Monday, March 4, 2013

Training Goals for February Results, March List and Exciting News

     Hi, all! Well, I did it! I learned all my cues and tricks for February's challenge. (triumphant smile).  If you remember, the list was:
Stop: drop on recall
Refining "back up"
Hold an object: which resulted in me learning to retrieve!





                          Back up:

     This is the same video as last update; as I said I just wanted to refine it a bit.


                             "Stop!":


 

                                            Take it/go get it:


     I'm very proud of this! Especially given I'm naturally a hound, and not a retriever.

     I'm trained (and raised/interacted with) strictly Positive Reinforcement (adding something to increase a behavior) and Negative Punishment (taking something away to decrease a behavior). I'm also Clicker/Marker trained. If you want to know more about my training (including videos, tips and tricks, and "what's in my treat bag?"), feel free to check out my training page: Training the "Untrainable": Our Life of Positive Reinforcement.

 

     Here's my goal list for March:
Take a bow
Cover eyes/for shame!
Adding to retrieving and holding: different objects, further distance, ect.

     Something really exciting is going to happen this week! My second Blogiversary is on Thursday! I'm so buzzed for that!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

18 comments:

  1. You are just the smartest!!!! Woozer!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smarty pants you are. Great job. And your 2 year blogaversary...exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nola, you are one special girl...and your momma is one special gal. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Nola! Looking forward to your 2nd blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just amazing Nola!
    We can't wait to see Marches goals, especially cover the eyes one :)
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done Nola! You and your mommy are quite a team.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nola...EXCELLENT! You should be very proud of your newly acquired skills. Good luck with your March goals!
    *high paws*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your list of tricks is very impressive, Nola. Makes me want to get back into training Beamer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We read that as 'Training Goats for February.....' When we got to Stop: drop on recall...we figured something was wrong! BOL!

    Nola you're a star. And if your mum can get the goats to drop on recall, she'll be a star, too.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your training is going great! And you're so pretty in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good job! yuki retrieves, but the terrier in her doesnt like to drop it unless theres some treats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tricks and goals Nola! You put us to shame!

    Lee and Phod who are just gonna try not to drive lady too crazy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woof! Woof! LOVE your MARCH goals. Can't WAIT as I can never do the bow. Golden Thanks for sharing. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay Nola! You did great learning these new things! And I think you've given my mom some ideas too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowwzers Nola! Yous means there could be hope for Cinnamon! Me is going to has to find out more about that training technique!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am SO impressed Nola. But, I couldn't watch the videos right now. My satellite internet is too slow in the evening. I'll watch them in the morning. (and I might leave another comment then).

    We're starting to do "back up" but I'm just trying to capture it when Shyla does it naturally... so we haven't gotten very far yet :)

    I love your training Nola. We are working on "cover your eyes", and it's becoming "cover your nose" - I'll have to see if I can shape it so that Shyla puts her paw higher over her eyes instead of her nose.

    Way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the videos! She is a star and you are a great trainer! Seeing her retrieve was the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!