Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Klise Dogs

     Hi, y'all! Today I'm doing a review of the cool Etsy shop Klise Dogs.


     Klise Dogs is, like I said, an Etsy shop that sells cool, fashionable dog collars. I'll get to the review in just a bit, but first here's a bit about what the shop owner had to say about herself:

     My name is Sydney Klise. I live and work in a small town in central Iowa. 
Like many young people these days, I went to college right after high school. Not knowing what I wanted to do with my life I kept going to school, hoping it would hit me and after 3.5 years it did. I LOVE dogs! I wanted to work with them for the rest of my life. That fall I attended Triple Crown Academy in Texas. I opened Klise Dog Training that fallowing spring after graduation. 

     After spending the summer enjoying group classes and private lessons, I choose to expand my business by going to grooming school. I attended Wisconsin School of Professional Pet Grooming. I worked a few different grooming parlors before opening my current shop in September of 2011.

 That same year I had my life taken over by my lovable Ren. She is a Bernese Mountain Dog born 1/28/11. With her being my first girl I wanted to give her a lovely collar, so I went out and ended up spending $40!! But she was my baby so I was okay with it. As she grew I wanted more collars for her, but at $40 a pop there was no way I could afford it. That's when I decided to make my own. I wanted to bring a great product at a great price to everyone. After a few trials and errors I finally have the collars where I want them. 
I have also now added Tiny collars due to the addition of my devilishly sweet Papillon, Rau. She weights in at 5 lbs and has such a small neck! So, now here we are! I love every minute of it. 

     Each collar is made with high quality nylon webbing, a heavy D ring, and a quick release buckle that is contoured. The ribbon is jacquard ribbon. 





    Here are a view of my favorite collars Klise Dogs (in addition to the one I chose):

"Hearts"


"Poppy"
"The Gus"


"Axel"



     I chose the beautiful "Ava" collar to review. Here's what I thought:
For me!



I love when things are prettily wrapped. 

The collar


    The "Ava" collar comes in two widths, 3/4" (which is the one I have) and 1". The 3/4" comes in the sizes Small: 8-14" and Medium: 12-18". The 1" comes in sizes Small: 8-14", Medium: 12-18", Large: 16-22" and Extra Large: 20-28".

     I really liked this collar! It's cute, fashionable, durable and girly without being obnoxious. 

     The break down for both the collar and the shop as a whole:

PROS:

Cute
Good variety
Washable
Soft, for nylon
The buckle is very easy to release
Seems sturdy, but I'm not walked on a collar and I don't generally pull
Fast shipping
Good customer service
3 different widths; 3/4", 1" and 1.5"


CONS:

The shop only offers collars, and I'd like to see leashes and possibly harnesses


   Overall, I liked the collar and would recommend them to my furiends. Head over to Klise Dogs and tell em Nola sent ya!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

DM: Sorry if the pictures suck; they're  full manual mode. 










Showin' off the figure









19 comments:

  1. That is a great collar Nola. Thanks for telling us about them!
    Lee and Phod who have boring collars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good Nola...When I visited the site the Ava was one of my favorites too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty collar Nola! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are pretty. I love the one you choose, great color and design. I'm going to start calling you the etsy queeen. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collars. We. Love Etsy shops
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful collar for a beautiful lady! *Wink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEY is BUNK flirting with you????

    That Collar looks super on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to know what your running total is for your collar collection:) Looks verry pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is very pretty and looks so beautiful on you Nola! What a great quality product. We agree, matching a matching leash or harness would be pawsome.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    p.s. thanks for my get well card. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, now that's a lovely collar Nola and, of course, you model it incredibly well! ;-) I'll have to hop over, to check out the boys styles...my problem with a lot of companies is that their boy selection usually looks girly, which doesn't help the whole "isn't "she" cute" thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nola looks great in her new collar! Very stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty collars! You get sent such great stuff Nola.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I blog quite оftеn and I ѕeriouslу thаnk yоu for
    уour сontent. Thіs article
    hаs rеаlly pеakеd
    my intеrest. I will take a note of your websіtе аnԁ kеep сheckіng for
    new informatіon about once a weеk. I opteԁ in fοг your Feeԁ
    as wеll.

    Lοοk at my hοmeраgе: http://www.bluewhitestudio.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The collars look quite lovely. Thanks for the review - we love handmade stuff and are going to head over there now to see if there's a pretty collar just for Bella. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The collar is perfect on you...and so pretty! We love the review and the shop owner's story! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Right now it ѕeems lіke Dгupаl is the top blogging platform avаilable right now.
    (fгom what I've read) Is that what you're using on yοur blog?


    Mу ωeb site; http://bangalistars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review! Those collars are so pretty. I love the one you picked, Nola! It looks great on you!

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super pretty collar Nola, we will pop over and check out that esty store!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are really good looking collars. Sadly, most stylish collars like this do not come in a harness version and I only use harnesses on Chester and Gretel :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!