Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Favorite Products (aka "Shit I Can't Live Without")

     (This post is sponsored by http://www.dogfencediy.com/. I'm being compensated for this. However, I'm not being paid or perked to mention the products below, and only share products that pass intense Doxie Inspection)


     Hi, y'all! Since out piece of shit internet is back (wasn't actually an issue with the internet itself, it was the airport dohickey modem thingy. Don't you just love me ever so technical terms?), I can resume my normal blogging activities, thank dog.
Today's post is all about my favorite products, or as I like prefer calling them "shit I can't live without" Since Mom almost never gets me commercial treats, there aren't many edibles listed. Boo, I know.
So without further ado, here we go!


Dachshund Nola's favorite products"Shit I Can't Live Without" list:


  1.   The first (and Mom's favorite) thing is my gawjuss Hamish McBeth "Lucy Black" leather collar. This is by far my favorite collar, and trust me on this y'all, that's saying a lot given my substantial collection.





  2.   The second thing, which vied for awhile with the collar for top place, is my Rubit! ID tag clip. I change collars every few days, and this has saved Sugar's, 'cause Mom is a total weakling when it comes to prying those damn ID rings open (Dachshund Mommy: But I'll have you know, I can lift 50lb feed bags with no issue, and I only weigh 121lbs), MOM's fingers and nails.
Another nice feature is that is makes sure my purty ID tag is facing forward, fully visible.

     Tip: if you get or have a Rubit!, make sure use use a different ring than the one it comes with. The one it comes with sucks, and I almost lost my tags because of it.




  3.  My Original Puppia Harness is my go-to harness, and we love it! It's super durable, washable, and cute to boot.



  4.   My basketball! Just a regular old "human" basketball. I've put holes in 2-3 of them.

  5.  Zuke's Mini Naturals are one of the few commercial treats Mom will buy, because the ingredients are stellar, they're only 3 calories per treat, and they smell awesome (to me, that is).


  6.  My beautiful leather collar and leash set (we like leather in my house...hm, that sounds a bit wrong...) from Hilltop Leather Shop that has my name engraved on the collar. After my Hamish McBeth one, this collar is my favorite.




  7.  My ID tag from the Etsy shop Doggone Tags. I love this tag, and we will definitely be a repeat customer there. My tag is so simple, but so gorgeous and unique!
This isn't the color it is, this photo has iPhoto's antique setting used on it


 8.  My two (yes, you read that right, two) leash and collar hanging racks Mom and Sugar made for me. I started with one, and it all kinda snowballed from there. DM: Don't judge me! Most of the stuff was from doing reviews, and I'm even getting rid of some of Nola's collars and leashes to make room for more, of course.





 9.  My black Kong (I chewed through the red one in a matter of minutes), which Mom thinks is a lifesaver when she wants me occupied, meaning out from underfoot.

 10.  My clicker, of course! Despite the stereotypes about my breed, I love training. Not to mention I'm whip smart!



     What are a few of your favorite products?

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

20 comments:

  1. Ha, she even has her own door to hang all the collars and leads!
    Like the puppia harness, they are great for small dogs.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! We like a lot of those things, too! You have great taste, Nola!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was totally pawsome Nola! But yes, you still are a collar Ho :)

    Love ya girlfriend!
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER post Nola.

    When we were at PetExpo we saw CHICKENS... Some were wearing diapers... butt NONE of them had Harnesses on. Just sayin!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool stuff. I love the tag, and the leather collars too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't have to worry about your Greyhound friends judging your collar collection, Nola (ha). We love the Rubit clip too. We also like Kyjen toys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh we like the treats the best, we don't wear collars much cos we don't really have any necks but we do wear the puppia harness which mom attaches my one million little tags and charms too.....um.....
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nola! My mom uses the same clicker! Woot! You've got her convinced to buy some Rubits, too. Btdubbs, you've got the greatest collar collection.


    Paws,
    Champ

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that basketball won that round...

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. No wonder you can't live without those cool things
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. <3 this!!! We don't really have any favorites on a whole but Mishka would say it's his Chuck It Floaty thing. He LOVES that thing!! :)

    Sarah & the Weens
    http://doxiejibberish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your internet is back up!

    My word you have a TON of leashes/collars! That's really an impressive collection! Blueberry has a collection of ones that I no longer care for or that don't fit her. She basically wears something til it wears out and then I just replace it.

    Blueberry's favorite things include her Nylabones and treats of course. And probably the most UNauthorized thing she enjoys is stealing the hamster's grass huts when I am cleaning their cages and chewing on it before I notice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our favorite thing would be the Chicken Jerky Mommy makes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anything edible.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way cool stuff! Nola, take a look at the last video on my post yesterday. It's a DIY dog treat toy. Much fun.
    http://dogtreatweb.com/funny-bone-monday-20/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nola, you look beautiful in all of your collars. I love my squeakies and pupperoni.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have some great stuff, Nola!
    We agree 100% with numbers 5, 9 and 10. We love Zukes and Kong! We love our clicker too. :)
    We need something like 8 for all our leashes and our few collars, too! I'll have to make something like that. Such a clever idea.

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Nola!
    Wow, you got a lotta stuff! I love your collars the bestest. I have a collection of those too, and a whole bunch of bandanas. And I love the two collar tags I got from Sugar. You have a great sense of fashion, dahlink, and I really like your hanging racks! Every pooch needs enough stuff to deserve that. BOL
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  19. BTW: My bestest and coolest collars are all from Claras Collars. You can find them on the internet at clarascollarsDOTCOM. Pawesome selection and quality. They ship anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We love our Fetching Tags tags, lupine collars and leashes, and black Kongs. One day I plan to order collars from Ella's Leads.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!