Thursday, October 18, 2012

Better, Awards and Contest

     Hi, everyone! It's ME, Nola back on the blog! I'm feeling much better; I'm ordering around the minions, stealing toys, looking at myself in the mirror (Dachshund Mommy: I swear to you, she really was), barking, following Mom and acting about 85% back to normal. I'm still a little tired, but I'm eating again. It's not my normal amount, maybe half of what I normally eat but at least I'm showing interest in food! Thank y'all so much for all your well wishes and crossed paws, they helped so much.

Thank you for the POTP!


     I've gotten not one, but TWO awards! First off is probably my favorite, just because of the name, from my handsome little furiend Higgins! Thanks, my furiend! May I present to you, the prestigious Devious, Clever, Genius Blog award (finally, an award that perfectly describes ME!)

award
Th

     I must pass this award on to 5 other bloggers. That's tough, but here we go!

  1. Two Collies and a Mutt
  2. The Furries of Whisppy
  3. Wiener Tales/All The Small Stuff
  4. Spotty, Spotty, Polkadotty
  5. My BBFF(Beautiful Best Furiend Furever) Lily Belle


     The second award is from Tucker of Tucker Tells All and it is the One Sweet Blog award. Thanks, Tucker!




     The rules state to pass this award on to 5 other bloggers, but since I'm lazy I pass both of these awards on to the blogs listed above.





     I have a furry exciting announcement to make! I'm hosting my furry first contest! A Halloweenie costume contest!
It's part of The Dog Halloween Contest hosted by DogFenceDIY.com and runs till Nov. 1st, upon where I will choose 1 winner and post everyone's photos for y'all to see. The prize is a $25 gift card to Target so your peeps can get something for YOU!
Not only that, but after my contest is over everyone's photos will go to the main contest page here where you can vote for your favorite (promoting your picture on your blog/Facebook/Twitter is fine!) and the pup with the most votes wins a $500 Target gift card! It's a win-win.
It's fun to dress up!

     How do you enter? Easy! Just shoot me an email with a picture of you (or you and your siblings/minions) wearing your best costume! Send it to nolabuggy@gmail.com and I'll reply letting you know I got it.
Please include in your email:

  • Your name and the names of any dog in your photo
  • Your breed or breed mix, gender and age
  • Your blog addy
  • What you're dressed as
   

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola


21 comments:

  1. hey Nola,

    Congratulations on your pawsome awards! Very well deserved! And congrats to the wonderful blogs you passed your awards on to.

    Your contest sounds SO fun! I hope my human will let me enter. I can't wait to see all the pics of the dogs in costume. Fun times! :->

    I am furry sorry to read that you have been ill. I am sending you lots of positive and healing thoughts, and my paws are crossed for your continued healing. Get well soon, sweetie!

    Suka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see everyone dressed up in their clever costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are feeling better. Sometimes I look at my reflection too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to you are feeling better ! I still haven't found the right costume....I better get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mommy and I are so glad you are feeling better. I don't know about wearing a costume though. We might give it a try.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so happy you are feeling better Nola. And congratulations on those cool awards. We sent you one also
    Benny and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Nola! I hope you're feeling all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your awards, Nola and thank you for passing them on to us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank goodness gracious that you are feeling much better Nola! You had us all worried over here. Now we just got to get you eatting that delicious home cooked food once again.

    Thanks for the awards. Mommy promises to try and get to it, but since she's packing and working on holiday cards and everything else she has to do before Florida, who knows just how much will actually get done....

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so happy to see you are up and around and feeling better Nola - look, we are all wagging our tails!
    Congrats on your awards :)
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your getting better. Will yell at Mom to get our Pictures!

    Your Furiends
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, thank Dog you are feelin' betters Nola!! I was startin' to worry abouts you!!
    I would enter your contests, but I only have my furs, I don't much like wearin' stuffs, so Ma stopped tryin'.

    Kisses,

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you were feeling sicky Nola! :( We HAVE to enter your contest!

    Slobbers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your awards. We're so happy you're feeling better and are getting over the erkies.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nola, we are so happy to hear you are beginning to feel better. We hope you are soon 100%. Congrats on those great awards.

    We don't think Mom is going to do Halloween costumes this year for us, but we can't wait to see all those who participate.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad that you are feeling better! I haven't been checking all of the blogs I normally do and I am afraid I didn't realize you were under the weather!

    Congratulations and also thank you for the award! Blueberry sends you snuggles and hugs to speed your recovery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad your feeling better Nola! Congratulation on your awards! We're a little behind on ours (again!) The halloween contest sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so happy you are feeling better Nola. Congratulations on your awards.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you are feeling better mate. You comp. sounds fun! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Our lady and us are so glad you are feeling better! Congrats on your awards! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!