Friday, April 12, 2013

April Photo Challenge: Week 1

     
     Hi, all! Dachshund Mommy here with week 1 of the April Photo A Day Challenge, hosted by Fat Mum Slim. Nola is featured heavily, as usual! I also took one of my favorite photos every in this week's list, so all in all it was a pretty good week!

   

     Which of these is your favorites and why? All photos taken with a Nikon D3100, 18-55mm lens.

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy

Day 1: Play
Nola loved playing in the sand by this spring fed creek

18mm
Shutter speed (SS): 1/160
Apature (A): f/6.5
ISO: 100



Day 2: Blue
Excuse the crud in the corner of her eye!

55mm
SS: 1/30
A: f/5.6
ISO: 400

Day 3: Something beginning with "A"
I think we all agree that the "A" is for "adorable"! :p

48mm
SS: 1/60
A: f/5.6
ISO: 400
 Didn't take a day 4 because we literally did nothing that day.

Day 5: Something good
Nola's favorite place to nap is in my shirt.

26mm
SS: 1/15
A: f/4.2
ISO: 450
Day 6: Air
I struggled so hard trying to decide how to take this photo, and ended up taking a lazy cleaver picture of the thermostat thing. 

Day 7: Dreamy
This photo is the favorite. It's full manual mode, and I am very proud of it!

18mm
SS: 1/200
A: f/3.5
ISO: 200

22 comments:

  1. I love day 7! It's gorgeous the way the sun is lighting from behind on the right, and I think that's accentuated all the more by how dark it is on the left. I love that her cute little toes are in focus, you should definitely be proud. It's a beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like Day 1. Nice background shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think you did GREAT on all the photo's! We love too that you got real technical on us calling it a "thermostat thingy."

    We really like the pic of Nola sleeping in your sweatshirt. That's a pretty cool place to take a nap!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day 2: Blue is my favorite this week. I love the intense focus on Nola's beautiful eye and the fade out of the background. I also love how you can see the lovely shades of the fur. Its place in the frame seems "just right."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Day 5 - that is by far the most cutest and adorable....love her all snuggled up and cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dreamy, yes....Dreamy is my favorite!! The lighting, the composition and of course the beautiful Miss Nola's toes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your favorite too, but the closeup of Nola's eye intrigues me...such great colors reflected there

    ReplyDelete
  8. Day 7...I is in love withs dat one!

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love photo one best this time. It is taken from a good angle with Nola looking at the water.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with Day 2. Great sharp and focused photo.
    Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Day-1! Nola looks so peaceful reminiscing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful pictures! We especially love the last one!

    Elyse and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the dreamy one. They are all good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We like one...probably because we love water. The picture looks so peaceful.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  15. WE like BLUE.... beclaws Blue is our Favorite Color. AND beclaws it is a cool drool picture..

    We get eye boogies too... no problem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We like day 5 and day 7 the best. And yes, the word adorable fits Nola perfect!!!

    wags
    Jazzi and Addi

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loves 1. Nola just looks like she's thinkin' of gettin' into somethings!! BOL
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  18. We all agree that A stands for Adorable which stands for "Nola"!!!!!! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to vote for the last one, but of course I love them all. That is about the cutest little puppy paw ever.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do not know whether it's just me or if perhaps everyone else experiencing problems with your website. It appears as if some of the written text within your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This may be a problem with my browser because I've had this happen previously.
    Many thanks

    Visit my web site green coffee bean extract for weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thing the first is my favorite! Mes loves the Nellie eye view of Nola!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!