Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday Mischief: A Visitor and I Like Pie

     Hi, everyone! We have a new "neighbor", and you'll never guess who (or what) he is!


     He's a flying squirrel!!! Isn't he cute?! He lives in the oak tree right in front of our house. We discovered him on Thanksgiving morning, after he'd been squeaking outside the window all night! We've nicknamed him Squeakers.
Can you spot him in the below photo?
Me neither. I don't think he's in this picture, BOL






     I have something of a confession to make.
Wanna hear what I did?

But first, let me set the scene.
It's Wednesday morning, and my Sweetie made four pumpkin pies to take to my Grandpa's house that evening. She went outside (and the Minions went out with her),  leaving two of the pies on our dinning room table to cool. Mom stepped out of the kitchen to go get dressed, and next thing she hears is a big commotion coming from the kitchen. I had climbed onto the table and knocked both pies onto the floor and started eating them!!! I ate nearly a whole pie and stuck my nose in the second before they were taken from my custody.
This was all that was left of one pie
And my nose prints in the other one

LOL I was naughty


     Dachshund Mommy: I was FLOORED when Nola did this. She has never in the nearly two years I've had her stolen food off the table. NEVER. Food stealing is more Auggie's thing and Nola's generally the best behaved of the bunch. Not that day, apparently! 
She did not get sick at all from consuming nearly an entire pie (remember that Nola is only 8lbs). My girl normally has a bit of a sensitive stomach, but of course eating a whole pie wouldn't bother her. Lets just say her poop was easy to spot after she ate the pie. Like bright orange easy to spot.

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola





23 comments:

  1. BOL, that is the best mischief that I have read today!!! Way to go, and your smile tell us how yummy the pie was!! BOL!!

    ~Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you just how hard we are all laughing over here. Our bellies are jiggling like crazy. We are so surprised at you Miss Nola! We do have to give you credit for going after the good stuff tho.

    We know all about orange poop! We frequently get pumpkin in our food.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool we never saw flying squirrel before. We love pie too
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nola,

    We hope Santa doesn't find out.

    Happy Holidays to you.

    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy you didn't get sick....I don't think I could even eat that much....bet it was good though....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol - good job Nola! I know why you didn't get sick - cause it was PUMPKIN pie! It's good for you! Plus I also hear that any food consumed for any holiday is calorie free and also will not make you sick no matter how much of it you eat! ;)

    Good trick with the "where's the squirrel picture" - I was actually looking for it when I finally read the caption! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom gives me a spoonful of real pumpkin everyday to help with my glands so i guess eating a whole pumpkin pie would help you like for a whole month or something like that...wowzer!! thank you for all your kind comments to my blog page about my brother sammer.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, how cool a flying squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Score, Nola!!!! But maybe next time leave some for Mom too:) So good that you didn't get sick. We got a tiny taste of the pumpkin pie here - we will have to remember this story next time there are pumpkin pies on the table:)

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bahahahaha! Pumpkin is good for digestions, right Nola?!

    Squeakers is really cute. No hunting him, mmmkay?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flying squirrels are so cute. How lucky you are to have one living right outside your door.

    ReplyDelete
  12. BOL Nola!!! All I can say is...... BRAVO!

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, I can't believe she didn't get sick from eating the pie. That is one lucky girl! Glad she didn't have diarrhea, that would of been very colorful all over your house:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMD! OMD! Nola, you are my hero! I SO dream of doing somethin' like that!! How in the worlds did you gets your short leggies up onto the tables??? Super K-9 powers?? Levitation?? Oh, give it up gurl!! Gots to know!

    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Nola, I hope it was GOOD because your mom isn't going to leave pies in your reach again :)

    Loved the photo that the flying squirrel wasn't in! I stared and stared until I read the caption!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never saw a flying squirrel before -- he is so cute!

    And that must have been some super delicious pie to inspire such mischief Nola :) I am glad you didn't get a tummy ache!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow I've never had a whole pie to myself - was it worth being read the riot act??!

    ReplyDelete
  18. BOL! This was certainly unexpected! Thank goodness staying away from pumpkin pies wasn't one of the tests to be a CGC! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowzers Nola! That takes the cake....I mean pie! That's the best mischief ever! I love your new neighbor Squeakers too. I've never seen a flying squirrel before and he's kind of cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol, my dog Shiner likes to steal whole cakes, cupcakes, pies, packages of cookies and more... She had a slice of pumpkin pie the day after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!