Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Say What, Sweetie? Review: Party Fowl



Hey Blogville! Welcome to a fabulous, fantastically fun segment of Dachshund Nola: "Say what, Sweetie?" This is Sweetie,  Nola's grandma...though Sugar (Nola's grandpa) and I object to the term "grandparents", as we are much too young and outrageous  to consider ourselves of grandparent status (no meanness meant to any other amazing grandparents!) Nola gets her brains and beauty from me and her fashion sense and diva style from Sugar, BOL!
From time to time, Nola is ever so graciously going to allow me to do a post. Could be a review, or a Q&A, or just random ramblings! This post is a review of Party Fowl's 1 Strap  harnesses! That's right, we put our poultry on a harness! First, a bit about the shop:

Party Fowl Supplies makes harnesses, leashes, costumes, diapers and shoes for ducks, chickens, and geese. Their walking harness can be used for things like:

-Take your pet poultry out for a walk without needing to be diapered.
-Allow your duck or goose to swim in ponds or lakes without risk of swimming away.
-Bring your pet into public without breaking leash laws.
-Allow your feathered friend more movement without wandering away.
-Bring your feathered Friend to shows, swaps, and meets uncaged.




So! Harness arrived, amid much anticipation and joy- especially from Sugar. He couldn't wait to walk his beloved ducks (blue Swedish)! Ok, maybe I was a little eager as well! Sadly and comedically, mayhem ensued! 
First, maybe if we had started trying to harness up ducklings, as opposed to mature ducks, we would have been more successful! Our ducks were NOT happy girls as we wrestled and wrangled, pleaded and cajolled them into the harness. They squawked! They flapped! They flat out bitched! We persevered, and amid laughter and tears managed to "walk" them briefly! Then we tried a hen...with similar results. Comedy hour on our micro mini farm!










Sweetie's opinion:
- cute idea
- well made (held up to our struggles!)
- love supporting small businesses
-sadly, our fowl hated our walking attempts 

So, that's a wrap for Say What, Sweetie- y'all enjoy your day! :)

22 comments:

  1. I love this new feature! So happy to meet you, Sweetie. I must say, I never knew a product like this existed. Good thing you didn't do this post on April 1 because everyone would have thought this was an April's Fool joke. I have no trouble imagining that the fowl hated this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. This is about the funniest thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously?? We think Sweetie has gone bonkers! Has she been getting into the 'sauce' at all? You know Nola, that secret stash behind the barn?

    Well at least your fowl didn't like the harness, just like I hate mine. You know what they say about birds of a feather...... Oh wait, I'm not a bird!

    We were very amused by the thought of it all. Mommy said had she been there that day, she would have been peeing her pants watching you all.

    Love ya Nola, butt..... please keep a close eye on Sweetie.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. If by chance we see Sweetie trying to walk a peacock, we're calling 911. We have the men in white coats on stand-by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we hadn't seen this with our own eyes.... Nuff said. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow we never knew about those things...there is so much in the world that our mom doesn't tell us.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. What don't people make these days. Never even thought of a chicken harness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL!! That is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I had chickens, and I can only imagine trying to get a harness on one. Nice to meet you Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to meet you, Sweetie! I'm headed over to Party Fowl now- I can practically feel my flock's judgemental gazes through the window!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor birdies. No harness for them
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to meet you, Sweetie! Awesome review! Chicken harnesses? LOW! I can imagine those chickens!
    Dina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barharhar, walking you duckie and chickens, man that would be a war zone on the farm behind us if they tried that!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can finally say I have seen everything now!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That. Is. Awesome.

    A chicken on a leash!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bwahaahaa! That's very funny.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is hilarious! At first I honestly thought you were joking!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sweetie!! That was a funny post and I could see them squalking!!

    wags
    Jazzi and Addi

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is too funny. I had no idea such a thing existed. I would've loved to have been there to watch.
    It's a shame they didn't like it. They could've gone on walks with Nola. ;)

    It was nice to meet you, Sweetie!

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not sure what to think about this...It sure is interesting

    ReplyDelete
  20. HILARIOUS! I can't say that my hens would care either way, but I know my ducks would react the same way. :) You have gorgeous birds! Do you have toys for your ducks to play with? I have a floating duck in their pool that they play with, but am thinking they need something in the pen.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Sweetie & Sugar!
    Wow, what a fun series! This is the funnies post I've read in a while. BWAR HAR HAR I can totally picture all of the craziness and mayhem as you tried to strap in those birdies. I bet feathers went everywhere! BOL Sounds like overall, the birdies were not impressed and thought the whole idea laid an egg.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!