Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dachshund Nola Reviews: JeanaMICHELLE (and WW Photo Answer)

   
I'm sorry for such a crappy picture!
     Hi, everyone! Today I'm (with Phoenix's hindrance help) doing a review for the Etsy shop JeanaMICHELLE , but before I get to that I want to reveal how Mom took yesterday's WW photo. I'll turn it over to Mom for a bit.

     Dachshund Mommy: Okay y'all, here's the photo (and info) I gave you yesterday:

Nikon D3100, 18-55mm lens
55mm
SS: 1/125
A: f/5.6
ISO: 100
     I'm kinda proud to say that no one guessed correctly! The closest guesses were through a bubble or a window, but neither were quite right. This photo was taken in my great, great grandmother's antique mirror (it's about 80-100 years old). It's Nola's reflection, which makes for some cool bokeh and awesome sun/lens flares. The black edges you can see in the top right and lower left corners are not my shirt sleeves, they're the edges of the mirror. Nola is focusing on my hand. It's a useful trick I taught her; she focuses on my fingers so I can get a dramatic profile shot.





     Enough of her babbling! On to the review. JeanaMICHELLE is, like I said, an Etsy shop that makes freaking adorable collars and collar/leash sets, as well as a few non-dog items like hairpins, clutches/purses, quilts and wedding accessories. Here's a bit about the shop:

     I have been sewing and creating for as long as I can remember. I hold an art degree and practice as a quilt artist primarily. Making dog collars for my own dog and other items has been a fun respite to the intricate work I am used to. After the prodding from a dear friend to sell them at a local dog show, I realized that there was a market for fun decorative dog collars. Thus, JeanaMICHELLE was born. 

     Since then, I have expanded by offering coordinating leashes. 

     Our items are available in a variety of sizes and styles. Patterns are continually changing and we love to adapt with the seasons and holidays. 

     All items are locally made in Perham, Minnesota. 
Custom orders and requests are always welcome.

    Be sure to "heart" our shop and "like" us on Facebook for new product introductions and specials only offered to our Facebook friends. www.facebook.com/jeanamichelleshop





     All their collars and leashes are made of 100% cotton, so if your pup has a nylon allergy they can still rock these collars. They are completely washable, too! Even the detachable bows are washable, if placed in a thick sock. If the collar looses some shape after lots of washing, just press with an iron.
Another nice thing is that leashes to be used on dogs under 12lbs will get an extra small clip! I've seen (and even had) a few leashes on us smaller ones that are about as big as we are.
The shop is also offering white and colored hardware for certain collar sizes.



     I love how many gawjuss collars the shop offers! These are a few of my favorites, but there's many more to choose from.

Aqua Blue Paisley
Shappy Chic Pink and Green
St. Patrick's Day Shamrock

     Since I have a shitload a bunch of collars already (check back Monday to find out the exact number!), I decided to be generous and picked a collar for Phoenix. I picked the daring Pink Leopard, which just so happens to perfectly match Phee's harness. Phee's been wearing it for about 2-3 weeks now, and the collar is still as lovely as when it arrived!


This is the size X small, which fits both me and Phee

DM: I hate, HATE doing reviews of things for the Minions for the simple reason they do know know how to pose! I wind up putting everything on Nola to model.


The description of the collar:

Your dog can rock out with this pink and black leopard print collar. This Extra Small sized, 5/8" wide collar is designed for use on dogs or puppies with necks measuring 8-11" and is fully adjustable. Please contact me if you would prefer without bow and I will create a custom listing for you. 

Unless noted, I use only comfort hugging curved side release buckles, cotton, heavy interfacing, triple-stitching for strength, and nickel plated D-rings.

As with any cotton fabric, it is normal for wear after frequent use and multiple washings. Please regularly inspect your collar for wear. Although these buckles are designed to withstand quite a bit of force, please use caution regarding your pet as JeanaMICHELLE is not responsible for any inquiry caused directly or indirectly by use of any of our collars. 



PROS:
Cute as can be!
Lots of choices
Strong and durable
100% cotton
Washable
Detachable bow
Quick, easy release buckle
The tag that lists the collar size and shop name is on the inside, so it's not mucking up the outside as a distraction
Fast shipping
Great customer service (they included a Milkbone for Phee! Because of my allergies, I couldn't have a taste)
Extra bands for the bow included
Very reasonable prices
Custom orders welcome

CONS:
The collar is a tad stiff at first, but softens right up!
Leashes are only sold as sets, which is a little disappointing as I like to mix and match
I wish they made harnesses as well


     Overall, I give JeanaMICHELLE 4 paws up and 4 out of 5 stars (1 star docked for not having separate leashes)!. Head on over there, and feel free to use the code "friends10"for 10% off your purchase. As always, make sure to tell em Nola sent ya!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola





Extra bands for the bow 

LOVE the fact the tag is on the inside

It's the little personal touches that make a business


See? She can't post to save her life. 


DM: I kid you not, I took 145 photos to get this half way decent one. When doing reviews for things of Nola's, I take 15-45 photos, max. 

DM: I felt so bad seeing Nola staring, wondering why she wasn't wearing anything new!

That's more like it!

The collar is adorable with or without the bow!

21 comments:

  1. OMD you have us laughing over here this morning. Nola, what the heck is taking Dachshund Mommy so long to train the Minions? Don't tell me she's just gonna let them be foot loose and fancy free!

    Wow, my guess from your WW post yesterday was way off. I really thought that Sweetie was there bribing you with a treat.

    We love the pink collar and bow. That is really beautiful! We think that Phee looks great in it too. Phee is getting so big! She is really turning into a beautiful little Minion (tee~hee~hee.)

    Thanks again for providing us with an honest review.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute!! Love the pink and black. Interesting info about the photo, great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a cool pic yesterday. We would love to see the whole mirror too. The old things are always such beautiful treasures.

    Very pretty collars. The girls both look great in them.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my pug my mom absolutely and forever loves those collars..they are beautyfullll....
    stella rose and mags

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture from yesterday (we are catching up). You are lucky to have so many collars. We each just have one. Our Lady is mean like that. Lee and Phod the one collar dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very nice collar. And it suits both Nola and Phee so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Cute collar! I am glad got it because it makes you look uber pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nola you would look good in anything, first of all. We love 100% cotton collars. We have them and are easily washed with soap and water. Thanks for a great review
    Snuggles,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD Nola... Phee looks DARLING in that collar. WE think it is quite SHEEK what with the BOW and all. It is VERY much GOOD that the Bow can come off.. or be moved around to a comfy spot on the collar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. :-D Oh Nola, congratulations on putting up with the inadequacies of your Minions! Hehehe! Those are very pretty collars indeed...I wonder if they have any ones that look a little more manly?! I'll go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those really are pretty Nola, but so girly, you know? Momz sez I need something in camo so folks will remember that I'm a guy...The way she's attaching the bow is pretty clever

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks again for sharing our collars. Leashes are always available upon request ( just to make sure we have a pattern you are looking for ). Bows for the boys will be launched in July and we are hoping to release harnesses eventually.

    Gizmogeodog...... We do camo!,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops..... Bow ties for the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, those are sooo pretty!! Love the bow.
    And you do take the coolest pictures!!

    wags
    Jazzi and Addi

    ReplyDelete
  15. You really make it seem really easy together with your presentation but
    I in finding this matter to be actually one thing that I believe I might never understand.
    It sort of feels too complex and very extensive for me.
    I am having a look forward to your next publish, I'll try to get the hold of it!

    My web blog; Iamsport.org

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh, Phee has gotten so big. She's all grown up. This looks like a wonderful company. I LOVE the flowers and bows. I need an Auggie fix!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Nola, you are purfect, and you know it!! All Ma has to do to gets a pic of MOI is bribe me with liver. I will do anythings!! BOL
    I thinks those collars are FABulous....too bad I'm way too big for em'. And....I would probally eat the bow! hehehe
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that the collars are made of cotton and wish, like you, they made harnesses as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks а bunсh for sharing this with all folκs you
    actually knоw what you're speaking about! Bookmarked. Please additionally consult with my web site =). We will have a link alternate contract among us

    My website ... how to clean a deep fat fryer

    ReplyDelete
  20. mes thinks the minions needs a good cat whapping to gets them in line (not that me poses worth a darn for Mommy) But me LOVES the collar! It looks super on Phee!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!