Friday, February 22, 2013

February Photo Challenge: Week 3

     Hi, all! Dachshund Mommy here with week 3 of the February Photo A Day Challenge, and I'll be answering a few questions.

     Y'all asked a few questions about our little farm on yesterday's post, so here's the answer!

"Your neighbors are very tolerant! Does it get noisy?"
     Since the goat pen (all pens, actually) are kept very clean, there's no issue with smell. Our goats are also of a breed that is very quiet, so there's no issue with noise, either. Heck, the Doxie Mafia is louder than the goats. :D

(about the twins and mama goat)
"Weren't you going to keep one of the twins?"
     We were, but the girl twin's (the only one we were interested in keeping) personality is utterly horrendous. Just like her mother's. And since the boy is a "nutter", obviously, he's useless to us. ;)

"What do you do with all those eggs everyday?"
     We cook and bake a lot, so we use eggs there. We eat lots of scrambled eggs/egg sandwiches ect, and of course the dogs get eggs a lot. (Nola's become quite good about opening the eggs). We're also going to start selling eggs at the local farmer's market once it opens.

     Hope that cleared some stuff up! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! I love answering y'all.

     On the the photos! Which of these is your favorite, and why?

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy

Day 15: Inside your fridge
It's actually more like 8-10 dozen....

Day 16: Perfect
This beautiful little rose survived the torrential rain storm we had.

Day 17: In your hand
Nola's clicker
Day 18: Something you don't like
I hate our neighbor. With a passion. 

Day 19: I am...
Sarcastic
Neurotic
Worried
Smart
Funny
Passionate
A smart ass
Sweet
Blunt
Kind
Random
Stubborn
Loud
Bossy
Strong
Quick
Determined
Sensitive
Loving


Day 20: Where you stood
No, Nola's not nearly as tall as this pic makes it look (her head is about mid shin on me, and I'm 5' 7"). She's sitting in front of me a bit, which gives an odd angle.
Excuse the bad focus; I used a self timer and auto focus, all while wrangling a Doxie who was expecting training, not a photo shoot.
I do like that this picture shows the focus Nola has on me. 


Day 21: Full
Check back on Monday to see what fun little babies we're bottle feeding (no, it's not a dog!)!

14 comments:

  1. We just love that picture of nola running on the beach..it looks like she is a flying!!! We get real eggs from my mom's sister and they make the best everything!!!
    have a great friday
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love day 20, Nola is soooo cute. And the rose in day 16 is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 20: Where you stood, is my favorite this week. I love the layout and perspective. Beautiful and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love Where you stood. I'm sure Nola likes to think she is taller than she really is.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woof! Woof! LOVE the Day 20 photo. great angle n perspective. Happy Friday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my favorite is Where you stood, love the angle, the perspective, the focus oh, I just love it!! I'm off to a friends to take pics of her 1 week old lab puppies. Can hardly wait to hear the grunts and feel the puppy breath. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a very hard choice this week, I like them all for different reasons but I think my two favourites are 'perfect' because it really is a beautiful rose and all the lovelier for surviving and 'where you stood' - just look at that sweet little dog waiting for you to tell her something.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the answers to comments. We may have to try that because we never seem to answer comments.

    We get eggs from friends who have a farm....ours are usually brown BUT we got three white ones this time.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    Love the rose, Nola and are intrigued by the last one. We'll be here Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like Day 15 and Day 20.

    I also envy you all of your fresh eggs! I go through periods of time periodically where I just want eggs all the time, or use them in a lot of things. Elka likes them too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors in the clicker picture. I love the one with Nola the best.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish you lived near us, we could use a good supply of eggs at our farm market!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!