Friday, September 14, 2012

September Photo Challenge: Week One

     Hi, everyone! Dachshund Mommy here with week one of the September Photo A Day Challenge. I know it's technically the second week, but I didn't have a week's worth of pictures till the 8th, which was a Saturday and since that's Charlotte Saturday... yeah. I'll shut up now ;).
     Big photography break through this week! I finally, finally, figured out aperture. FINALLY! I mean, I got the general gist of it before, but know I know how to correctly apply it. Finally. Did I mention finally yet? Anyways, this week's challenge has two of my best/favorite photos ever so I hope ya like em!
     Which of these is your favorite?
Hugs,
Dachshund Mommy
Day 1: You, then


Day 2: Father

Day 3: Far away
The sky wasn't really this blue. I had a lens filter in.
Day 4: In your mailbox/postbox

Day 5: Bright
This is the picture I finally figured out aperture in. It is officially my favorite photo (yet) of Nola.
Shot with a Nikon d3100, 18-55mm lens, ISO 800, 26mm, f/4.2, shutter speed 20

Day 6: Everyday
For like the last week these butterflies have been all over the flowers growing along our fence. 

Day 7: Night
Pretty much every night I spend ridiculous amounts of time in the humor section of Pinterest, being horrified/proud/embarrassed of just how funny I find pervy jokes.

15 comments:

  1. Our course we have to pick our favorite as the one of Nola! What kind of furends would we be if we didn't tee~hee~hee!!

    Mommy likes the picture of your book shelf. Especially the little pink doxie just hanging out there and the James Patterson book. (She's a big fan of his.) She loves his Michael Bennett series. She wants to know if you've ever read anything by Harlan Coban or Kristen Hannah?

    Congrat's on figuring out the aperture settings on your camera. My Mommy still doesn't get it! We'll look forward to more pictures.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, they are all really great. I think my favorites are #5 and #6.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great set of photos and I agree that the picture of Nola is awesome.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nola? Do you ever take a bad picture??

    -Ruby and Bart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics! Ma has gotta get her one of those cameras. She has tons of 35mm cameras, but hasn't forked out the $$$ for a good digital....Oooo, Ma's birthday is a few months away.....

    Kisses,

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Day 5 is our absolute favorite! That's a really stunning picture of Nola.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote fur the RAINBOW TROUT... DELICIOUS ... OOOPS I mean BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Frankie... delicious! :)

    The one of Nola is fantastic.. almost like she is in the room with me

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will pick " Far Away" as that is where I am, and blue is my fav colour. Do you have a Canon? Nikon? which model? I am still and will be for a long long time, learning with my Canon 550D. Lovely one of Nola of course. Cheers from Jean in New Zealand.( Hopped over to you from R&R in The R)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Bright photo of Nola! and the butterfly! That's wonderful you have lots of butterflies in your yard.

    your pal,
    Garth

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to pick Day 6: Everyday. It really caught my attention, and I think it is beautiful. Of course, I love every picture you take of Nola!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!