Thursday, February 21, 2013

Another Farm Tour

     Hi, all! I had nothing new to post about, so I figured I'd give y'all another tour of the little farm.
A couple weeks ago we got 6 chicks, so that makes:
1 ME
3 Minions
2 cats
1 cockatiel
7 pheasants
3 peafowl
18 chickens
2 ducks
4 goats (three of which we will be selling)

    Crazy!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nol
Male pheasant (left) and Raja

Eggs!




We get anywhere from 8 to 14 eggs a day. 

The twins will be 2 weeks old on Saturday!

The pain in the ass ducks

Our purty rose

Female pheasant. One of them escaped the day before yesterday, and we caught her last night. 

Dachshund Mommy: Of course, Nola is incredibly well behaved around the fowl. Around the goats (you know, the animals that could easily kill her), she's a barking menace. True to the Doxie standard; "brave to the point of brash".

The goat's house

Goat pen

Chicken nuggets  baby chicks

Daisy likes Mom's camera strap. 



Daisy meets a chick

Ducks again



"Damn goat is a bigger camera hog that I am" And yes, that's my spine you can see. No, I'm not underweight. ;)

"The girls"



Freaky, isn't she? Her name is RedNeck 

What we frequently go out and see

ME with a peahen 

Yup, tomatoes in February. 

22 comments:

  1. I wish you were closer - I'm in the market for a goat!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love your little farm--i wish you were my neighbor, we'd have a blast. The goats have gotten so BIG already. The ducks in the pool just "quack" me up. Thanks for sharing your precious "farm life" :) We are waiting for the big snow storm to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your farm tours. What an adventure you're on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandfather had a peahen and a peacock (among other animals) when I was growing up. My grandmother hated them because she said they were messy. I thought they were hilarious. They would stare at themselves in a mirror at the barn all day long!! So vain!

    Mamma hearbeat

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun menagerie you have. We had chickens and I miss having them. They were fun, and I loved the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun place to hang around. What do you do with all those eggs everyday?

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's amazing! I would love to have your life. The chicks are too darn cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nola....
    I've been a stranger in these parts of Blogville--again!!--it feels so good to be back!! ;-D
    "Crazy" should have been listed as number 5!! Hee, hee, hee.... ;)
    "Chicken nuggets/baby chicks". Crack. Me. Up!! ;-D
    I love farm animals!! As a city girl, they remind me of my childhood trips to our local Summer Fair!! Cows, pigs, roosters, and so forth!! ;op
    Love, Raelyn.... Plus Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom misses our goats so badly, and me, I miss rolling in the goat poop! BOL!! BTW, my mom almost spit her water out when she read chicken nuggets!! So funny!! Loved your farm!!

    ~Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  10. We wouldn't mind joining you on the farm
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. :-D Oh, I'd love to live on your farm Nola! I'd be a barking menace as well though, or until I was completely used to all the animals and noises! Weren't you going to keep one of the babies too? The tomatoes look delicious!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love our tours of your farm and all the animals. Mum would love to live somewhere like that instead of a suburb in England, boo!
    Ohhhhh, those baby goats are so cute.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nola your neighbors must be very tolerant of those goats! Dose things are noisy around here!

    Mason

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a great tour. We love seeing the kids, Posy and Clover. We have to go for walks to see animals. Don't think we'd behave around the birds, though.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tour. You are lucky to have all those animals. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing! We did not realize that you had such a collection of friends...NICE!!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness - what a farm!!!!! Love the eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Typist now wants a farm! Well she has always wanted a farm but reading your updates, she really really wants a farm!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have quite the big beautiful family there Nola! It looks like lots of fun, happy times... and work! We are testing out our brand new blogger account with fingers triple crossed, and feeling hopeful that we will finally be able to leave you some happy weekend wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yous guys has quite the farm going on! Does yous guys eat lots of eggs? My hairy slobbery sisters LOVES them
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!