Thursday, January 17, 2013

January Photo Challenge: Week1 & 2 (and two extra days cuz I liked the pics)

     Hi, everyone! Dachshund Mommy here. First and foremost, keep those heeling vibes and Power Of The Paw headed to Nola's BFFF Lily Belle (click her name to go to her blog) and Lily's momma Kim.
Lily and Kim, we're here for you and all our fingers and paws are crossed for you. We love y'all! {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}


     Since piece-of-shit-pain-in-the-ass-Mediacom (acronym for that will be POSPITAM) didn't fix our internet last week, I have to double up for this week January Photo a Day Challenge post. Since we have yet to hear back from the supervisor/boss/whatever of the guy who broke our TV, we have to call them today. Now, won't that be fun? I think I'll take everyone's suggestion of letting Nola growl and bark at them on the phone. ;)


    The rest of the peeps and I took Nola and Phoenix to the beach (pics coming Monday; our header picture is from yesterday) and guess what? Our tire on The Pimpin' Doxie Mobile blew. So that was a fun 3 hour wait with one excited, ditzy puppy and one hyperactive 2 year old (Nola. Duh.) who had not had any exercise or training that day, so she was practically spazzing out. *shudder*.

    We're having a dramatic temperature change; from high 70s to 54 for the high. We've already had record breaking high temps this year (all two weeks of it), so it'll be nice for a cold spell.


     Well, now that I've rambled on for a good while, here's weeks one and two of the January Photo a Day Challenge. Which of these is your favorite?

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy
Day 1: Today
Day 2: Something new
We finally got a new oven after our $30 one finally broke. We got our money out of it, that's for sure.
Day 3: Heart
My heart dog with the heart shaped face standing on a heart
Day 4: The view from here
I like the composition of this picture. I'm not sure why.
Day 5: Movement
My first attempt at panning= epic fail
Day 6: Mine

Day 7: Street
Day 8: Something beginning with "T"
My teckel, of course!
Day 9: Paper
Day 10: 1 o'clock
Day 11: Water
Day 12: Suprise
The internet guy breaking the tv was on hell of a surprise, that's for damn sure!

Day 13: Circle
Day 14: Something yellow
My cockatiel, Blue

Day 15: An ordinary moment
So ordinary, but so precious. This is one of my favorite pictures, ever.

Day 16: Two things
Two of my favorite things; Nola and the beach












21 comments:

  1. Hi Nola & Dachshund Mommy,
    Well, today's another day. I'm still not feeling myself so we appreciate the shout-out for more POTP! I want to feel better so I am taking my medicine like a good girl should. I know with everyones good wishes, it's only a matter of time. (And yes, Mommy and Daddy are still very worried about me. Sometimes they drive me crazy tho.)

    Your pictures today are beautiful! We really love seeing you on the beach. I wish I was with you to run and play and dip my paws in the water.

    We're having beautiful weather here this morning so maybe, just maybe the pawrents will let me lay ourside in the sun for a little bit. I always love the warmth on my belly.

    Muffin is being a good little sister and is constantly checking on me.

    Mommy said I have to go lay down for a bit now. My medicine should be kicking in any minute now and I'll be counting sheep very, very sooooooonnnnn......

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Nola pictures- especially the heart one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's got to be you on the beach, but fur sure all of them are great.

    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  4. We missed the news about Lily so we will have to visit her too. All paws crossed

    All your pics are beautiful, but our fav is the last one of Nola at the beach.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos as always Nola's Mom! I absolutely adore your new header too! Hm, I hope that the internet guy's company will be replacing your broken tv...wtf?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are just beautiful pictures..well..except the tv.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all lovely, it's hard to choose but my favourites this week are the view from here because it is atmospheric and something yellow because it makes me feel happy.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! I love the idea of the photo challenge, but know myself well enough to admit that I would not be able to keep up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving all of these pictures, but day 15 is definitely my absolute favorite. Such a sweet and loving moment beautifully captured.

    I love your new header! Nola has the most amazing Dachshund body. I have to say, before seeing Nola, and Chester and Gretel from You Did What With Your Weiner, I had never seen a Dachshund that wasn't overweight! Sad, but true.

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love the Nola in sand one best...just because we love Nola AND sand.

    Glad the weather didn't change last week when SHE was in Orlando doing the rounds of the theme parks.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dachshund Mommy....
    I love, love, love Nola's new Header Picture!! What were her eyes so fixated on? Fish? Duck? ;)
    My favorite picture? Day 3. Heart. ;op
    Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As much as we like the new stove, the Nola pictures are best! :)

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Day 6 gets our vote (they are all good, tho). We just luv those doxie eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your header. We love the water picture and circles and all the close ups of that beautiful face. We went and visited poor Lily Belle and I am crossing paws for her to get better.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would not call your first attempt at panning an epic fail. I like it! Part of what I love about it is that it conveys motion and franticness! I also love the POV of that window photo. It's a cool one. But, as always, Nola's eyes take the cake for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures. Day 6 is my favorite. She has beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I CANNOT pick this week. I have too many favorites...3, 4, 6, 8, 13, 14, 15. I was going to try to pick, but then I said, "No! I will not pick."

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pictures. Love the one on the heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!