Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's My 2nd Gotcha Day!

     Yup, you read that right! Two years ago today, I came to live with my furever family! Since Mom's all emotional and leaky eyed, I guess I'll turn it over to her (paws crossed that's not a mistake!).




     Two years. Wow. I know people always say "I can't believe it's been x years! I feel like it was just yesterday.", but I truly do feel like it was just yesterday I brought home my tiny (2lb) puppy, never dreaming she'd turn into the beautiful, smart, famous (kinda, LOL!) girl she's become. 
I can recall every detail of the night Nola came home, call back every single emotion I felt; the excitement, the joy, the instant connection. I remember that very first night I hardly slept at all, like a kid on Christmas that was too excited to sleep. But I wasn't anticipating anything, for I had the best gift I could imagine (and I still think I do).
Nola's first night home

So tiny!

     Nola has made me see life in a different way, and made me live it in a way I never had before. Nola's taught me to never, ever give up. She's taught me that sometimes you just have to let go and act like an absolute moron, because if you go through life all serious and ho-hum, you're not living. Life's about having fun, as cliche as it sounds. 
She's taught me to see beauty in everything, no matter how small and insignificant.
She's taught me that all it takes to light a fire of determination is a single spark of passion. 
She's taught me to have patience, something I had 0 of (and, admittedly, still don't have a ton of) before. 
She's taught me to enjoy the simple things in life, like a romp on the beach or good homemade food
She's taught me to try to forgive and forget, and if I can't, that's okay. 

     Nola came into my life during a very, very difficult time. I am not exaggerating when I say I don't know who I'd be if I didn't have Nola. I probably wouldn't be a very nice person. 



     Nola was my Christmas present from my mom. I've never really thanked her, really thanked her, for the incredible gift she gave me. 
Mom, I cannot put into words how much Nola means to me, or how much it means to me that you gave her to me. Thank you.



     Nola is what I call a "heart dog". A dog like no other, a once in a life time friendship. There will never be another dog in my life like Nola. Never. Nola's left her little paw prints on my heart, and they'll stay there forever, even when Nola is no longer with me in body (God willing that is a LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG time away). 


     This dog has given me more grief, worry, grey hairs and sometimes frustration than I ever thought possible. But, she's given me a bond I'm unable to describe, though I'll never stop trying. She sparked my passion for photography, and for writing. She's given me kisses, snuggles and a helping paw when I needed it most. She's given me laughs, more than I can count. Most of all, she's given me the incredible privilege of calling her my dog. I love you, Noly Bean. 


     Well, now that I'm bawling (tears of happiness!) over my computer I should probably wrap this up. :)


     I want to thank all of you, Blogville, for letting me share my life with my crazy, fun loving Doxie. 

Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy
P.S. Yes, I know it's B&W Sunday, but it's a very special day! So I'm just posting the blog hop below. I know, against the rules, but I'm the inventor of B&W Sunday and one of the co hosts so I make the rules. ;)

43 comments:

  1. OMD, OMD, OMD!!! I can't believe it Nola! Two whole years, that does seem like furever ago.

    We too are all sappy eyed over here with the news. My Mommy (like yours) is dripping away with tears of happiness for you all. Of course, we share in your excitment because, after all, we became Bestest of Furends Furever! And between you and me, furever is gonna be a long, long, long, time! And I LOVE that thought!

    So to my BFF, I (we) wish you a very happy Gotcha Day sweetie!

    Much love,
    Lily Belle & the Gang

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Happy Gotcha day to both of you. Here's hoping you have like 87 hundred more. It's good to be loved and give love, casue thats what we doggies do best. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY GOTCHA DAY. We are also blessed to know you, cause we smile every time we see that face pop up on the puter!!!!

    Your Pals
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. Reading your story, reminded me a little of my story with Roxy. I hope you have many many more years together. Dogs are the best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nola,

    Happy Gotcha Day.
    We love visiting your page each time we come here.
    We know your smiling little face will greet us.
    Happy Happy Day.


    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Gotcha Day,dear Nola! I hope you have a fantastic day.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Gotcha Day Nola! It's okay to break the rules once in a while for such a special occasion. You do have a very sweet black and white picture of the paw in the hand so I think it still counts for a Black & White Sunday post.

    Cindy & Millie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woof! Woof! Happy Happy 2nd Gotcha Day!Have a wonderful day. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post. I can feel your love for Nola shining through. Happy Gotcha Day, Nola!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy gotcha day!!! It really is amazing how much joy, laughter and tears they bring into our life, and ....hey, it's okay to break the rules sometimes. Enjoy your day together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 2nd Gotcha day Nola!
    Today is a very special day in Slimmer Pugland today, too.
    Mimi Roo is 3 years old today.
    Wesa wish you many, many, many more gotcha days with your mommy.
    Much Luvums,
    The Slimmer Puggums
    George, Gracie, Toby, Lily, & Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, Happy Gotcha Day Nola.
    You were such a sweet little puppy.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAPPY HAPPY GOTCHA DAY TO YOU NOLA AND TO YOUR MOM... BECLAWS YOU GOT HER TWO YEARS AGO, ALSO.

    We of Blogville are so very much happy that you moved to town.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Happy Happy Gotcha Day Nola gurl!! Blogville just wouldn't be the sames with out your beautifuls face.
    Ma totally understands the 'heart dog' thingy, Ma calls it 'doggie soulmate'.

    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well seeing its your Gotcha Day, I guess its ok to tear down the walls, break the rules and celebrate. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Gotcha Day, Nola! Sounds like you were the perfect match!

    XXXoOO Daisy, Bella &Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Momma got my Momma all sniffly too reading this beautiful tribute to you. Nola, your Mom sure loves you lots! :)

    HAPPY 2ND GOTCHA DAY, NOLA!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a beautiful post. They really have a way of changing your life for the better.
    Happy gotcha day! Enjoy many, many more years together!

    P.S. I am loving your new header picture! So pretty and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Gotcha Day to Nola, and a very big happy day to Mom too - it is so easy to tell how much you love Nola, and how deep the bond between you is.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Gotcha Day Nola! What a beautiful story from your Mommy. You are so special and so loved. We are lucky pups. I hope you have a great day.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Gotcha Day, Nola! What a beautiful tribute your Mom has written you. Dogs teach us so much, if we are willing to listen. Good on you, Nola, for filling that Nola shaped space in your Momma's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nola....
    Wow, you Mommy is a good writer!! ;)
    "Sometimes you just have to let go and act like an absolute moron, because if you go through life all serious and ho-hum, you're not living. Life's about having fun, as cliché as it sounds.". Very good. Very, very, very good. ;-D
    "See beauty in everything, no matter how small and insignificant.". That's deep.
    "Enjoy the simple things in life.". Yeah!!
    Happy Gotcha Day!! I am so glad to have "met" you through Blogville!! ;op
    Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!


    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww - a very Happy Gotcha Day !
    What a beautiful post!
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy 2nd Gotcha Day, Nola! I am really glad you got such a good mom who loves you oh so much :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. There is something so special about those heart dogs isn't there? I love that Nola is so adored. She is one lucky girl. Happy Gotcha Day Nola!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Happy Birthday, Nola!

    Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Gotcha Day, Nola!
    -Mister

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw, that is such a nice tribute to you Nola! Yes, you are a very special heart dog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Gotcha Day, Nola Bean!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. A furry good furend told me, If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun! Nola yous is gorgeous on Black and white and in Color and Happy and Gottcha Day!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy 2nd Gotcha Day Nola! What a wonderful story. I love your little puppy paws! I hope you had a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Gotcha Day Nola! Your mom's post had us tearing up too, it was so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Gotcha Day. My eyes are leaking too. I know about the kind of bond that you're writing about... but my canine partner is gone. So, from my heart, I hope that you keep enjoying and treasuring every day! With a heart dog, every day is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy Gotcha Day, Nola and Nola's Family!

    A beautiful post!

    Blogville loves you all.

    Keep on wagging,
    Tootsie

    ReplyDelete
  34. First off we are going to say we are sorry up front cos we are always breaking rules here on blogspot..like black and white sunday and wordless wednesday....my robot mom didn't really understand about the rules. Second what an adorable little 2 lbs puppy...2 lbs. we laughed cos i probably weighted that at birth (cos you know that is how pugs are supposed to look!) nola is sure beautiful and I can tell she has been a true blue gift to you and I am sure a thousand times over that you in turn are a gift to her!
    Stella Rose

    ReplyDelete
  35. That was very touching. Happy 2nd gotcha day. They do make us better people. Bless nola

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you for sharing!! What a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!