Monday, September 3, 2012

Some Answers, My Cross Dressing Brother and Class Sign

     Hi, everyone!  Happy Labor Day! I've got quite a bit to cover today, so lets get right to it!

Warning: this post contains some swearing and cross dressing, and may be offensive to some puppies. Viewer discretion is advised (I've always wanted to say that!)

     First, my good friends over at What Remains Now asked some questions on the training post I did last week. They asked Mom:
What was the hardest trick or behavior to teach Nola and if you think you know why, why? 
The hardest thing to teach Nola was "down"! She usually picks up easy commands (sit, touch, wait, ect) within a few minutes but teaching "down" took THREE WEEKS!!!! No other command or trick took that long. I know exactly what I was doing wrong with teaching this too. 
I tried to teach Nola "down" like you'd teach a tall dog, by quickly moving the treat between her front legs. Obviously, with Nola being a Dachshund, she dropped her head to get the treat while remaining standing.  So finally, 3 weeks later, I had the idea to try and teach Nola "down" on the edge of my bed. Worked perfectly!

Has there been any tricks or behaviors that you know Nola knows, but she refuses to do them or "plays dumb"?
Nola frequently plays dumb when I ask her to walk nicely at the beach. I think it's 'cause when we're there she expects to be off leash and doesn't get why sometimes I can't let her off.

How do Auggie and Boston do with training?
Honestly, I don't do hardly any training with Boston or Auggie. Auggie has zero focus, none at all. And Boston isn't motivated by food or toys, and gets distracted with praise so it's very slow going. And of course, little miss steal the show always barges in when I'm trying to train the minion and does whatever command I'm trying to get the other two to do. Sigh. 
I'd possibly trust Boston off leash, but NEVER Auggie. That dog follows his nose and tunes out everything else.

       What Remains Now also requested to see Auggie in some of his cross dressing outfits, so here ya go!


Oh no. I just KNOW where this is going.

Hello? I'M the girl here.

And a gawjuss one at that!

Dachshund Mommy: I swear to you, Nola was literally shaking her head here.

Mom. I expect better from you. Young pups read my blog!

Little mr (miss?) attention whore

He has the balls to... oh wait, he doesn't have those any more!

*snicker* me and my sister

Auggie in MY dress.

What are you, some cheap hooker? All winky winky like that

Yup. I'm still cuter! And female.


Have y'all heard about the Blogville Back to School Bash? No? Well, go check it out! It'll be so pawsome! Because I will be teaching TWO classes! The BBTSB will be on September 12th.
Yup, that's right! I'll be teaching Modeling AND Minion Ruling! If you'd like to come to MY class, then tell me below in a comment.
Here's the outline for our classes:

MODELING:
1) Prep
2) On the JOB
3) Postions
4) Interview with a top model (ME!) along with pointers for beginners.

Minion Ruling:
1) What's a minion?
2) Ruling techniques
3) Status
4) Be firm but not really fair

So if you wanna join MY classes, just let me know! For any GUYS (or girls) in my class, don't let my GAWJUSS self distract you. Too much ;)

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola






25 comments:

  1. Nola, you're a doxie and a half! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you posted that warning at the beginning of your blog today Nola! Mommy wouldn't let us look at Boston all "dressed up" like that. Butt, she was laughing her hiney off over it!

    We love you all so much because you continually make us laugh!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Blossom & Sawyer did basic training (which we need to repeat, ha) the instructor told me that "down" is the hardest command for dachshunds. It has to do with them being low to the floor, if I remember correctly. We did have a hard time with it but managed to accomplish the feat long enough to graduate from puppy-k!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my the things our mom's put us through, you did make us laugh though. Down is a hard command for little dogs to learn. Our Ping never did get down, even with the dog trainer luring her in puppy k and trying ever trick in the book. They still let her graduate though because she did everything else

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knowing at least one cross dresser in real life, I'd say that Auggie pulls it off pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nola,

    You're so funny buddy - having to share the spotlight, hey? Don't worry you're still a cutie!!

    I get mistaken for a Girlie all the time, hardly surprising when Mum puts bows in my hair!! Doh!!

    Wags to all,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to express yourself, Auggie. You just go ahead and let that beautiful lady out, we knows how much you enjoys it! Surely you no is the first lady dog to be trapped in a man dog's body.

    Love,
    Reuben

    ReplyDelete
  8. Auggie, you look fabulous!! Don't let Nola tease you!! You'd look so cute walking with Lorenza!!

    -Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Auggie is so funny! Strangely he looks better in those dresses than the girls. Thanks for the smiles :)
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Auggie! Hahahahaha. You do make a very pretty shim!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BOL! Auggie, I think you make a fabulous street walker!!hehehe

    Oooo, Nola, I want to be part of your Modeling class!!! Sign me up! I would like to learn from the best!

    Kisses,

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is Auggie going to be the model?

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    Sign us up for your class.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor Auggie!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Auggie. You're the prettiest boy I've ever seen! Beckett and Brady would not let me dress them in their sister's dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are coming to class with Miss Nola!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darn, Domeek is now going to try your "on the bed down"...I've been anti-down for months! Hehehe on the dress up! My brothers would love to take your Minion Ruling class! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sure you all have different "pawsonallities"
    I love to see Auggie wearing dresses!
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great post. How do I explain to my husband why I'm exploding with laughter. I just told him I'm reading a funny blog post. No reason to go into the whole Auggie thing. Auggie, you are still the king (or queen) of cross-dressing. Really enjoyed your answers to the training questions. So interesting. Freedom, Casper & Nikki would like to attend the modeling class and Freedom is up for minion ruling.

    ReplyDelete
  19. you look good no matter what!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello dear Nola, i missed you!!!!
    Well, you're both amazing little girls :)
    have a nice week.
    Woof, woof,

    Chicco

    ReplyDelete
  21. The cheap hooker comment is killing our mom. She is deaded on the floor right now. Just sayin'

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Cinnamon is just like Boston - zero focus and NOTHING motivates her! Even my whappings has been resisted!
    KIsses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nola....
    Wow. Have you seen "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows"? When Robert Downey Jr. wears this dress and makeup? He has nothing against Auggie!! Hee, hee, hee.... ;op
    Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think you look GREAT Auggie!! But then again, I do have a soft spot for little cream colored boy doxies... :)

    Miss Amy & Jasper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!