Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dachshund Nola Reviews: TidNips

I'm a pro at this posing stuff.
   
     Hi, everyone! A few days ago I got an email from Brent at Chewy.com (we at Dachshund Nola love Chewy.com) asking me if I'd like to do a review of Canidae's TidNips treats. I said hell yeah (well, not in those words but you get my general idea.)!

     But before I get to the review, I just want to let y'all know that we'll be going up to Richmond, VA early Thursday morning (for a funeral) and come back on Sunday. I'll continue with my daily posts (of course), and try to comment as much as possible, but if you don't hear from me that's why! Don't furget me!

Please don't furget me! I'm too cute for such an injustice.
Mom loves this picture
Dachshund Mommy: No food or anything is used here. This is the way Nola looks at me. Aww.

     Back to the review! I picked out the chicken, turkey, lamb and salmon  variety. I absolutely loved these treats! They rank right up there with Zuke's, if that gives you any indication. They're made with pretty stellar ingredients, too. Take a look:

Chicken, Turkey, Potato, Lamb, Brown Rice, Vegetable Glycerine, Oats, Salmon, Carrots, Peas, Molasses, Potato Starch, Cranberries, Salt, Natural Smoke Flavor, Garlic Powder, Sodium Bisulfate, Flax Seed, Sorbic Acid , Citric Acid, Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary.

     And they're made in the USA! Pretty cool, huh!

PROS:
Good ingredients; no corn, soy or by-products, ect
Smell great-to me and Mom!
Decent price for the quality; about the same as Zuke's for about the same size
Resealable bag
High value, which makes them a great training treat
Made in the USA
If you go with Chewy.com, incredibly fast shipping and stellar customer service!

CONS:
Size. They're too big to give to me whole, so Mom cuts a whole one up into about 15 pieces. But remember, I'm tiny at 7 1/2-8lbs.

They contain garlic powder. People seem to be on the fence about garlic, but studies have shown that garlic (in large quantities or over a long period of time) can cause damage to red blood cells.

They don't have a grain free option. Not a deal breaker for us, but it might be for some people.

     Overall, we loved these treats! Head over to Chewy.com to get some!
Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola


I hear the collective "aww!"

Take note of the small, fox-like nose in the upper left corner. 



Cruel bitch  training focused Mom made me wait

This is what Mom does to the whole treat


21 comments:

  1. Well, no wonder why Muffin and I are FAT! Daddy would have given us like 2 or 3 of those treats. They sure do look yummy tho Nola.

    We're sorry to hear about the trip to Virginia.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish your trip would have been under happier circumstances.

    I agree with Lily. Dad loves to stuff us full of anything edible. Mom makes up for it and starves us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review...glad to see that they are made here in the US. Sorry about your trip. Oh, and I agree with that AWWWWW:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Sorry to hear that you have to go to a funeral. We could never forget you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about the funeral, hope everyones ok.
    Those treaties look amazin'!!! I could eats, like, 5 at a time!! Yummers! Thanks for the review!

    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to read about the funeral. I am at them often sadly, I work at a FH.

    Those treats look interesting. Nothing like living in a small town where options are .. beyond limited. I'll have to see if I can find them when I go to the valley next. I am not much of an online buyer myself. :)

    XoXo's
    Sarah & le Weens
    http://doxiejibberish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so lucky Nola, you are always getting treats to review :)
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Richmond! You should look up Stuart of the Scottie Chronicles.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like these things are good for big dogs. We need grain free too
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. bwhaha, love the second to last photo caption ;)

    Slobbers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look yummy! I'll have to get my mommy to look for them.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  12. MMMMMMM, yummy. We will have to get some.
    Be safe with all the storm stuff. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  13. Safe travels and hurry home. The treats sound yummy but we are a No Chicken Army.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Mom is awesome! I'm picturing her breaking those treats up into 15 pieces:)

    Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nola, thank you for your quality review. My Mommy cuts most of my treats up, I am kind of funny that way.

    Loveys Sasha

    Happy Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  16. Howdy Nola, those treats looks delicious. You're a lucky girl to test them out. Oh and we didn't realise what a tiny little sweetie pie you are. Eight pounds? Wowza, you could ride around on top of Rory for ever and ever and he wouldn't get tired hehehe. See ya soon. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  17. We would never forget you, I am brand new to your blog and I'm already hooked so you ave nothing to fear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We could not forget that "awww" face! Happy Halloween! Great review on TidNips!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so sorry that you have to go to VA for a funeral. :-( I have to admit I'm a little jealous you get such good stuff to review! Lucky!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!