Thursday, May 23, 2013

Dachshund Nola Reviews: DogIDs

   



     Hi, all! Today I'm doing a review for DogIDs, makers of dog products such as collars, leashes and ID tags, and carriers of things like harnesses, crates, bowls, toys, ect. Here's a bit about them:


We are a small family-owned business based in Fargo, ND. We started Dog IDs with the mission of producing and supplying only the best products available for dogs. This will ALWAYS be our mission! Inspiration has come from our family dogs and other dogs that have touched our lives (Hunter & Hailey pictured above lounging on the beach.) and we will continue to focus on their needs since they are always there for us.

Focus, Experience & "Cutting-Edge" Technology...

We have been producing pet ID tags and personalized dog collars since 1999! The computer driven engraving equipment and processes that we use ensures that our tags are produced in a uniform fashion. In other words..High quality results for our customers every time...no exceptions!

Sincere Interest in Man's Best Friend...

We take great pride in our work and love knowing that our engraved dog ID tags and collars help keep dogs safe at home with their families.

Dogs Deserve the Very Best...

We realize that our canine companions are always there for us unconditionally and we believe that they deserve only the best dog products we can provide to them. This has always been our belief and it is reflected in the quality of our products and customer service!

Personal Touch...

Since we are a small company, you'll get that personal touch that is hard to find in this big, high-tech business world we are in today. We take the time to make sure things are done right so you are always satisfied with the dog products you purchase from us and the customer service that goes along with it. You'll enjoy doing business with us!

We're making room for new high quality dog products...

Manufacturing high quality dog ID tags and personalized dog collars is our specialty. However, we recently began adding other dog products to compliment our line of engraved pet ID tags such as collars, leashes, safety clothing, harnesses, bowls, health products, etc. We won't just be adding any dog product lines though...Only the highest quality dog products we have found. After all, our dogs deserve only the best, right? Right!!!
Lori and Clint Howitz





     Being the sucker for luxurious products that I am, I picked there personalized Italian leather collar and leash in the color Sky Blue. As I mentioned, they're customizable with up to three lines of text on both the leash and the collar, so for the collar I had my name on it and Mom's phone number, and the leash has "Dachshund Nola: Blogging Diva" on it.
You all know that my reviews are always honest, and I'm sad to say I was sorely disappointed with these products. For the price, I was expected something along the lines of my Hilltop Leather Shop or my Hamish McBeth collars, and this set was nothing like them. If I had paid for them, I would be quite upset and would return them. When I get a leather product, I expect something that looks, feels and smells like leather. Something that's stiff at first but softens beautifully with use. Something that looks as high quality as it's suppose to. And that, sadly, is not this collar. Some things I didn't like:

  • It doesn't look, smell or feel like real leather
  • It's soft in a very fake kind of way
  • It just feels very low quality and not durable










     I don't want you to think this is just a critical post, because it's really not. I liked the company overall; they have a lot of options, their shipping is fast and they have great customer service. I'm sure most of their products are better than this, and I can personally vouch for the quality of their waterproof collar, as my Minion/brother Auggie has had his for months and it's still in great shape.


     For the pros and cons list, pretty much every con is for the specific product. 

PROS:
Lots of options
Fast shipping
Easy to navigate site
Great customer service

CONS:
Not what I was expecting in the slightest 
Way over priced for the quality
Leash clip is too big for me


     Overall, I give DogIDs (the company itself) 3 stars and 1 paw, and the products 1 star and no paws.

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

15 comments:

  1. It was a pretty blue tho.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Stella. It's a purrrrrty color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were HONEST... and that may be VERY HELPFUL to the folks.. They NEED to know so that they can get BETTER. YOU look GOOD in Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty collars, but I just looked at the price. I don't know if I could cough up that much moola for a collar for Beamer. That could buy me a nice dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's unfortunate. But when a product is sent for a review, honesty is the best policy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are really happy with the collar and leash we got, but it's good to hear opinion on the other products too. It's unfortunate that the leather is not what you expected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad... a girl Dachshund has gotta have good quality jewlery!

    Licks,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  8. The clip does look very big for a small dog. I like the colour though.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a lovely color on you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a real shame. Sounded like a good product too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too bad you didn't like them. I try not to get my hopes up when it comes to trying out dog products...especially toys--Riley is a "Destructo Dog" and can tear through pretty much anything.

    Yes, all Cattle Dogs start out white, except for the markings on their face. Weird, huh?

    Elyse and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loves the color! Butts, your right for that price it should feel like sturdy heavy duty, my dog isn't gonna break it, leather.
    Maybe they will make some improvements now that they know.
    Great review.
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like that collar was a huge bummer! Too bad, because the color is cute.
    I love DogIDs though. Their tags are great. I always get my tags there, unless I need something dirt cheap in a pinch, then I go for the tags at Drs Foster and Smith, which are cheap for a reason. They don't last like the DogIDs do. I will keep in mind to avoid this collar though! Thanks for the heads up.

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!