Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Getting Fed More (YAY!) and Dachshund Nola Reviews: Custom Dog Jackets

     Hi, all! Today I'm doing a review for the Etsy shop Custom Dog Jackets, makers of harnesses, jackets, accessories, leashes, and Halloweenie costumes, to name a few things!
But before I get to the review, I just want to say that yes, I am a bit too thin in the photos. My weight is hard to keep ideal, and I frequently bounce from a little too chunky to a way too thin really fast. Currently though, I'm at the ideal weight, and have managed to stay there for about a week. Mom's hoping that since I'm a "big girl" (2 1/2) now, I'll be a bit more level. I'm now getting two meals a day, with a snack midday and training treats throughout the day, and that seems to be doing the trick.
Y'all are probably thinking "wow, an underweight Doxie! Now I've seen it all", but in all honestly my breed is not as prone to obesity as made out to be. When medical issues are not involved, it's weight gain is due to lack of exercise and too much food. Simple as that. It's not hard to keep us slim!

     ME, too thin:

     I'm also too thin in the below photos during the review.


     ME, too fat:



     ME, just right:

Epic nakedness!


    Okay, now that that's out of the way and you know Dachshund Mommy's not neglecting me ;), on to the review!


     Like I mentioned, Custom Dog Jackets makes:
     The shop offers ten standards sizes and also does custom sizing at no extra charge, which I thought was really cool.


     I picked the adorable Lavender and Mint Small Dog Harness to review. It's a well made, freaking precious harnesses with a gawjuss bow attached below the D ring. According to the shop, the harnesses is made with sturdy cotton duck outside with a soft cotton inside, and is reinforced for strong pullers. The velcro closures at the neck and chest are long and wide, which makes it feel quite secure. 
















Yes, I'm on a table, but I was in a stay and Mom was right there. :)


PROS:
Cute

USA made

Washable

Sturdy velcro

Custom sizes at no extra charge

Easy on/off

Good winter harness for FL

Surprisingly sturdy

Long and thick velcro

CONS:
Bow is not detachable 

I really wish there were buckles over the velcro 

Prices are a tad bit high

I wish the neck strap sat just a tad bit lower





     Overall, I give Custom Dog Jackets 3 1/2 stars and 1 paw up. Head on over, and tell em yours truly sent ya!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

28 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - how totally cute you look in that...love the color and the big bow really sets it off. Best of all - it looks comfy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooooo cute!! And Nola, you are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look just perfect now Nola. Yah I agree the collar under the neck needs to be curved a bit and I bit lower. Nice jacket though.

    wags
    Jazzi and Addi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nola we loved the colors of that harness....it is beautiful... we read the story last night Through Frankies Eyes, and it talked about weight and doxies....we enjoyed the book alot. Thanks for sharing.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOLA that harness is STUNNING on you. You look ready to PAWTY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great now, just the right weight. I too struggle with keeping Riley in balance from being too thin and too fat at times.

    That harness is super cute and you look great in it!

    Elyse and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nola!
    Wow, you always look great, but definitely the best in those last pix. More foodable is always a good thing! BOL Love that pretty harness with the feminine purple bow. :)
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Epic cuteness fur sure Nola! You look so loverly in purple :)

    Oh gosh, you did get a tad skinny there for a while. Sure do wish we all had that problem.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nola! What are you doing running around naked outside?! What will the neighbors think? lol
    Yay for food increases! Lassie and Petal love getting their food increased, haha. You're definitely not neglected, your Mommy adores you way too much to ever neglect you, but you already know that. ;)

    That harness is adorable! I knew, though, before I got to your Pro/Con list that the neck strap sat too high for your preference. It sure is cute on you though!

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Nola! You are such the model
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is too cute! and it really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, purple is your colour.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure do look cute, and I agree that purple is a lovely color on you, Nola. You are well loved and very lucky to have your mommy. I know I'm not telling you anything you don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review Nola and may I say, you look GORGEOUS in that harness!
    *Cairn cuddles*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  15. It does look very stylish.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks beautiful on you, very stylish! You are so loved Nola, we are lucky pups to have such good furever homes.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness! You're a cutie, Nola! That harness is precious!

    I'm new around the block. Stop over and say Hello!

    http://yorkieparker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dachshund Nola....
    I never knew that about your breed!! I always thought that Dachshunds easily put on weight!! Wow.... You learn something new every day!! ;-D
    You look so pretty in that purple harness!! And the bow!! You look like a Mother's Day gift all wrapped up!! ;op
    Love, Raelyn.... Plus Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!



    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree- everyone says chihuahuas gain weight easily and it is "impossible" to get off too. Ugh. I've had underweight and overweight foster dogs come to me- you feed them less, you feed them more, you walk them and what do you know- it is all fixed! I also regularly have people tell me my dogs are too thin and ask me if I can afford food. People don't know a healthy looking dog standing right in front of them, rather sad.

    Also those harnesses look cool- LOVE the bow. I am always scared to buy velcro only things though. I worry about them holding up over time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thinks you always look FABulous Nola, butts I guess I'm a bit bias.
    I love that jacket! It is really nice.
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look smashing as always Nola.

    Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the condition comparison photos! Right now, Soph and Else are both a tad overweight... so they are going to be dieting while Miss Nola binges.


    --Champ's mom

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, what a gorgeous harness! It matches your furs quite nicely.

    Susie Q

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is beautiful but for a dirt lover like me it would not be beautiful for long! I would not like the Velcro either, it would be too easy to come off even that super tough Velcro we wouldn't trust, but it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! That would look marvelous on ME!!! But me HATES clothes.
    That color suits yous though!
    kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is a totally adorable dressup outfit Nola and you look lovely in it but I'd worry that it's just too fancy for a rough and tumble guy like Gizmo...It might be perfect for an indoor party or an event like Barkworld

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amanda and Blog friends,
    Thanks for the great feedback. I can make a custom fit for anyone who needs a deeper cut on neck strap. I have tested these on Jack Russel's that pull very hard and have found them to be very secure. I can make the bow detachable on request.

    Custom Dog Jackets
    www.etsy.com/customdogjacket
    Here is a 10% off discount code for members and friends of this blog Use DACH10 at checkout.
    Thanks so much, Jill Lee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!