Thursday, April 25, 2013

April Photo Challenge: Catch Up

     Hi, everyone! Dachshund Mommy here with a catch up of the April Photo A Day Challenge, hosted by Fat Mum Slim. I'm happy with most of these photos, so all in all it was a good few weeks!

     Which of these is your favorite, and why? All photos taken with a Nikon D3100, 18-55mm lens in full manual mode, unless no photo stats are mentioned.

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy

PS: I want to say a huge thanks to Marquie, from Two Collies and a Mutt for making the awesome Doxie social media icons in my sidebar over there >>>>>>

Thanks, Marquie!



Day 8: On your plate

Chicken enchiladas....heven on a plate. 

Day 9: Tiny


   Totally forgot day 10.....

Day 11: Detail


55mm
Shutter speed (SS): 1/15
Apature (A): f/5.6
ISO: 1600
Day 12: In the middle

55mm
SS: 1/80
A: f/5.6
ISO: 400

Day 13: View from your bed

18mm
SS: 1/125
A: f/5.6
ISO: 320

Day 14: Water

I really like this shot

55mm
SS: 1/15
A: f/5.6
ISO: 720


Day 15: Alone
Nola's always by my side

55mm
SS: 1/13
A: f/5.6
ISO: 3200
Day 16: Your favorite color

Would be either blue or purple

55mm
SS: 1/125
A: f/5.6
ISO: 250

Day 17: Busy

I have been devouring these books (Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich). I'm so obsessed, I've read 6 books in 8 days.
 My favorite characters (for anyone who's read them) are Ranger (sigh...), Lula the former hooker and the grandma. My favorite lines so far would have to be:
Stephanie: "You're lucky you have a nice ass,"
Ranger: "My ass isn't the best part, babe."
My thought when reading that: Sweet baby Jesus, I bet it's not! *fans self*
Day 18: Hello!

55mm
SS: 1/15
A: f/5.6
ISO: 720


Day 19: Button

Pretty good shot, given I took it myself of my own jeans button.

55mm
SS: 1/60
A: f/5.6
ISO: 400


Day 20: On your mind

If all goes well,  Nola and I will be taking a trip to Italy (and blogging all the way through it) in the next couple of years.


Day 21: Fire
My little spitfire, doing her "up/paws up" trick on my knee.

38mm
SS: 1/125
A: f/5.6
ISO: 400

Day 22: Blurry

55mm
SS: 1/160
A: f/6.3
ISO: 100


Day 23: Time

The time I took this picture was mid-day.

55mm
SS: 1/1000 (that's FL sunshine for you)
A: f/5.6
ISO: 100

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures DM. We really like Day 13 ~ The view from your bed! Looks like a beautiful view. then of course, any pictures of Miss Nola are always eye pleasers.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like tiny and view from your bed this week - although I must admit, I love the chickens too.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorites are Day 14 and Day 15 Nola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, ohhhh, how could you not go with anything but day 21 FIRE, after all we are poochies and enough watch Nola do her stuff!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiny is my fave! What a sweet face!

    Love the Stephanie Plum books- the movie was just ok, but the books are great!

    You will LOVE Italy- was stationed there in 1985-1986 and loved living there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set of photos as usual. I love tiny. That's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

    Here is my webpage golden retriever lab mix pictures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos. We like the View from the bed a lot and any one of the ones of sweet Nola.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  9. View from the bed is by far my favorite! Just loved everything about it - it's something I can see wanting to hang up on my wall actually!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woof! Woof! You do look tiny on that bed. LOVE the pillow. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  11. WE like #8 Bestest beclaws we LOVE Chicken in all COOKED forms...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the black and white window. That was the one that struck HER the most.

    SHE loves Stephanie, too. Has all 19 books...waiting for 20.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the water one too! It's really well done. Of course, I also adore the ones of sweet Nola. Her eyes highlight every photo that she's in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The water one! We love the dreamy abstract quality framed with its geometry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this webpage on regular basis to take updated from most up-to-date information.

    Here is my web site; More About The Author

    ReplyDelete
  16. Day 9 is adorable, cozy little Nola! Day 14 is beautiful and awesome. And day 21 is just plain precious. I love that look on Nola’s sweet face.
    I hope you two get to go to Italy, as planned! That would be so fun.

    You’re very welcome for the icons! I had fun making them and I’m so glad you like them. :)

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite is Day 9, just because, Nola looks so cute and tiny and also a force to be reckoned with by her eyes.Day 18 because, that is the cutest face ever.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I like day 9 the best!! You are darling Nola!!

    wags
    Jazzi and Addi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!