a great idea for taller dogs

Reflective

Soft handle

Good price


CONS:
We took this leash to the beach, and when it got in the sand it was next to impossible to close. This is a massive con for me, given I'm a beach babe.

I wish they offered a slightly thicker width, perhaps 3/4". Mom felt the 1/2" was too thin, but 1" would have been too big.



     Overall, I give the harness 4/5 stars and 1 1/2 paws up, and the leash 3/5 stars and 1 paw up. Head on over, and tell em yours truly sent ya!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola









     

8 comments:

  1. We also notice it may rub under the arms. Thanks
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very nice! Though that *buckle* right at the armpit does look a tad uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny - I thought it was a collar at first and was thinking 'what the hell kind of dog would that fit, not even a chihuahua', ha!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those collars but the harness might indeed rub.
    Dina Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so loving that leash. That poop bag holder is awesome and I love traffic control handles, but I can see why that wouldn't be of much use to you. ;)

    I've been curious about that harness for a little while, I had no idea the straps could move up and down like that and rub. Thanks for the heads up!

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brothers YoYoMa and Quinn both wear EzyDog harnesses. They are very comfortable and durable. Momma has been very concerned about harnesses in general because she just read the National Safety Council crash tests failed every single dog restraint on the market.Not one passes...and some actually made the injuries worse. http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/05/22/consumerwatch-tests-on-dog-harnesses-show-100-percent-failure-rate/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah, your harness is too funny....so small when compared to Elka's! Hers is the X-Large. We also have a problem with the straps sliding about, but it doesn't really (in my mind) have an effect on how well the harness does or doesn't function; it's still secure, and Elka's skin doesn't appear to get chafed in any uncomfortable way.

    I thought the keychain was adorable as well! Good to know about the sand, though; I have a feeling it would be a problem with the neo collars. I found it cleaned out of the harness without any trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have these harnesses!! They are FABulous for the car, I really like that the chest plate is big enough to distribute the force if there was ever an accident. That is the main reason I got this one. I also find them great for walks, unless she's in 'one of her moods' and is REALLY pullin', in that case only the 'slip harness' really works.
    Thanks for the review!
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!