Monday, September 24, 2012

4 Doxies: Personality and Accents

     Hi, everyone! Today I'm gonna tell y'all some things about ME and my minions that you probably don't know (and if you do, you're a stalker...just kidding). First off, a short description of our personalities, so you can get to know us a bit better.



Beautiful ME

Nola: I'm the fun and playful one! I like to learn and to train, but I get bored with things quickly. I'm definitely the smartest of the bunch! 
I'm picky about the people I like- if I don't like you, I hate you and if I like you, I'm a friend for life. I'm the camera ham (obviously). I'm glued to Mom's side 24/7. 
Dachshund Mommy: Nola is one of the most dramatic dogs I have ever met. She refuses to admit to this, but it's true. 
People say I'm the brat and the bully, stealing food and toys (that I don't even want) from the others and getting jealous when the spotlight's on someone else, but really I just know my place as head bitch and hate when that status is messed with. The seven words that best describe me are: 
funny
smart
sensitive
vindictive 
loving
feisty
dramatic


Auggie


Augustine: He's the protector (read: my bodyguard) and the lover of the bunch. He's dense and clumsy, but has an incredible sense of smell and is a good hunter. He loves lizards.
He's the most tolerant, but is also the least friendly with strangers. He's a complete and utter chow hound. Doesn't matter what kind of food it is, he'll eat it (unless it's citrus).
He hates to see us girls fight (mainly, it's Boston and I having a go at each other) and will push us apart till we stop fighting.
He has the memory of a goldfish! The seven words that best describe him are:
stupid
loving
hungry
scatterbrained
protective
happy
tolerant 



Boston

Boston: She's the worrier of the group, and gets freaked out easily. She's the social butterfly, both with people and other dogs. She can be very demanding when she wants attention.
She's a very "soft" dog, and is highly sensitive to tone and stance. 
She's not food motivated, at all. She doesn't care for training, and would rather be in your lap. 
She's tennis ball crazed, which has earned her the affectionate nickname of "Ball Whore".
She has a hard time keeping weight on her. That's where her other nickname, Skinny Bitch" comes from.
The seven words that best describe her are:
clingy
worried
skinny
friendly
temperamental
kissy 


Phoenix 


Phoenix: Ah, Phee. She's very sweet, but is even dumber than Auggie. She's the gullible little sister, and a complete tag along.
She's food CRAZED!! Mealtime is the highlight of her day.
She adores Auggie, despite his complete indifference to her. She bit him on the boy bits once, I can't blame him for not wanting to be near her.
The seven words that best describe her are:
dim
cuddly
hungry
clingy
gullible
little
sister


     Now, this is a bit weird, but it's part of who were are so you'll just have to deal with it ;). We have accents. When the peeps make us "say" something, it's in a certain voice depending one who's "talking". They are as follows:

Nola: The Glee actress Lea Michelle. This is spot on.
Auggie: Auggie's voice is that of a very posh British man, with a perverted drawl for good measure.
Boston: Boston is Mrs Pots, from Beauty and the Beast.
Phoenix: Phee has the squeaky, slightly irritating voice of Minnie Mouse.

     Pretty weird huh? I know, it's great!
Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

30 comments:

  1. how funny... great post!!!
    :) honestly! this was the most wonderful of posts.

    Thanks for doing the girly thing with Lily during her recent upset.. Ben and Jerry can fix a lot of ills and retail therapy doesn't.

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning to our Florida Gang,
    Such a pawsome post today! We learned some new stuff about you all, but I would say we're mainly STALKERS! ha....

    I'm feeling much better today now that my man problems are all solved! Whew.... I couldn't handle all that stress for too long, bcuz then you and I would be getting fat eating all that Ben & Jerrys Chubby Hubby or Chunky Monkey or what ever you call it.... Thanks for being my BBFF Nola!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nola!
    Wow, what a fun post and I loved reading more about you, my good furiends. That's so pawesome that you have your own voices! You should try imitating each other and throwing those voices...think of the havoc you could cause your peeps! BWAR HAR HAR
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute.....we love learning more about you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a voice, too, except it's just a higher pitch of my people's voices!
    -Mister (under my mom's account)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nola,

    This was a really fun post!! :) I can't believe you're saying Auggie and Phoenix are stupid and dumb - Haha

    Love that you have accents, we have the whole accent thing going on in our house too, with Mum being British and Dad and the kids American - luckily I've got a good ear and can adjust - it's not easy though!! :)

    Wags to all,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I love this post! Isn't it funny how we have voices for our pets. I think your voices are right on the money! Nola.... vindictive.....naw! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta posts, always good to know about your Furends. That voices thingy, yep, we got that also, bites has a different voice for mom and dad and me.

    Your Furends
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boston does have that worried look. :) We loved getting to know more about all of you. We think all of you have such interesting voices. Wish we could hear Auggie's British drawl.
    We're not sure if you have written about how each of you joined the family. Maybe you could do a post on that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Nola, I hates to tell yu dis but me and you is A LOT alike...we has likes ALL da same personality traits. I know, but don't be skeered.

    There is just sumptin' bouts da Boston dat just pulls at my mum.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha - memory of a goldfish!

    Sounds like a fun bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for letting us learn a little more about everyone.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pawsome, hilarious post! You make me wag. Always.

    Toots

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love learning more about y'all!!

    ~Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  15. But you're all doxies!!!

    We enjoy learning all about you.

    XXXOOO Daisy, bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  16. YEP... ALL Dachshunds are as Different as Night and Day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hehe my mommy says stuff in my voice as an english chap!

    ~Mason

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mrs Potts, BOL. Loved reading this!

    Slobbers

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was great! I loved getting to know the whole pack. Auggie now has a special place in my heart with that face and description, but don't tell Nola ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww I love them all. Eleanor has a spanish accent because her original parents were spanish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was such a fun post. We loved learning more about each of you. And done is such a cute way. We should try this for us, but we aren't so good with words.

    Have a great week.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved reading about your personalities!
    It is very interesting!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  23. This was hysterical! Great post! Of course, I don't believe you are vindictive, Nola!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nola...This is so funny. I think you already know how much I love Auggie. Nothing like a big, dumb boy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bahahaha! I laughed through the entire post!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh we loved learning all your secrets
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  27. I read somewhere that if you own two dogs, you know their personalities, but if you own more dogs you can't recognize their personalities from each other. They somehow get mixed together. This post just proved that theory wrong! Well, I didn't believe it in the first place...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks fur sharing! Our angel sister Allie, who went to the bridge in 2009 was called a "snack whore" by the humans! BOL! Not that Ruby would know anything about that!!!

    -Bart

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lol. Such colorful descriptions... and I mean colorful in a sense so as not to hurt your minion's feelings. Diva-much, Miss Nola?

    Huggies and Cheese,
    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMD Nola, we have so much in common, you could use all your words to describe me. My peeps talk for me all the time. Mommy thinks if I could talk it would be Ellen Degeneres since I am fun but also can be very sassy. I love this post, thank you for helping us to know you all better.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!