Friday, April 19, 2013

Dachshund Nola Reviews: The EmPURRium

   




     Hi y'all! Today's the last day of Review Week, and I'm closing it with a review for the Etsy shop The EmPURRium. This review is of a leash for my minion/sister/PITA Phoenix, even though Mom didn't manage to get any pictures of said wiggly/ADD/ADHD minion.

A bit about the shop:
Gabby & Roxy's EmPURRium (The EmPURRium) was born in my one bedroom apartment in January 2010 when I started using some fleece scraps to make catnip toys. In March of 2010 I used my measly tax money (only about $200) to buy the materials for collar making. I love to spoil my cats and I could never find cute collars in pet stores for cats.

I have 3 cats; Gabby my tabby is 10.5yr, Roxy is all black and will be 5 in May and my tortie kitten Star who will be 6months old in April. I also have a 3 year old brindle boxer mix named Diesel whom my husband had when we met.

I live in Springfield, Ohio and I was born in Canton, Ohio. After going to Miami University in Oxford, Ohio I met my husband, Dereck. We have an adorable baby boy named Dominic who will be a year old on June 15th.

My collars are all made with nylon or polypropylene webbing and then the ribbon is sewn on. I use top quality buckles as well to finish off the collars. Within the last few months I got colored buckles for my cat collars and they have really added a special touch to them.

I hand sew every item by myself, mainly at night after work once my baby has gone to bed. Sometimes it's hard to find time to get orders out, but I love doing this. My main goal is that in 5 years I will be able to live off of The EmPURRium and be able to quit my full time job.

The EmPURRium is based out of my bedroom on my tiny desk and in a few plastic storage containers. I'd love to have a studio some day just for creating collars and toys.

I love making collars and I'm always on the hunt for new ribbons, as I write this I have about 25 new partially made collars sitting on my desk, not courting about 25 more ribbons I have waiting to be made into collars. I love the variety I have in my shop and I try to have a little bit of something for everyone.

I am always taking custom requests - I LOVE them! Last Christmas I had a request to make 6 cat collars in different and specific colors, a month later I got the cutest picture of the collars sticking out of stockings that matched the colors.

In addition to collars and leashes I also make catnip mats, catnip toys, and recycled t-shirt tug toys. I'm currently getting ready to start making martingale collars and harnesses for dogs. I also have a few ideas for new cat toys.


The kitties:














     The EmPURRium makes handmade cat collars, dog collars, leashes, key fobs, catnip mats, cat toys and dog toys. There's a bunch of stuff in their shop, so there's something for everyone (puppies and kittehs)!


     I picked this leash for Phoenix. Overall, we like it!

Sticker!






Cute little bow


PROS:
Cute!

Lots of stuff

Good customer service

Stuff for pups and kitties

Sparkly

The sparkles/glitter doesn't come off the leash

Good prices

Durable (held up to the beach)

CONS:
The snap is a little big for Phoenix or me, or even Boston (our biggest Doxie)

They don't offer harnesses yet


     Overall, we give The EmPURRium 4/5 stars and 1 1/2 paws up. Head on over, and tell em Nola sent ya! If you see something you like, make sure to use the code NOLABLOG for 10% off your purchase.

     Whew! That was exhausting. Tomorrow resumes the normal blog activities, and only 1 review a week.

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola


PEE.S. There's still time to enter the giveaway from The Sewing Dog! Check yesterday's post for details. The winner will be picked this evening/tonight.


13 comments:

  1. I recently saw a headband made of this material. So cool. Looks like glitter with none of the mess. Boy, review week went fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nola needs to give those minions some modeling lessons so we can see them more! hehe. Cute leash, I like a lot of that shop's patterns! Maybe our resident cat would like something from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job on Review Week Nola...learned a lot about some cute products...I have my new stamp on the blog today...Ordered it from EtchyThings after seeing yours here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks very sparkly and girly!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW a Fellow BUCKEYE !!
    Super review of the cool thingys she makes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute stuff! I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute!!!! I loves the glitter and the color!
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site,
    how could i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me
    a applicable deal. I were a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered shiny
    transparent concept

    my webpage ... fantastic golden retriever mix breeds info

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice answers in return of this query with real arguments and explaining the whole
    thing regarding that.

    Also visit my site visit for retriever lab mix information

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nola! My mom says that leash is really cute! I don't think glittery pink is my style, so she better be thinking of the girls....

    Paws out,
    Champ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute lease!!!!!:) You look adorable in your glitters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!