Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Rescue... Pet Products

   



      Hi, y'all! Today I'm doing a review for the Etsy shop JBRanchOhio, aka Rescue...Pet Products. This review is probably going to appeal to peeps more than pups, since they make grooming products and I know a lot of you guys aren't a fan of that!

A bit about the shop:


Some things about me:
I’ve helped animals since I was 7 years and have always known it was my purpose in life.
I worked at a pet store when I was 15 and a Vet clinic as soon as I was old enough (16).
I took home schooling on top of high school so I could graduate my junior year and go to Veterinary Technician School right away.
I was a Vet Tech for 4 years before I realized that in order to care for our animals and reach the goal of one day owning our own rescue; I would need to make more money.
This is my 4th year in the banking industry and it’s not where I belong.
I started RESCUE… Pet Products in December 2012.
My love for animals is unstoppable and I need your help.

Some things about JB Ranch & RESCUE… Pet Products:
JB stands for Jay & Brittany. We are husband and wife and are very passionate about animals.
Ranch is for the 5 acres that we live on and have dedicated our time to caring for 7 dogs, a mini pig, a horse, 2 goats, and a barn cat.
RESCUE…Pet Products are made with all organic ingredients and no harmful chemicals. This makes them safe for your pet, safe for the environment, and helps save animals in need.
10% of our profit goes to local animal shelters and other organizations that are dedicated to saving animals lives. Our goal is to one day own our own shelter that I can run full time.







Their adorable furbabies:
Ace

Mya

Oscar

Penny

Pierre 

Eddie

Piper

Tabby Cat
Xena 
Tank (the Dobie)
Mocha Latte 
Carmel Macchiato






     I was sent their Organic Paw and Nose ButterOrganic Shampoo in lavender scent and Organic Leave-in Conditioner in spearmint and lemon grass scent, which was Mom's favorite.
Since I am a model/diva/actress, I'm used to grooming and it doesn't bother me (except I'm not a fan of nail cutting. At all. But hey, not even I'm totally perfect), so testing these products was a breeze. And to top it off, they have stellar ingredients (all organic)! Check it out:

Paw/nose butter:
Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Peppermint Oil, Beeswax,
Almond Oil, Vitamin E, Aloe Gel


Shampoo:
Distilled Water, Aloe Gel, Colloidal Oatmeal, Almond oil, Vitamin E, Avocado Oil, Olive Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Pure Honey, Xanthan Gum, Lavender Essential Oil or Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil

Conditioner:
Distilled Water, Aloe Gel, Coconut Oil, Vegetable Glycerin,
Lemon Witch Hazel, Vitamin E, Xanthan Gum, Neem Oil,
Lemongrass Essential Oil & Spearmint Essential Oil or Lavender Essential Oil





   
     Like I said, the leave in conditioner was Mom's favorite, by far. It smells great (Dachshund Mommy: I like just opening it up and smelling it!), the pump works great, and it leaves no greasy residue. DM: I wonder if I can use this on my hair?

    DM: I was a bit disappointed (at first) in the shampoo. While it didn't break Nola out like most soaps do, it cleaned her fur well and has a pleasant smell, it doesn't lather so you can't see where you've already used it on and it's hard to tell if you've washed everything out. The positives for it outweigh the negatives for me though, as it made her fur very clean and left no heavy oder like lots of soaps do. It might be weird, but I like Nola's smell. She has no "doggie" oder, and she smells like cinnamon, leather and sunshine. 


     Since my nose and paws are very soft (DM: I confess to putting lotion on Nola's paws as a puppy, and thus they've never gotten hard and rough), I'm not sure how well the nose and paw butter works. Mom did put it on Phoenix a couple times, and saw some improvement with her. We stopped using it though, because Phee is a total amateur and doesn't put up with grooming as well as I do.









This is how shiny my coat is, and there's not even any conditioner in it. Sigh, gawjuss!





I am the cutest model every, or what?






PROS:
Organic

10% of their profit goes to animal rescue organizations

Great customer service

Everything smells incredible (DM: have you ever been to an Aveda hair salon? The leave-in conditioner smells a bit like one, which I think is a very nice and calming scent)

Works great

Leave-in conditioner isn't greasy

Great prices for the quality

Non-toxic

Cool packaging

CONS:
The shampoo doesn't lather

     Overall, I give Rescue...Pet Products 4 1/2 stars and 2 paws up! Head on over, and tell em Nola sent ya!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola


12 comments:

  1. We laughed Nola when we read your Mom's description of how you smell :) That was really cute!

    They sound like great products! We will check them out. Thanks as always for such honest reviews.

    Hope you have a beautiful day girlfriend!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are checking out the site also...thanx for sharing.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum wishes she could adopt those goats and little piggy!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coconut oil based shampoo does do wonders to the coat. I use one too and I don't even need a conditioner!

    ...Whisky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom says I have a "Murray smell". Not sure what is is, but she seems to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a worthy business. We bet the Nola smell is beautiful. Maybe you should bottle it.

    XXXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a lot of furbabies to support! Wilhelm could use some of that smell and shine. We'll check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no.. I should've stayed clear of this review.
    I don't know why, but I have a thing for dog shampoo and conditioner. I don't know how I ended up with 3 or 4 different shampoos. Who needs that much shampoo? I don't even bathe my dogs that often (they don't have a "doggie" odor either, but they do start smelling like dirt and weeds in the summer and that's not entirely pleasant). I guess I just like having options, "What do I want them to smell like this bath?"
    Anyway. Great review! I'll definitely keep these guys in mind next time I need/want shampoo or anything of the sort. Love those ingredients! I bet you totally could use it on your own hair, Dachshund Mom. I confess to having done that before, haha. ;P

    Oh, and I loved your description of Nola's scent. Sounds like she smells as lovely as she looks!

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD! Cinnamon, leather, and sunshine????? Holy crap!! I just smell like stinky dog!! And, I smell after a day, sometimes less!! And, it's not because I have somethin' wrong either (no skin stuffs goin' on), it's just, well, Airedales! hehehe
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who would not support a product line that is organic AND gives to local rescues? Sounds like a find we will have to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the post. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!dog conditioner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!