Thursday, March 28, 2013

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Etchy Things

     Hi, everyone! Today I'm doing a review for the super cool Etsy shop Etchy ThingEtchy Things makes some pawsome stamps and custom stamps for every occasion.

ABOUT THE SHOP:

We are big believers of fate. Everything that happens are based on all the desires, passion, truth and equanimity we put forward in this world.

Etchythings and Myoga Craft Cave are built with some very important values in mind. We make people smile if not laugh through our creations. We strive to change lives through mentorship, coaching and helping others grow. We share the joy and the passion in all we do and hope to reap the benefits and appreciation from those who see our work.

RECYCLE, REDUCE, REUSE

Every piece of paper we use goes through several filtering process before it goes to the recycling bin. It gets sorted and organized into different scrap sections and then finally to the recycling bin.

In the recycling bin, we also sort recycling papers into color categories and are later used for making handmade recycled paper for more paper crafts.

We even keep some clean and unripped die cut templates for stencilling. Haven’t used them yet but I can totally see them being used for some really creative creations.

Upcycling takes time but that’s what we value.

Instead of buying large wood mounts for all our custom stamps, we use reclaimed materials like old shelves and crates to hand make our wood mounts. They are always one of a kind.

These mounts are either rustically or naturally finished and coated with non-toxic clear coat to protect the wood. It isn’t mass produced offshore and we remember every single one we’ve made for our customer. Hence, our price is fair but not cheap. We pride ourselves for the ability to hand make everything from beginning to end in Canada.

Later this year, we hope to find a great company who will support replanting trees and help save the environment one tree at a time.

And these are our values.

Visit http://etchythings.com to check out my blog, social posts and current projects.

Subscribe to my newsletter for 10% off your next order, new listings and stamping tips!










     Etchy Things made me this adorable stamp, and customized it with my name! Take a look (I refuse to say "take a look see". It just sounds creepy):

This is not my image; it's from Etchy Things
     How great is that? This stamp is perfect for cards/letter/packages/ect, not to mention it's just plain cute!
This stamps comes in many different breed silhouettes, including (but not limited to):
Dachshund
Bulldog
Poodle
Beagle
Schnauzer  
They can also make custom silhouettes.


     Dachshund Mommy: I really like having this stamp! It'll be great for sending cards to Blogville (can't wait till Christmas!), and I'm sure it'd be great for non-Blogville letters, too (yeah, I totally send letters and cards to people outside Blogville... totally) to add just a touch of Dachshund Nola. 







What do you mean, "you can't eat it"?

Purty girl


PROS:
Adorable!
Good price (I believe mine was about $6)
Good customer service
Fairly fast shipping (for being in Canada)
Easy to clean
Lots of variety
Custom orders available

CONS:
I do wish this stamp was a tad bigger


    Overall, I give Etchy Things 5 out of 5 stars and 2 paws up! Head on over, and tell em Nola sent ya!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

27 comments:

  1. I like your stamp a lot Nola...I emailed Etchy Things to see if they could do a Border Terrier stamp with Gizmo's name, and I mentioned that I saw their stamps here on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really nice! We'll check out Etchy Things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pawsome! We want one (well, three) for our Christmas cards too. Love your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get one made for myself! This would be perfect when we send out christmas cards, blog giveaways and love letters.

    Winks and Winks,

    Bunk The Pug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Now you have your own Queen seal of approval.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is very cool, love it

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT is a super stamp WE esp. like that it has your NAME on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! We're going to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool stamp Nola, I totally agree about Christmas time!! :-) I'm going to see if they have a Goose one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooooh I WANTS ONE withs my name on it too!
    Loves da fact they upcycle.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  11. You gots your own ink stamp! How cool is that?!?
    *high paws*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great stamp!
    Now you can just put your Royal seal on everything you send out Nola.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your stamp so much I've ordered one now...They found a great Border Terrier outline for me :) Thanks Nola!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is really adorable! What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good news everyone! I just got a note from
    Mei and Frank from etchythings...The first three people who order a stamp and mention Nola's blog will receive a free upgrade from a 3/4" stamp to a 1" stamp! I'm first, so there's two more free upgrades available...Just remember to mention that you saw it on Nola's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a pretty nifty stamp. I kind of wish I could get one for Beamer, but they don't have "mutt" as one of their silhouette options.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice stamp. But we agree, it is pretty small. Nola, Lightning would be right there with you ready to eat it:)

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really neat, what a super idea. Love the last photo of you Nola!

    Slobbers

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is just so cool! Me has been looking for a bear paw, but alsa, they don't has one.
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a super awesome stamp, even if it is itty-bitty! I like companies that hand make things in that manner, it just feels right to support them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thats pretty cool Nola. We will check it out and see if there are any scotties!!

    wags
    Jazzi and Addi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the stamp too. Totally agree, it needs to be a drop bigger
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute Nola! I think I would need it a tad bigger, but I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy stamping! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  25. We do love it Nola! And it looked so beautiful on our envelope. We're going to go and check it out.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just wanted to follow up on the post with the making of these stamps. Enjoy!

    http://myogastudio.ca/2013/03/30/the-making-of-pet-silhouette-stamps/

    etchythings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!