Friday, March 1, 2013

Last Days of The February Photo Challenge

     Hi, all! Dachshund Mommy here with the final part of the February Photo A Day Challenge (I'm taking the March one, too).
Well, almost the final part. Get this; yesterday my stupid memory card (at least, I hope and pray it's my memory card and not my camera!) wouldn't work. I put it in the camera, camera said "no SD card inserted". Plugged it into iPhoto, didn't even register. And of course, stupid me has no back up card.  Grr!!! So I couldn't take day 28's prompt. Fucking thing.

     I've decided to do something new with these photo challenges. At the final post for that month's pictures, I'll post my favorite photo from the whole challenge and tell y'all why I chose it. Sound good?

     Which of these if your favorite? Oh, and cut me some slack if these suck. All but one were shot in full manual mode, something I'm getting used to. I've been shooting is shutter or aperture priority.

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy

PS: Does it say something about my OCD that I loved Feb's challenge because it's a perfect 4 weeks?

Day 22: Makes you smile

Day 23: A word
This pic was a very close second for my favorite this month.


Day 24: Cloud
Day 25: On your bedside table


Day 26: Quit

Day 27: Playing
Retrieval training sessions are so fun!



      And my favorite this month was....:

Day 20: Where you stood
I love the angle, editing and Nola's focus on me. I feel it's a very personal photo. 

18 comments:

  1. OMD, what will you do when we have a leap year??? Guess the 29th will be one very special photo:)
    We agree with your choice too- great shot. Have a super weekend.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like 'a word' this time. It is a lovley dog tag and I'm sure, brings you a lot of happiness when you look at it.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first picture entitled "makes you smile".

    She's quite good at applying her eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you chose the one you did, but I admit Day 22 is my favorite...Something about the soulful look in Nola's eyes just speaks to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week, my pick is Day 22: Makes you smile. I really like the idea that you'll show us your personal favorite(s) of the month and tell us why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm....well my favorite is still Day 20, just something about it makes me all goose bumpy. The tag shot is cool, do you mind sharing where you got it??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pictures, and learning to shoot in full manual mode is challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Day 20! Love it. Hope you can figure out your camera thing too. I hate it when technology fails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nola...your favorite is our favorite too! That's a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woof! Woof! I think we said it to our previous comment ... that's our favorite too and mom plans to do recreate it with (hope you don't mind). We just have to find the right spot. You must have set a timer and the camera was on a tripod??? BTW where do you get your day to day photo subject? Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  11. We like the last one, too.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite is the last one, butts I like the 'clouds' one too.
    Very cool.
    Kisses,
    Ruby
    pees: I just noticed the photo of Phee on the sidebar ~ she is soooo big!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yous sounds like our Mommy, She is a little OCD and wes LOVES the cat level shot too!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mommy loves them all, but we agree 100% on your favorite. It is a great picture. I like the first one, cause there is a little light in Nola's eye, like a twinkle or a musical note that is coming out in sweet Nola.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the day 20 photo. It says so much! I am wondering how you are IN the photo and TAKING it too. If you caught that with a timer I will be amazed and bow down to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your last one too. Great perspective!

    I see that Nola is retrieving! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!