Monday, August 13, 2012

Dachshund Nola Reviews: PETfection

This is all MINE, Phee! You back off
     Hi everyone! Before I start, I want to say a big thank you to all who participated in Black and White Sunday. Y'all made it a hit, especially considering it was only the third week!

     Today I'm doing a review for the Etsy shop PETfection, specifically their all natural bug repellent.
Living in Florida (and having the very mild "winter" we had last year), bugs are a irritating, year round battle here. But, Mom isn't comfortable giving me your typical flea treatments. It can't be good for a little weenie like me! On the flip side, I'm miserable every summer (and spring, and fall...). Itching, rubbing, scratching galore!
Well, we found a nice alternative to the awful bug bites or they questionable flea drops. PETfection's Organic dog and cat bug repellent!

     According to the shop: IT'S BUG SEASON! Try our Bug Spray which is excellent at preventing flea & tick infestation, and mosquito bites on your pet's fur and skin.

This Non-Toxic, 100% Organic formula contains Peppermint and Geranium Essential Oils to ward off bugs, while helping to treat any bites your pet my already have. It will also balance the oil production in your pet's skin and help keep it supple.

Use before, during, and after hunting trips, camping trips, day hikes, or wilderness events. Can also be used daily as a spray in mosquito season.


     Also from the shop:

All About Being 100% Natural & Organic

I started PETfection in 2007 with a desire to produce the safest possible products for pets by making them 100% Natural & Organic. Every ingredient has been deemed non-toxic and safe.

With my background in chemistry and biology I know what ingredients are chemicals, which are natural, and which are organic. Many pet products claim they are "natural" or "organic," but actually contain chemicals or potentially toxic ingredients!

I wanted every single ingredient in my products to be deemed non-toxic in all research studies. This is why you won't find certain essential oils in my products (for example, tea tree) because some studies show potential toxicity. I wanted to eliminate any doubt in the safety of the product.

That being said, I still wanted my products to be effective and do what they say! Through much trial and error I have developed effective formulas, all the while keeping the product price low so everyone can afford them!








PROS:

Smelled nice
I'm finicky about certain smells on me, and this didn't bother me at all
No oily residue
Worked on the mosquitos 90% of the time
Didn't upset my very sensitive skin
Non-toxic
Organic
Would probably be 100% effective in a more Northern setting



CONS:

Mosquitos weren't 100% repelled
Mom couldn't tell if it worked on the fleas. The ticking of my fur makes it next to impossible to see fleas on me.



     Overall, Mom and I give the bug spray 4 out of 5 stars! Head over PETfection and tell em Nola sent you!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

Pee.s What do you think of the new header?
Pee.Pee.S. We're on Coffe with a Canine! Check it out here 


Mom thought this was so cute. Dork BOL

If you're wondering why it says cat, there was just a slight mix up. But dogs can use either the dog or cat spray

I look quite irritated here.


No bugs here! Just my gawjuss girlish figure. Is it hot in here? Oh wait, that's just ME! I am smokin'  hot


23 comments:

  1. Love the new header!! Anytime you feature your gawjuss face it makes everything better!!

    Thanks for the review... we are getting atededed up by quitos and ders (that is mosquitoes and spiders).. we will have to check this out!

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went squeeeeeee when we saw your new header this morning. Of course any picture of you is pawfect!

    You using a kitty spray? That's priceless.... We think there's a prowless kitty in you just urging to come out :)

    A very good review of those products. We will have to also check out their site.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle
    p.s. Yes, I think Phee and I do look alike (when I was a pup of course...) We are bootiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new header!

    Great review, too.

    And I loved reading your interview on Coffee with Canine. It's such a great blog; we were interviewed there in June! Great interview! Plus you used one of our favorite Nola photos -- the pink beach photo.

    Keep on wagging,
    love,
    Tootsie & Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely header!
    Hope your new repellant works to eliminate all the little buggie creatures. We enjoyed your interview today :)
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your review of the buggy stuff. You look good sporting your gold medal
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new header, but you've never had one I didn't like (smile). This sounds very interesting to me. My Nikki gets red bumps when the bugs get her. Heading over to read your interview.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nola!
    Wow, your header pix is lovely! Looking very chic. Anything that keeps those pesky bugs away is a good thing! BOL
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. I'm allergic to fleas, and the vettie has me on EXPENSIVE flea pills, I would love to see if this worked instead, or even if I could use the pills less, this would be great. I just loved your interview!! Your Moms is a sweetie!

    Kisses,

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your header is beautiful, but every picture of you is.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new header!! :o) Mom said thanks for the review, with my skin, it might help out with creepy crawlies that are out in the grass that makes me itch!

    ~Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep us informed, we get ticks here and wear the tick collars, but mom would like to get rid of them.

    Susie & Bites

    Pees; Your header is HOT, with a HOT Weenier Nola

    ReplyDelete
  12. SUPER HEADER..
    My mom planted Apple Mint to help keep bugs AWAY from us. She says that both Geraniums and Marigolds help too.. so I am sure that this NATURAL SPRAY would work well... and you would smell delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the awesome review Nola! You can view the plethora of PETfection goods at the home website: www.myPETfection.com. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new header looks fabulous! 4 out 5 stars is pretty good!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice Header!! We'll have to check that buggy stuff out. I don't like skeeters!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sure was nice of you to do a review for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review!!! We have lots of bugs here and we hate them. Sigh! we don't have winter here. No, we don't even have spring and autumn : ((


    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh you are smokin' hot Nola and that was an awesome review! Your Coffee with a Canine interview was pretty terrific too! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, and I do love your new header! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the new header! You do look quite irritated in that picture...but then again, I might be too if I got called a c-a-t! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your new header. Thank you for the review. I hope it keeps those nasty skeetos away. I hate them. I like the picture of you looking kind of irritated.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mommy wants to know if it works to repel mosquitoes on humans too. She's a mozzie magnet and it's mozzie season all year round. Hahaha. Silly Mommy.
    PS/ LOVE your new header!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!