Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Sweet and Salty Dog

   


     Hi, everyone! Today I'm doing a review for the Etsy shop Sweet and Salty Dog, but before I get to that I just want to announce that next week (Monday-Friday) will be a review each day so I can catch up on all the reviews for products I've already received. I'm not a fan of doing two reviews a week, and once the "Review Week" (which will also include a giveaway!) is over I will go to doing just one review a week, or even one every other week. "Review Week" will also include a guest post from my grandma, Sweetie!
I have some reviews I'm really excited about doing, like one for EzyDog and Hug-a-Dog harness, so keep an eye out for those in the next few weeks!



Okay, on to the review! Sweet and Salty Dog makes some adorable handmade cotton collars that are super stylish and very affordable.


Some of my favorites things from the shop:
Colorful Mosaic
Purple Mosaic


Chevron Striped
Super Chevron
Tiny Blossoms Flower
     All collars are available in the following sizes, but the shop owner also loves custom orders! Matching leashes are also available on most of the items.

Extra small: 7-11"
Small: 10-15" (this is the size I have)
Medium: 12-19"
Large: 15-24"
Extra large: 17-29"





     I picked the lovely Farmdale Blossom Floral to review, and I really like it! The pattern looks charmingly vintage, and you have three options as far as buckle color goes; pink, brown or black. I like that it's cotton, so it's soft and comfy to wear all the time. It's also washable.


I liked that the logo was fairly small and inconspicuous. 








PROS:
Cute!
Affordable
Custom orders welcome
Great customer service
Washable
Soft
Quick shipping

CONS:
The excess part of the collar didn't lay totally flat, which bothers Mom's OCD
I wish they had more options
They don't have harnesses

This is what drove me nuts


     Overall, I give Sweet and Salty Dog 4/5 stars (took a star off for the collar not laying flat). Head on over, and tell em Nola sent ya!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

18 comments:

  1. Very pretty collar that you picked out. We agree, the collar not laying flat would drive us nuts too! We still can't figure out why many of these companies don't make harnesses??

    Yesterday Muffin got her collar stuck in her mouth! We have no idea how the heck she did it, but Daddy was freaking out when it happened. And while all that was going on (of course, Mommy was in the shower) one of my nails got caught on the blankie and I was gonna chew my paw right off to get it undone. Daddy screamed for Mommy who had to jump outta the shower to come to the rescue butt naked and dripping wet. (Mommy's the calm one.) She saved the day. Muffin still has her teeth (except for the one that the Tooth Fairy took) and I still have 4 paws. Oh yeah, and we have a wet carpet from where Mommy dripped~dried all over the place.

    Hope you have a great day today Nola!

    Hugs & kisses,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review....a lot of times these types of collars soften over time and it will probably lay flat than...or maybe just give it a wash to get some of stiffness out of the new fabric. It is cool they have colored buckles instead go the plain black

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors they offer. Wonder if they have any suggestions on how to make that lay flatter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More cute stuff. Nola, the review queen. BOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nola! Your collection is really growing. I love the new collar, I'm headed over to the shop to take a look. Maybe that pesky strap will lay flat once its been washed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very pretty and girrrrrrlie and springie and stuffs.

    We get our collars from a crafter... she always tells her customers to dampen the material a bit to help it lay Flat... Once it dries it will be right as rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your collection of dog collars is really big. I really like this one, it suites your flowery upbeat personality. We are behind on reviews too and mama does not like that! We're doing a bunch this week and next week, so don't worry, you're not the only one!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely collars, you look so pretty!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors you picked Nola. After awhile our collar layed flat but it took to long. Thanks for a good review
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. These do look lovely Nola and I like the colorful buckles...what a nice custom touch...You are putting together quite a nice 'wardrobe'

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty collar! I love the blue fabric with the pink buckle combination.

    The excess fabric not laying flat would drive me nuts too, but perhaps that will fix itself after a few wears.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome choice and it sure looks great on Nola!
    Dina

    ReplyDelete
  13. No wonder you have such an extensive wardrobe. It's hard to make a choice.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always do great reviews. Mom so wishes she could put collars on us, there are so many nice ones here today. But we get them caught on the fence outside AND SomePup likes to chew them off the rest of us. So we go naked until we walk, and then we use choke collars so Mom never has to worry about them breaking off of us.

    Great choice of collar you made - looks perfect on Nola.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have so many reviews to do because you do such stinkin' good reviews! Looking forward to seeing what new products you have for us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool Nola! You will always look HAWT no matter what you wear!

    Mason

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pink and blue collar looks super cute on you! I really hope you are charging folks for these great reviews you do. You could make some nice spending money and treat your mom to a nice dinner :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!