Monday, February 4, 2013

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Lilibell's Couture

     Hi, everyone! Today I'm doing a review for the Etsy shop Lillibell's Couture. I'm super excited to do this review, so let's get to it!

     Lilibell's Couture is lovely little shop that makes adorable dresses, tutu dresses and vests (for you boys) that all double as harnesses, as well as just harnesses. How cool and convenient is that? No more trying to look fashionable and struggle with a harness at the same time, plus it's a quicker on/off and it's less bulky and cooler.

     A bit about the shop owner and why she started Lilibell's (like my BFF, Lily!) Couture:

I'm a 40 something Mom of two fabulous furbabies, Chewy & Lilibell. I work in the legal field full time and in my spare time I design and sew clothes for my two Chihuahuas.
 Lilibell's Couture was born out of my frustration of being unable to find matching boy and girl outfits for special occasions and also the lack of D rings or leash attachments on many outfits. I've been sewing since I was little and one day, after buying my new Janome, decided to start sewing clothes for Chewy and Lilibell! A good friend of mine gently encouraged me to start selling my designs and that is how Lilibell's Couture came about.

        One of my very favorite things about this shop is that they have things for boys and girls, and they match! Check out these two Easter outfits (taken from Lilibell's Couture Etsy shop):
    For the ladies

    For our men (or brothers/minions)

    PROS:
    GREAT customer service! Nadine (the owner of Lilibell's Couture) is such a sweet and funny gal.
    A-Freaking-Dorable!
    Light, cottony material, which makes it both breathable and sleek.
    Like I said, they come with optional D rings.
    20% of the sales goes to Noah's Arks Rescue
    Easy on, easy off.
    Washable.
    Nearly all the items are very reasonably priced.
    Lots of things to choose from, including holiday wear.

    CONS:
    I would really like to see buckles on the front and possibly belly of the clothes.
    She only sells up to a size 15-17" chest, which I just barely squeaked into with my gawjuss chest. It'd be nice to see these for bigger dogs, too.
    This is breed specific, but the edges of the dress are just a tad too long for me.



    It's for me!
    "Mine, mine, mine!" Excuse Mom's pale, bony hand. :p
    It came in pretty pink tissue paper! So classy.



    I think it'd be great if there were buckle/snaps (you know, like the ones on nylon collars!) here.








    Epic cuteness!

    Pose

    Pretty business cards


    It closes across the chest and under the chest/belly

    Aww!

    Going for a walk



    Overall, I give this harness 4 paws up! Make sure you go by Lilibell's Couture, and tell em Nola sent ya!

    Kisses and Tail Wags,
    Dachshund Nola

    24 comments:

    1. Woof! Woof! You look very LOVELY Nola. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

      ReplyDelete
    2. We just LOVE the name of the shop! It's got to be good stuff with a name like that :)

      You look so beautiful in that dress Nola. You sure look mighty pretty in it.

      Hugs,
      Lily Belle

      ReplyDelete
    3. So cute! I'd be a little nervous depending on just the velcro to hold it all together though. BOL - keep in mind, my boys think they are sled dogs...

      Sam

      ReplyDelete
    4. THAT Dress looks LOVELY on you Nola... So feminine .

      Now about that Velcro.... WE have dual duty Car harness/Walkin Harness thingys that MOM Made fur Ernie and Me... Even with as hard as ERNIE pulls... as long as DAD puts it on RIGHT... we have NEVER had any trouble with it not holding. Dad got Ernie's on once... with the Velcro only Half way in place.. and it did come loose a little bit... ALSO... with VELCRO vs.. buckle... there is some Built in.. adjustableness. Just sayin.

      ReplyDelete
    5. OH.... I furgot to say that the time Dad didn't get it on right... Ernie was STILL totally safe beclaws the other set of velcro DID hold him nice and secure... until mom got the Chest pawt... pressed together Straight. No worries.

      ReplyDelete
    6. That dress is gorgeous and you are as cute as ever in it.

      Millie

      ReplyDelete
    7. Oh, we love Lilibell and Chewy!
      Your dress is so beautiful, we don't know how Nadine makes such gorgeous clothes for dogs - they are better than human clothes!
      You look divine Nola.
      Dip Bridge and Elliot x

      ReplyDelete
    8. What pretty stuff! My Lily has a very similar dress
      Snorts,
      Benny & Lily

      ReplyDelete
    9. Diva Shasta here - O-M-D! GURLLLLLL, u iz one cute diva lady in that dress. I went over tue Lilibell's Couture an'all her purty thingz r tue small fur either of us Beaglebratz an'velcro wood just not werk - egspeshally fur Shiloh :( . BUTT fur such a little lady az yourself - u r WERKIN'IT GOOD!
      Diva Shasta

      ReplyDelete
    10. Your sure look beautiful in our harness

      ReplyDelete
    11. You look stunning. Our Lady is sad these things don't come in big for us (we are not as sad). Have a great day. Lee and Phod

      ReplyDelete
    12. Oh, pretty dresses! My fiance isn't really into putting Elka in non-utilitarian clothes, though. Of course, Elka's chest is far larger than 16 inches (her neck is 15)!

      ReplyDelete
    13. What a great idea! I need this. I have a few dresses but mom can't put on my harness with them because there isn't a place to hook my leash. I love the polka dots, cuuuute.

      ReplyDelete
    14. We will have to check it out for the Grandpuppy. He is an Italian Greyhound and very small. ~Tuiren & Scylla

      ReplyDelete
    15. Ooohh, that's a really smart idea! I love the matching boy/girl outfits, so sweet!
      You look lovely in that gorgeous dress, Nola! So cute.

      xoxo
      Marquie, Lassie & Petal

      ReplyDelete
    16. Oh my goodness, you are super cute!!!! Maybe the seller will take away some friendly notes about adding buckles/snaps to her close to accommodate our bustier weiner dogs.

      ReplyDelete
    17. Oh my goshies, how ADORABLE! Definitely too cute for words. ;)

      Woofs & huggies! <3

      ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

      ReplyDelete
    18. What a GREAT outfit! Nola has Auggie tried to wear it yet?
      Kisses
      Nellie

      ReplyDelete
    19. I love that there is a harness clip on the dress! Too bad I just have boys - I'd love to dress up my doxies in beautiful girly clothes!

      ReplyDelete
    20. Nola you look absolutely fabulous in that dress!

      I wish they made those for bigger dogs. I'd totally get one... Or six.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for commenting!