Friday, May 24, 2013

May Photo Challenge: Week 3

    Hi, all! Dachshund Mommy here with week 3 of the May Photo a Day Challenge.  I'm really pissed right now, because yesterday evening I shattered the screen on my iPhone. The phone still works, thankfully, but the massive spiderweb effect created by the shatter makes it hard to read, not to mention the screen is now rough and raised. I'm going to try and get one of those screen repair kits, and see how that works. Fingers crossed!

     Which of these is your favorite, and why?

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy

Day 15: 7 o'clock
I watched the movie version of the Stephanie Plum novels, and was disappointed.  While the movie had some funny moments and quotes directly from the book, almost everything was out of sequence, the fake Jersey accents that petered out half way through the movie were really annoying, and most of the actors didn't fit the character. 

Day 16: Mail box
Day 17: Season
It's already bloody hot here. It's going to be a LONG summer.

Day 18: Want
Dan D Doughnuts. They're a local thing, and the best doughnuts ever. Their cinnamon twist is to die for. I won't eat a doughnut from Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Doughnuts, ect, because Dan D's has ruined them for me.
Day 19: My favorite view
My favorite view is actually the ocean, but this looks pretty cool, doesn't it? 

Day 20: Light
Of my life. She has the best smile.



Day 21: I care about this


18 comments:

  1. I love Day 19. Those are some awesome photography skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love the photos of Nola, but I'm going with Day 19: My favorite view. I love the sharp focus on some of the drops and then the softness of the rest of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Nola of course but Mom says the bloody hot one because we really hate hot weather and feel bad for you! At least you have the beach! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love number 19 with the raindrops and the background out of focus.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, my fave are the portraits of Mis Gawjus herself!

    BTW- felt the same way about the movie- BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is bloody hot. Tonight it's around 30 degrees celsius and it's 11 pm in the evening. It's not getting cooler anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading Janet E's books since the first one and was so excited to see the movie...What a letdown! Terrible casting, bad acting, all in all a flop in my book... so sorry about your phone :( It's been in the 90's here too so I love "Bloody Hot" :) but probably my favorite is Day 19...what an interesting view of the water

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course our favorites are the ones of Miss Nola.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  9. We really like #19 and #21. Both really nice.

    So sorry about the phone screen. Mom heard somewhere that those do it yourself screen fixers are a scam. Good luck.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  10. That so sucks! I hope you're able to fix your screen!

    Love Nola, of course. ;) I also really love day 16 and 19. 19 looks so incredibly cool. You're very talented with that camera of yours!

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favourite view was my fav. Although now I want donuts and I agree that movie was disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dachshund Mommy....
    I like.... Day 17: Season!! "It's already bloody hot here. It's going to be a LONG summer.". Stay cool, Friend!! ;op
    Love, Raelyn.... Plus Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!



    ReplyDelete
  13. We like day # 20. Any picture with you in it is great!!

    wags
    Jazzi and Addi

    ReplyDelete
  14. 17 or 18.
    The former because I love saying "bloody." Although, usually I say "bloody hell." My dad hates it. :P

    The latter because... well... doughnuts. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You KNOWS your always my favorite subject Nola, butts this week, I'm gonna have to go with 19. That is Ma's kind of pic!
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, and Ma says Kudos on breakin' the Gorilla glass!! BOL
    Fingers crossed on the fix!
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  17. We think the Stephanie Plum movie 'missed' because in the books you are in her mind and knows what she's thinking. But in the movie, you're just watching from the outside.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always love your Nola photos but Day 19 is very very special!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!