Monday, September 17, 2012

Award, Botanical Gardens and One Drunk Pup

      Hi, everyone! I have several things to show y'all today, so let's get to it.
First off, my pawsome furiend Garth Riley has bestowed the prestigious Addictive Blogger Award! Thanks so much, Garth!






     The rules of this award are:

  1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to them.
  2. Tell you how I started my blog and why I blog.
  3. Nominate 10 other bloggers.
     I started by blog when I was just a little puppy of five months old (BTW, I'll be TWO YEARS OLD in about 3 weeks!!! OMD) to document my crazy self and crazy life, and to get the stardom I so rightly deserve.
I blog now for those same reasons, but now I have all of you! I share my crazy thoughts and opinions, training, photography, home feeding, vet care and the general whirlwind of everyday life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie. Blogging is such an outlet for my bouncy self, and a creative outlet for Mom. I love blogging so much, and don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Guess you're stuck with me ;).

     I nominate the following blogs for the Addictive Blogger Award:

  1. Sasha the Lovable Shih Tzu  (and people think Dachshund is hard to spell! BOL)
  2. Ruby the Airedale
  3. Jazzi's World 
  4. Simpatico 
  5. Big Stinky Dog
  6. Finn
  7. Stewy Unscene 
  8. Urban Hounds
  9. Sagira's Agility Adventures
  10. Da Weenies of Florida 
     Thanks again, Garth!

      Second thing, we went to the botanical gardens in Dothan AL this weekend! It was really pretty, and we had fun till Mom got too hot and hungry to stay any longer, BOL! We did some recall work too, and I was perfectly behaved. We went to PetsMart after, for treats. I weigh 8lbs, 9ozs.
Mom loved the rose garden best


Epic cuteness!

These plants were SO soft


Just froggin out




I had a strange fear/fascination of the koi pond. See that big orange one near the bottom? He was bigger than I am. No joke.


I went for a quick dip. See how shiny my fur is? Yet another benefit of homemade.



OMG, did you see that spider? MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!!!!

Wait, they want to what? Have a wedding? Outside? In the middle of September, in FLORIDA no less?

LOL LOL LOL!!!

Dachshund Mommy: "NOLA!!! The bride's right over there, be quiet!"





Next time we go back, Mom's taking a lock with my name on it.




     And third, I'm saddened to say (not really) that Puddles has rubbed off on me. But sshhh, what happens at Mexico Beach stays at Mexico Beach!
No Doxies were harmed in the taking of these pictures. Never ever ever give your dog alcohol. This is an empty, ocean cleaned bottle. Mom says I have to put this here so some stick up the ass concerned person doesn't call PETA on us.
Ooohhh this is good!

The pawty has arrived!



Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

24 comments:

  1. What a great weekend. We love that note about the lock gate....and hey, we won't tell about the beach party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nola,

    We loved your post! We loved your award, the flowers, the pictures of the fishes, LOVED the lock gate, skerry spiders ~ yuck! But that last picture of you after drinking the beer..... Well, that is priceless!

    (We're laughing at Mommy's comment too...)

    You're so funny, guess that's why we love you so much Nola!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 pounds, 9 oz?? You're SO tiny, Nola!! Bart weighs 108 and I weigh 90!! BOL!!

    -Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nola....
    Congrats on earning the award!! You deserve it!! ;)
    I loved the spider picture!! It looked as though "she" was hovering in your sky like some helicopter!! ;-D
    Oh no!! A "drunken" Nola!! Hee, hee, hee.... ;op
    Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terror-ific postee! And how come weenie dogs always get da reputation fur being BAD? BOL

    Loves all your pics today! (well, loves all your pics all da time)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD...So caught up in your purrrty pics dat I furgot to say thank you fur da wonder-fur award! So...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

    Me be postin about it soon.

    PawHugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. We bet that beer must have tasted really good after all that walking! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy does mom love those gardens! Thanks for taking us along. Congratulations on your award
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for honoring us with that award and that beer does look refreshing!

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your award, I have to go check out some of those blogs. And thank your mommy for taking us to such a beautiful garden, except for the spider, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your award! Thanks for sharing such awesome pics from the botanical gardens. That spider looks like it's just in the sky! Nola, I think you and Puddles could be real party girls together! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your award Nola!! And, thank you from the bottom of my furry little heart for honorin' ME with such an honor!
    I just LOVED all the pics in the post! I REALLY loved the lock gate. I have never seen anything like that before...just love it.
    Now, all you need is some Cheetos, and your all set for a "Puddles' Pawty"!!!

    Kisses,

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures. We love the froggy legs best.

    Congratulations on your award.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your post! From the epic cuteness to the awesome photography (you really must have a great photographer on staff). The botanical garden looks lovely. You even do a wonderful drunk puppy look!

    your pal,
    Garth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness that last pic is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your Award!
    The roses are soooo beautiful!
    All the pictures are grrrreat!
    Your froggie pose.... and you drunk???
    Haaaa!
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your award, Nola! What a beautiful place and perfect for your mom's photography skills. The pictures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you had a bee-u-tea-ful day Nola!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Epic cuteness is right! I love your eyes, Nola. They are gorgeous, as is your shiny fur!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for sharing it with me! I love your pictures and the flowers and especially when you were settling in with a nice cold brew. I love the "epic cuteness" comment. That describes you perfectly.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you SOOOOO much for the great award! :) We are just tickled pink! :)

    Your mom is an amazing photographer. The pictures made me a) feel like I was there seeing the places and things, too and b) make me long to actually visit there. :)

    Have a great day, Nola!
    xx
    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOOO danks so much Nola! My mommy loves this an so do I!!


    `mason

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!