Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Jakey & Company

     Hi, y'all! Today I'm doing a review for the great Etsy shop Jakey & CompanyJakey and Company sells super cool products like collars, leashes, key fobs (for the peeps) and cute personalized bowls.



A bit about the shop:

     I started Jakey & Company making collars and leashes for; yes you guessed it, Jakey. 
     I soon learned about Etsy and decided to open a shop. 
     Although we started with collars and leashes we decided to also turn our attention to personalized bowls and dishes for dogs and cats, aka - beloved family members; while also adding personalized gifts for the two-legged family members as well.
     Even though I work outside of the home this has turned into a hobby that I dearly enjoy.

     Jakey (aka - Baby Face Jake, 2 year old English Bulldog) always gives his "Woof" of approval before an order is shipped.

     We invite you to stop by and browse the items we currently offer, with more to follow soon.
     Please drop us an email with any questions or special requests you may have.
Thanks for visiting our little shop!!!


     Here are a few things you can find at Jakey and Company:

Pretty in Pink Collar
6ft Camo Leash
Personalized Stainless Steel Bowls

     I picked the adorable "Baby Lacey" personalized 8oz ceramic bowl to review. A bit about it:

"What an adorable feeding/water bowl for the newest addition to your family!
This ceramic bowl stands 3" tall and measures 5" across and holds 8 ounces.

"Baby Lacey" is adorned with soft pink dots on black along with soft pink and baby blue colors circling the bowl. The inside of the bowl is imprinted in black with the saying Bone Appetit.
The front of the bowl is personalized with your newest family members name while the opposite side is personalized with the birth date."






Isn't the wrapping adorable!

They're almost the same size as my paws, BOL

"What'd I get, Momma?"

Dachshund Mommy: I thought this was super cute! Nola has 3 feet on the box, one foot off. 

All four feet up. Excuse Phoenix's ear. 


     Overall, I thought this bowl was really cute and seems durable (you know, for ceramic). Here's the breakdown for ya:

PROS:

  • Cute
  • Customizable
  • I really liked the colors
  • Fast shipping
  • Good customer service
  • Lots of different things in the shop
  • Fair prices
  • (totally superficial, but still) I love the cute wrapping paper!


CONS:


  • Mom messed up my birthdate for the back of the bowl (HOW COULD SHE?!), so instead of reading "Oct. 8, 2010" Mom sent the shop owner "Oct. 8, 2012". Since that's obviously not my birthdate, Mom just peeled the vinyl sticker thing (yet another fab technical term) off so it now just reads "Oct. 8". This was very easy to do, and I'd prefer to see something that didn't peel off so easily.
  • I wish there was a bit more variety and quantity to the shop. 

     Jakey and Company has very generously given you all, my lovely readers, a 15% off discount code (excluding shipping) to use at their shop. The code is NOLA15 (I feel so important getting my own discount code! Hm, when I say it like that it makes me sound like some kind of cheap hooker....), and is good from now, 3/19 to 3/24. 

     So head over to Jakey and Company, and tell em Nola sent ya!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

PS: I don't know what Blogger did to make the text kinda squished looking.  

   

What it said (sorry for the glare!)

What it now says

DM: her ears....! Too cute

So fly.
 Check back on Thursday for a review of my awesome collar!





Waiting....







19 comments:

  1. Love the bowl! Very sweet! We see what you mean about the stickers, but we'll go have a peek anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! I love the colors you choose on that bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh that is one pretty bowl!!
    stella rose and mags

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute bowl and they ship it in such a cute box as well!!!

    ~Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute collar. We like the model too
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bowls, they are really pretty and individual.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful bowl for a beautiful girl :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice bowl! Hopefully the date doesn't peel off on its own after time. Gosh!

    And even though it may seem superficial - I also love that paper!! It's the little things that matter, ya know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks just as cute without the 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi my sweet girlfriend!
    What cool products you received. I have to say, I'm a little embarassed for Dachshund Mommy for messing up your birthday BIG TIME! Butt, we'll forgive her bcuz we love her soooo much too!

    Hope you're having a great day. I'm doing better butt still am taking it easy.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nola....
    Your new Header Picture!! I love it!! Your facial expression is like: "Yeah, whatever!!" ;op
    Love, Raelyn.... Plus Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!


    ReplyDelete
  12. That does look nice, Nola. I can understand how your mom got the wrong. I'm sure she's been thinking of how young you at heart you are which is why she mistook you for a 2012.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool bowl, Nola. I love the wrapping paper too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wοndеrful pοst! We will be linκing to this great ρost on
    our ѕitе. Kееp uρ the gοoԁ ωritіng.



    Feel fгee to viѕit my wеb-sіtе; www.startaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great bowl. You are lucky to have one so special! Lee and Phod who have plain boring bowls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!